Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 9 90.00%
Chicago Bears 1 10.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-18-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 15: Chicago Bears @ Baltimore Ravens

The Bears (5-8) come into Baltimore (7-6) to take on the Ravens this weekend. Chicago lost to the Packers in a close game last weekend while Baltimore destroyed the Lions. I don't think what we did last weekend was a great indicator of our team going in the right direction, but we did what we were supposed to. There isn't anybody on offense for the Bears that seems like they could hurt us too badly. Cutler seems to be just as likely to throw a pick rather than a touchdown this year and their receivers aren't the physical type that gives us problems. I think we win this one semi-easily.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Note: This game has been moved from 1 p.m. EST to 4:15 p.m. EST due to a pending snowstorm in the area.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:07 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

snow game should mean a lot of running the ball, putting this game at our advantage
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really want to see E Reed pick off Cutler this week.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:37 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I'm so pumped for this game! This snow storm is freakin awesome and I can't wait to see our 3 headed monster plow over the Bears! Not smack talking, I just wanna see us go back to smash mouth "pound the football" mentality on Sunday!
Old 12-18-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
dcarey20
Pro Bowler

dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.dcarey20 is a cocksman.

Ravens 31
Bears 20
Old 12-20-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked the Bears to be different. lol. But if the Ravens somehow decide to put the ball in the air, I think the Bears can pull it out. I believe Olsen will give the Ravens fits. Their recievers aren't really scary, but I wouldn't rule them out. Just give the ball to Rice and I will be happy.
Old 12-20-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've got to admit I was completely wrong about DWill. I thought he was done in Baltimore, but he's just exactly what the offense needs. Hope we keep him around next year.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ha this is what I get for picking the Bears. I guess this puts the Ravens into the playoffs unless they go on a collapse these next two games.
Old 12-20-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Ha this is what I get for picking the Bears. I guess this puts the Ravens into the playoffs unless they go on a collapse these next two games.
I still have a hard time seeing them beat the Steelers in Pittsburgh. Plus, the Steelers are coming a win against Green Bay which kept them alive in the playoffs. They will definitely give Baltimore a very tough challenge and I doubt we win, which would drop us back to 8-7, so all Raven fans should be rooting against Miami, Denver, Jacksonville, and New York.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

The Ravens control their own destiny even if they lose next week. I really think the Steelers and Ravens will have the last two spots in the playoffs.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Jacksonville loses to NEW next week making them 8-8 and done.

Say the Ravens, steelers, dolphins, Jets all end up 9-7 do the Ravens have the tie breaker? I think we will but I am not 100% sure
Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Ravens control their own destiny even if they lose next week. I really think the Steelers and Ravens will have the last two spots in the playoffs.
Yeah, the Denver loss really helped the Ravens out big time, they now have the #5 spot and if they can hold on to that, they'll play Cincinnati, arguably the worst out of all the AFC playoff teams.

on a side note- Cincy has yet to clinch the division and Baltimore is still alive, but I think they'll beat win the next two games left and clinch at 11-5.

Here are my predictions

AFC South - Colts #1 (16-0)

AFC West - Chargers #2 (13-3)

AFC East - Patriots #3 (11-5)

AFC North - Bengals #4 (11-5)

Wild-card #1 - Ravens (9-7)

Wild-card #2 - Broncos (9-7)

Miami will likely lose one of the next 2 vs. Pitt. and Houston

Jacksonville IMO, will end up 8-8

Pittsburgh will end up 9-7 but their division record will keep em out.

Jets will end up 7-9, losing to Indy and Cincy.

Titans will end up 8-8

Houston will likely lose one of there next 2 vs. New England and Miami.

If I am correct on the bolded, the Ravens should make the playoffs, as long as they beat the Oakland Raiders in Week 17, regardless to whether they win or lose in Pittsburgh.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Dolphins and Steelers cannot both be 9-7 as both are 7-7 and play each other. If a three way tie between the Ravens, Steelers, and Broncos happens, the Ravens have the 5th seed and the Steelers have the 6th. I think that will be the most likely scenario unless the Steelers decide to lose. Steelers will play Cincy and Baltimore will play NE.
Old 12-20-2009, 09:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Yeah, the Denver loss really helped the Ravens out big time, they now have the #5 spot and if they can hold on to that, they'll play Cincinnati, arguably the worst out of all the AFC playoff teams.

on a side note- Cincy has yet to clinch the division and Baltimore is still alive, but I think they'll beat win the next two games left and clinch at 11-5.

Here are my predictions

AFC South - Colts #1 (16-0)

AFC West - Chargers #2 (13-3)

AFC East - Patriots #3 (11-5)

AFC North - Bengals #4 (11-5)

Wild-card #1 - Ravens (9-7)

Wild-card #2 - Broncos (9-7)

Miami will likely lose one of the next 2 vs. Pitt. and Houston

Jacksonville IMO, will end up 8-8

Pittsburgh will end up 9-7 but their division record will keep em out.

Jets will end up 7-9, losing to Indy and Cincy.

Titans will end up 8-8

Houston will likely lose one of there next 2 vs. New England and Miami.

If I am correct on the bolded, the Ravens should make the playoffs, as long as they beat the Oakland Raiders in Week 17, regardless to whether they win or lose in Pittsburgh.
I just explained what would happen. Steelers have the H2H over the Broncos which would put the Steelers in the playoffs, not the Broncos.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IDC what anyone says the ravens/steelers rivlary is the best this decade, the 2 most physical teams of the decade and every year it seems like the game will affect the AFC playoff situation greatly. Its going to be a good game sunday.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

It's not going to be a good game, it's going to be epic, amazing, and every other word for good. I am super excited.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:13 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

yea seriously I understand peoples point of view saying we cant have the best rivlary because its so young, but it is as intense if not more intense then any other rivlary in the NFL.

here is a great website talking about our rivlary

http://www.afc-north.com/rivalry/pitbal.html

my favorite part of the rivlary was when the goose challenged any steelers fan to a fight after the game. That stuff would never happen under harbaugh but it is still funny.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

possible torn ACL for Lardarius Webb. ****
Old 12-20-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I was just about to report that. Huge blow for the Ravens.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

there goes the season.... Big Ben puts up 7 touchdowns.

Maybe Harbaugh can get over whatever happened w/ him and Cmac and bring him in. I know I am the only one on the face of the earth that doesnt want to kill Frank Walker and I admit he shouldnt be anything more then a #4.

We are screwed
Old 12-20-2009, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I love Frank Walker because he sucks so bad and Tone always has huge games against him. Let's go Walker!
Old 12-20-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I would love for us to bring back Cmac but it wont happen. He has to be better then Carr/Walker and he can cover Ward. Both are old, slow, physical and they probably dont like each other.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I don't think anyone on that Ravens defense likes Hines.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I just explained what would happen. Steelers have the H2H over the Broncos which would put the Steelers in the playoffs, not the Broncos.
you're right, but they would have to beat Baltimore AND Miami. Very likely, especially after beating a red hot Packers team.

and you can guarantee a Steeler win next week with this news right here -
http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/?p=2617

Our best cornerback is likely out for the year, still pending official confirmation with an MRI but no one's optimistic. Looks like Frank Walker and Chris Carr will go up against Ward and Holmes again. Oh boy. 24-10 Steelers over the Ravens.