Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-03-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
RGVBadBoy
Rookie

RGVBadBoy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

IF he runs a 4.3 at the Combine, Cooper will be wearing the Silver and Black in Oakland
RGVBadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:04 PM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie

SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I think after the Sugar Bowl his stock is on the rise, on his 80 yard bomb that guy was flying down the field, he totally dusted both the corner & safety that were chasing him. I'm not sure about sub 4.4 but low 4.4 seems pretty accurate to me. Late 2nd round anyone?
SnowPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:28 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow got picked in the 1st.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nard_Dog View Post
Will probably go around were former Florida receiver Louis Murphy went.
We have space for another Gator if we decide to not keep JLH around. You know Al's gonna fall for his speedzzz! Let's make it happen!!!
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if he somehow got picked in the 1st.
He doesnt look like a polished route runner just yet so even with his blazing speed i doubt he gets near the 1st round. Matt Jones did it but teams might look at that result as a negative.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie

SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
He doesnt look like a polished route runner just yet so even with his blazing speed i doubt he gets near the 1st round. Matt Jones did it but teams might look at that result as a negative.
I think Matt Jones is even more freaky then Cooper, Jones was 6'6 and 242lbs when he ran that 4.37, which has never been done before or since for that matter. There are a few, not many, at Cooper's 6'3ish height that have run sub 4.4, so the OMG factor, even if he breaks 4.4, won't be there like it was for Jones. BTW its a disgrace that Jones is not in the league anymore.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
I think Matt Jones is even more freaky then Cooper, Jones was 6'6 and 242lbs when he ran that 4.37, which has never been done before or since for that matter. There are a few, not many, at Cooper's 6'3ish height that have run sub 4.4, so the OMG factor, even if he breaks 4.4, won't be there like it was for Jones. BTW its a disgrace that Jones is not in the league anymore.
how is it a disgrace? He forced himself out of the league with his coke issues. And who is it a disgrace?
Old 01-04-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
how is it a disgrace? He forced himself out of the league with his coke issues. And who is it a disgrace?
Good to know there are zero players in the league that have never done drugs. Nice to see they've cleaned that up.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:28 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really, really, really like Riley Cooper. The speed is legit. His hands and route running aren't always all there, but they aren't bad either. We'll see. Florida wide receivers are traditionally fools gold, but Harvin and Murphy have looked damn good so far. No reason to think Cooper can't have similar success.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Its a disgrace to the racist followers of white football players

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dallas newspaper suggested he would be a 4th or 5th round pick.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
Good to know there are zero players in the league that have never done drugs. Nice to see they've cleaned that up.
I never said their aren't players who have drug problems. The NFL does try and help these player, by keeping them in the substance abuse program. But if the slip up they are obviously gonna be on their way out.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
Stamper
Rookie

Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stamper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont see him in the nfl, primarily cause he's white...... what?
Stamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:31 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I never said their aren't players who have drug problems. The NFL does try and help these player, by keeping them in the substance abuse program. But if the slip up they are obviously gonna be on their way out.
Agree. Jones may be his own worst enemy. His latest screwup was actually beer related. My guess is he'll get a chance next year but needs to show he's serious about the NFL. After the Eagles gave Michael Vick a second chance i figure it applies to just about everyone else.

As for where Cooper will go in the draft, seeing where Darius Heyward Bey was chosen based pretty much soley on size and speed, i can see Cooper's stock soaring for the same reason. Coopers numbers at Florida this year were clearly better than DHB's last year Maryland.
Old 01-05-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
Dallas newspaper suggested he would be a 4th or 5th round pick.
No. Most likely he will be gone by the late 2nd.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 10:32 AM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie

Quote:
I think the guy made one mistake, Vick got another chance, Adam Jones got another chance, why not Matt Jones?
Old 01-05-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Its a disgrace to the racist followers of white football players
What the hell is that comment about????????????? I didn't say ANYTHING about Jones being white! If you like a player that happens to be white your a racist???????? I guess you woke up on the wrong side of the bed, so I will let that go, besides your a mod and i just signed up, so whatever.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the guy made one mistake, Vick got another chance, Adam Jones got another chance, why not Matt Jones?
Matt Jones got caught with coke more than once.

Regarding Cooper, I think he could be a solid slot reciever who could develop into a solid number 2. The Florida track record of recievers is not good, but it seems like Harvin and Murphy are breaking that.
Old 01-06-2010, 09:01 AM    (permalink
jared
Veteran

jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.jared could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post

Regarding Cooper, I think he could be a solid slot reciever who could develop into a solid number 2. The Florida track record of recievers is not good, but it seems like Harvin and Murphy are breaking that.
You don't put height, long speed, and unrefined route running in the slot.
jared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post

How does a 6'3 215lbs burner best "project" to the slot, and not on the outside where he can use his speed?
Old 01-06-2010, 10:57 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not what is viewed as a prototypical slot receiver today. Not in the Welker/Bess mold at all. He reminds me a bit of Miles Austin from a height/speed perspective(although I don't think he'll run 4.29 haha). If all goes right with him and he develops well, I could see him being a similar player.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mike Vick was a pro Bowler, PacMan was very promising, Matt Jones was a bust.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
PickedOffTwice
Rookie

PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.PickedOffTwice is a cocksman.

Quote:
I would say to himself. He has all the talent in the world and all the second chances needed. Yet, he pissed it away...
PickedOffTwice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 04:06 PM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElectricEye View Post
He's not what is viewed as a prototypical slot receiver today. Not in the Welker/Bess mold at all. He reminds me a bit of Miles Austin from a height/speed perspective(although I don't think he'll run 4.29 haha). If all goes right with him and he develops well, I could see him being a similar player.
He ran a 4.47 at the combine...I'll never understand why people would take Pro Day times over combine times...
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
Mike Vick was a pro Bowler, PacMan was very promising, Matt Jones was a bust.
Ummm no,

#1 Vick sucked, currently sucks, always will suck. He was nothing more then an ESPN media hype job.

#2. Adam Jones had one decent year, just like Matt Jones, then went on to commit one violent crime after another, and the only reason he is out of the league right now is because he ummmm SUCKS.

#3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.