Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 12-27-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
For the Steelers to get in, they need:

Steelers win, Baltimore lose/tie, Jets loss/tie, and Texans loss/tie.

I personally think the Bengals will show up next week. I am not too high on the Jets because their rookie quarterback and inconsistant defense.
The Steelers and Ravens both can't get into the playoffs now? I was kind of hoping to see three teams from the AFC North get in :D.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Actually, I lied. The Steelers and Ravens both get in if Houston and Jets both lose next Sunday.
Old 12-28-2009, 06:58 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Good game, fellas. I am glad Mike Wallace burnt Frank Walker all game. :)
Did you expect different?
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:42 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For the Steelers to get in, they need:

Steelers win, Baltimore lose/tie, Jets loss/tie, and Texans loss/tie.

I personally think the Bengals will show up next week. I am not too high on the Jets because their rookie quarterback and inconsistant defense.
I agree, I hate the fact that those cocky Jet's are in the playoffs, all because of Jim Caldwell's bonehead decision to pull Manning.

Quote:
Actually, I lied. The Steelers and Ravens both get in if Houston and Jets both lose next Sunday.
Raven's get in regardless of Houston winning or not. They control there own destiny.
Old 12-28-2009, 07:51 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Raven fans, root for these teams -

New England Patriots beating the Houston Texans.

Bengals beating the New York Jets.

Denver beating the Chiefs.

And finally, if you want Pittsburgh in the playoffs, root for them, if you wanna see em' get knocked out, root for Miami.

If the games I bolded do indeed go down that way, then we will get in as the 5th seed and play the Bengals instead of the Patriots. Which is a much better match up in our favor.
Old 12-28-2009, 11:44 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anybody pick up on Suggs, and Mason laughing after they completly blew it on plays that were easy TDs? It was embarassing you dont laugh at a situation like that.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
I agree, I hate the fact that those cocky Jet's are in the playoffs, all because of Jim Caldwell's bonehead decision to pull Manning.

Raven's get in regardless of Houston winning or not. They control there own destiny.
I agree. But for some reason, I think Sanchez has a terrible game next Sunday. The Bengals defense is pretty damn good and could cause Dirty Sanchez to make mistakes. I hope LJ and Benson get a heavy doseage next Sunday as well. The Bengals need to play their starters because they have not played well at all lately.

Quote:
Raven fans, root for these teams -

New England Patriots beating the Houston Texans.

Bengals beating the New York Jets.

Denver beating the Chiefs.

And finally, if you want Pittsburgh in the playoffs, root for them, if you wanna see em' get knocked out, root for Miami.

If the games I bolded do indeed go down that way, then we will get in as the 5th seed and play the Bengals instead of the Patriots. Which is a much better match up in our favor.
I hope your bolded works out so the Steelers and Ravens both get in.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I agree. But for some reason, I think Sanchez has a terrible game next Sunday. The Bengals defense is pretty damn good and could cause Dirty Sanchez to make mistakes. I hope LJ and Benson get a heavy doseage next Sunday as well. The Bengals need to play their starters because they have not played well at all lately.

The Bengals defense is good stat wise, but they haven't been playing well in recent weeks.

I hope your bolded works out so the Steelers and Ravens both get in.

I could care less if the Steelers get in or not, I just want to play Cincinnati in the playoffs.

I will be rooting for you guys though, cause we have a lot better chance vs. Pitt than we do vs. San Diego, Indy, or New England.
:D
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...e_request.html

Also, Troy Smith has requested a trade once the season is over. I think he'll get one, but what is this guy worth? Can we get a 5th rounder for him?

Maybe we could include him in a package to try and get Dwayne Bowe or Brandon Marshall? Both teams still don't have a true franchise QB yet. Not saying Smith is one, but maybe there interested?
Old 12-28-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/spor...e_request.html

Also, Troy Smith has requested a trade once the season is over. I think he'll get one, but what is this guy worth? Can we get a 5th rounder for him?

Maybe we could include him in a package to try and get Dwayne Bowe or Brandon Marshall? Both teams still don't have a true franchise QB yet. Not saying Smith is one, but maybe there interested?
I just think the Bengals are missing Peko a lot. If he is ready to go Sunday, that Jets run game could have a hard time. I don't know why the Chiefs would want Troy Smith since they have Cassell now. Broncos could be interested, but they already let Cutler out of town, I doubt Denver would let Marshall go. The fans in Denver would riot.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we dont have to root for anybody, all we need to do is win in Oakland and we're in I thought.

As for Troy Smith I don't think we can get anything for him, he basically has zero trade value in the league.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

That is correct. Ravens win, they're in. The Raiders play extremely well against good teams this season, so that should be interesting. They seem to be running the ball well and they have good players on defense. Should be interesting and fun to watch.
Old 12-28-2009, 04:27 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That is correct. Ravens win, they're in. The Raiders play extremely well against good teams this season, so that should be interesting. They seem to be running the ball well and they have good players on defense. Should be interesting and fun to watch.
Oh I have no doubt that the Ravens will blow it, but i was just makin sure all we had to do was win.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 12-28-2009, 04:50 PM    (permalink
America
Pro Bowler

America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.America is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Smith isn't worth anything as far as draft picks or in a package to get a worthwhile player. We could only trade him for like a dime back or some one of that value.
America is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
we dont have to root for anybody, all we need to do is win in Oakland and we're in I thought.

As for Troy Smith I don't think we can get anything for him, he basically has zero trade value in the league.
you're correct, we win and we're in. But If the games I bolded go down. then we'd play Cincy instead of New England.

and you really think we'll lose to Oakland? with the playoffs on the line? I don't care how many good team's they've beat, Raven's don't lose to the bad teams PLUS, the playoffs are on the line, no way Harbaugh overlooks the Raiders.
Old 12-28-2009, 05:12 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That was just ERU being ERU.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
That was just ERU being ERU.
yeah, if he was right about his predictions, then the Ravens would be in the 2-4 win range.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

Do I honestly think we'll lose to Oakland...No

Would it shock me if this inconsistent, undisciplined, unaccountable bunch of garbage went in there and blew it...No

Thats basically the point Im making.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
Old 12-29-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Would it shock me if this inconsistent, undisciplined, unaccountable bunch of garbage went in there and blew it...No

Yeah I agree with this....but Oakland commits a lot of penalties too, so hopefully they will commit more than we do...will Gaither be back?
Old 12-29-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Unfortunately I've come to be at this point as well. We haven't lost to bad teams, but as soon as we play a good one we're done for. The talent is there, but the discipline, coaching, and football IQ isn't.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

A little comment on the Troy Smith trade request, this is kinda like a dream, but I wanted to post it anyways.

Say we trade Troy Smith + Ravens 1st Rounder + Ravens 2nd Rounder + Ravens 5th rounder FOR St. Louis Rams 1st Rounder and then draft Ndamukong Suh!

Imagine that :) Ngata, Suh, and Edwards in a 3-4 with Ngata as the NT and Suh and Edwards as the DE's.

Suggs and Jarret Johnson w/ Barnes and Kruger rotating as the OLB's

Ray Ray and Ellerbe/Gooden at MLB

WOW that would be such a beastly front 7. No need for a lock down corner when you've got a front 7 like that. And then make a move in free agency for a Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson and we are set.

Although, we all know that's not happening :D just wanted to post it

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 12-30-2009 at 11:49 AM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

Quote:
A little comment on the Troy Smith trade request, this is kinda like a dream, but I wanted to post it anyways.

Say we trade Troy Smith + Ravens 1st Rounder + Ravens 2nd Rounder + Ravens 5th rounder FOR St. Louis Rams 1st Rounder and then draft Ndamukong Suh!

Imagine that :) Ngata, Suh, and Edwards in a 3-4 with Ngata as the NT and Suh and Edwards as the DE's.

Suggs and Jarret Johnson w/ Barnes and Kruger rotatingas the OLB's

Ray Ray and Ellerbe/Gooden at MLB

WOW that would be such a beastly front 7. No need for a lock down corner when you've got a front 7 like that. And then make a move in free agency for a Brandon Marshall or Vincent Jackson and we are set.

Although, we all know that's not happening :D just wanted to post it
I would like to start off by saying I hate you BmoreBlackByrds for making me salivate at something that as you stated would never happen.....but if such a dream were to come true, our secondary would be fine with Webb and Fox as our 1 and 2 corners, maybe Wash at nickel, and Zibby and please god a healthy Reed....we would be great.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Not going to happen.
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote