Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:34 PM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37
Reputation: 389
SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
He ran a 4.47 at the combine...I'll never understand why people would take Pro Day times over combine times...
lol I know right, he ran a 4.29 34 yard dash...lol
SnowPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 986
Reputation: 2800
murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Matt Jones got caught with coke more than once.


Regarding Cooper, I think he could be a solid slot reciever who could develop into a solid number 2. The Florida track record of recievers is not good, but it seems like Harvin and Murphy are breaking that.
Even though it was too early to tell and he was more of a TE, Cornelious Ingram was slated to get some quality PT for the Eagles too. I hope he recovers
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 274
Reputation: 15430
TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
#3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.
I'm a Jags fan and this is just lol. He did NOT have a great year he had an ok year because the only other receiving options were Reggie Williams (out of football) and, um... Dennis Northcutt? He's not fast. He's slow. If you've ever seen him run on a football field you'd know that. He has no interest in playing football or improving in any way. He does not want to go over the middle. He does not want to use two hands to catch a ball because that would leave his body exposed. He does not want silly rules to get in the way of his fun.
TheSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,914
Reputation: 693643
Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
Ummm no,

#1 Vick sucked, currently sucks, always will suck. He was nothing more then an ESPN media hype job.

#2. Adam Jones had one decent year, just like Matt Jones, then went on to commit one violent crime after another, and the only reason he is out of the league right now is because he ummmm SUCKS.

#3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.
1) Vick won lots of games, and really only had minor issues before the dog fighting.

2) Pac Man had lockdown potential, and actually flashed it

3) Wasn't Calvin Johnson 239 like Jones was at the combine, and didn't he run a faster 40? Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 at like 260.

Also, Matt Jones having "all the talent in the world" is a sham. He's really tall, and really fast in a straight line,that's not all the talent in the world, it's a piece to the puzzle, and his stiff hips, lack of receiver skills, and coke habit make his other attributes pretty useless.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 05:49 PM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37
Reputation: 389
SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Dude, please, remember when the media propaganda was to blame the passing woes on the Falcons on their "terrible" receivers. Gee, what happened when Matt Ryan got there hmmm? They looked pretty good to me. Roddy White became a Pro bowl receiver. The problem was Vick sucked, they won a lot of games despite him, not because of him. As far as Jones/Johnson 40 time comparison. Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239lbs and Jones ran 4.37 @ 242lbs, on a slower track. Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 @ 253lbs, but again, on a faster track. Jones needs a chance, if he gets that, I think he could put up huge numbers.
SnowPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
TheSlinger
Rookie
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 274
Reputation: 15430
TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheSlinger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Jones can't put up huge numbers because he doesn't want to.
TheSlinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: LakerLand
Posts: 13,130
Reputation: 628697
yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
Dude, please, remember when the media propaganda was to blame the passing woes on the Falcons on their "terrible" receivers. Gee, what happened when Matt Ryan got there hmmm? They looked pretty good to me. Roddy White became a Pro bowl receiver. The problem was Vick sucked, they won a lot of games despite him, not because of him. As far as Jones/Johnson 40 time comparison. Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239lbs and Jones ran 4.37 @ 242lbs, on a slower track. Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 @ 253lbs, but again, on a faster track. Jones needs a chance, if he gets that, I think he could put up huge numbers.
I love this argument.

So Chris Redman is a better quarterback than Mike Vick? Roddy White had his his breakout year and first 1000 yard season with Byron Leftwich and Chris Redman throwing him the football.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,474
Reputation: 285355
ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
Ummm no,

#1 Vick sucked, currently sucks, always will suck. He was nothing more then an ESPN media hype job.

#2. Adam Jones had one decent year, just like Matt Jones, then went on to commit one violent crime after another, and the only reason he is out of the league right now is because he ummmm SUCKS.

#3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.
Pacman Jones was not considered a bust when he was actually on the field, even as a Top 10 pick, Matt Jones certainly was. Jones wasn't a terrible player, but for a player drafted in the first round, he was a disappointment. Who cares how fast he was at 242 pounds. He's down at 218 and isn't any faster. Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239, and he's definitely a bit faster on the field. Jones never was able to become a natural receiver though struggling through sometimes shaky route running, inconsistent hands and focus, and was plagued largely by sheer mediocrity.

Also, nhlkdog, Pro Day times are very often used. Michael Mitchell didn't get drafted in the second round for the 40 he ran at the Combine, but the performance he put on in Athens at last year's Pro Day. Often times players will train harder specifically on the 40 yard dash for their Pro Day, motivated by the need to either improve their time, or simply only really try once. I've said before that 40 yard dashes (and most Combine-type numbers) are like the SAT, you only really keep the highest grade. If you're not too big on the draft process, I must inform you that Pro Day's are important and often close to, equal to, or of greater importance than college all-star weeks or the NFL Combine. As long as you know the weather/field conditions and the surface performed on, Pro Day numbers can easily be used.
__________________

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 537
Reputation: 1312
nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Pacman Jones was not considered a bust when he was actually on the field, even as a Top 10 pick, Matt Jones certainly was. Jones wasn't a terrible player, but for a player drafted in the first round, he was a disappointment. Who cares how fast he was at 242 pounds. He's down at 218 and isn't any faster. Calvin Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239, and he's definitely a bit faster on the field. Jones never was able to become a natural receiver though struggling through sometimes shaky route running, inconsistent hands and focus, and was plagued largely by sheer mediocrity.

Also, nhlkdog, Pro Day times are very often used. Michael Mitchell didn't get drafted in the second round for the 40 he ran at the Combine, but the performance he put on in Athens at last year's Pro Day. Often times players will train harder specifically on the 40 yard dash for their Pro Day, motivated by the need to either improve their time, or simply only really try once. I've said before that 40 yard dashes (and most Combine-type numbers) are like the SAT, you only really keep the highest grade. If you're not too big on the draft process, I must inform you that Pro Day's are important and often close to, equal to, or of greater importance than college all-star weeks or the NFL Combine. As long as you know the weather/field conditions and the surface performed on, Pro Day numbers can easily be used.
The reason Pro Day times are stupid is that most are hand timed and most are on fast (or in some cases even sloped) surfaces..the combine is an even playing field and thus the ONLY good way to compare 40 times...unless your hurt or not there your Pro Day time shouldn't really be a factor relative to your combine time.
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:28 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,474
Reputation: 285355
ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
The reason Pro Day times are stupid is that most are hand timed and most are on fast (or in some cases even sloped) surfaces..the combine is an even playing field and thus the ONLY good way to compare 40 times...unless your hurt or not there your Pro Day time shouldn't really be a factor relative to your combine time.
Well that's not true and history backs me up there. Pro Day times can be very significant, and what players do there is often more stock influencing than their post-season all-star game or the NFL Combine. Michael Mitchell went from an Undrafted Free Agent prospect to a Second Round pick based on hand timed, first-hand evaluation, at Ohio University's Pro Day, one that I was lucky enough to attend myself.

Pro Day times can be very legitimate... if they are run on fast surfaces, you factor that in. If they are ran on a slope or with a 15 mph wind at their back, it's factored in when looking at the relevant numbers. "Beanie" Wells in all reality ran an electronically timed 4.34 at his pro day. Now, we know Ohio State's surface is fast, so it's appropriate to add .1 seconds despite the fact that teammate Brian Robiskie ran even faster at the Combine than in Columbus. Wells' 40 time, accurately, was 4.44-4.47, certainly not the 4.59 he ran in Indianapolis.. saying otherwise would be hilariously juvenile, biased, and well, flat out incorrect.

Many prospects have ran a crappy Combine time, but bounced back, prepared differently and ran better at their Pro Day. Their stock certainly is aided if that's the case, so you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone here that Pro Day times are irrelevant (especially to the NFL.) I know you'd change your tune if Toby ran a 4.61 at the Combine, then a 4.48 at his Pro Day.
__________________

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 537
Reputation: 1312
nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Well that's not true and history backs me up there. Pro Day times can be very significant, and what players do there is often more stock influencing than their post-season all-star game or the NFL Combine. Michael Mitchell went from an Undrafted Free Agent prospect to a Second Round pick based on hand timed, first-hand evaluation, at Ohio University's Pro Day, one that I was lucky enough to attend myself.

Pro Day times can be very legitimate... if they are run on fast surfaces, you factor that in. If they are ran on a slope or with a 15 mph wind at their back, it's factored in when looking at the relevant numbers. "Beanie" Wells in all reality ran an electronically timed 4.34 at his pro day. Now, we know Ohio State's surface is fast, so it's appropriate to add .1 seconds despite the fact that teammate Brian Robiskie ran even faster at the Combine than in Columbus. Wells' 40 time, accurately, was 4.44-4.47, certainly not the 4.59 he ran in Indianapolis.. saying otherwise would be hilariously juvenile, biased, and well, flat out incorrect.

Many prospects have ran a crappy Combine time, but bounced back, prepared differently and ran better at their Pro Day. Their stock certainly is aided if that's the case, so you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone here that Pro Day times are irrelevant (especially to the NFL.) I know you'd change your tune if Toby ran a 4.61 at the Combine, then a 4.48 at his Pro Day.
This is the whole reason they're unreliable, we can't just arbitrarily make a factor for the speed of a track. I'm not saying the times are useless or that scouts don't use them I'm saying they should be taken with more of a grain of salt than people take them...if you run an electronic 4.47 at the combine and run a 4.29 a couple weeks later at your Pro Day there's no real good reason to take the Pro Day time over the combine time when the combine time has a level playing field for comparisons sake. As to the second part I highlighted that's total BS, just because I have a different opinion of the guy than you doesn't mean I'm going to be a total hypocrite about this if he does better at his Pro Day. There's just way too much variance in Pro Day times due to most being hand timed and the surface issues. ****, me and my roommate were both hand timed running sub 4.0 20 yard shuttle times by our schools athletic trainer but that doesn't mean I think that I'm ACTUALLY capable of doing it as fast Kevin Barnes did it last year when he was electronically timed. I was hand time and I have NO clue how my surface compares which is exactly my point about why the combine SHOULD be used if the player was healthy and attended: every player had the same time to prepare (basically), the same surface, the same clock, the same weather...its the PERFECT place to compare their times vs. comparing times from all sorts of different scenarios and conditions.
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,474
Reputation: 285355
ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
This is the whole reason they're unreliable, we can't just arbitrarily make a factor for the speed of a track. I'm not saying the times are useless or that scouts don't use them I'm saying they should be taken with more of a grain of salt than people take them...if you run an electronic 4.47 at the combine and run a 4.29 a couple weeks later at your Pro Day there's no real good reason to take the Pro Day time over the combine time when the combine time has a level playing field for comparisons sake. As to the second part I highlighted that's total BS, just because I have a different opinion of the guy than you doesn't mean I'm going to be a total hypocrite about this if he does better at his Pro Day. There's just way too much variance in Pro Day times due to most being hand timed and the surface issues. ****, me and my roommate were both hand timed running sub 4.0 20 yard shuttle times by our schools athletic trainer but that doesn't mean I think that I'm ACTUALLY capable of doing it as fast Kevin Barnes did it last year when he was electronically timed. I was hand time and I have NO clue how my surface compares which is exactly my point about why the combine SHOULD be used if the player was healthy and attended: every player had the same time to prepare (basically), the same surface, the same clock, the same weather...its the PERFECT place to compare their times vs. comparing times from all sorts of different scenarios and conditions.
Due to different agents, physical skill-sets, priorities, health, and longer term plans it's foolish to assume all players prepare the same way and are on the same playing field at the NFL Combine. Hell, look at the players like Andre Smith that don't work out, the players that only run and lift, the players that only run through drills/interviews. There are so many different degrees of preparation, physical health, and emphasis that it's tough to take the Combine as the same stage for everyone. The Combine will certainly have different meaning to different players, and the same can be said with Pro Days.

Pro Day numbers must come with an asterisk, but there are most definitely ways to compare a player's performance from Akron's Pro Day to a player's performance in Knoxville, Tennessee for example. As I said, to analyze a Pro Day's numbers you must know the context in which they should be taken. Weather conditions and Surface conditions are no brainers in terms of taking these numbers to mind. Luckily, it's not too difficult to get this information as it's pretty much a given that it is a factor. NFL scouts, coaches, and decision makers pay attention to Pro Days, and so should we.
__________________

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:01 AM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dodge City
Posts: 7,620
Reputation: 1199061
FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
I never said their aren't players who have drug problems. The NFL does try and help these player, by keeping them in the substance abuse program. But if the slip up they are obviously gonna be on their way out.
It's one thing to be identified by the league for having a substance abuse problem, it's quite another when you're arrested by local law enforcement.

And besides, Matt Jones never really produced on the field and was always considered a project at the position.
He seems to not have a lot of 'try hard' in his game, IMO.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37
Reputation: 389
SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

He never producted because he had terrible QB's throwing him the ball, put him on the Bears and, in my opinion, would be a great receiver. Not saying that as a fact, but with his UNPARRELLED athletic ability, should get that chance next year.
SnowPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:34 AM    (permalink
SnowPatrol
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 37
Reputation: 389
SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SnowPatrol hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePudge View Post
Well that's not true and history backs me up there. Pro Day times can be very significant, and what players do there is often more stock influencing than their post-season all-star game or the NFL Combine. Michael Mitchell went from an Undrafted Free Agent prospect to a Second Round pick based on hand timed, first-hand evaluation, at Ohio University's Pro Day, one that I was lucky enough to attend myself.

Pro Day times can be very legitimate... if they are run on fast surfaces, you factor that in. If they are ran on a slope or with a 15 mph wind at their back, it's factored in when looking at the relevant numbers. "Beanie" Wells in all reality ran an electronically timed 4.34 at his pro day. Now, we know Ohio State's surface is fast, so it's appropriate to add .1 seconds despite the fact that teammate Brian Robiskie ran even faster at the Combine than in Columbus. Wells' 40 time, accurately, was 4.44-4.47, certainly not the 4.59 he ran in Indianapolis.. saying otherwise would be hilariously juvenile, biased, and well, flat out incorrect.

Many prospects have ran a crappy Combine time, but bounced back, prepared differently and ran better at their Pro Day. Their stock certainly is aided if that's the case, so you're going to have a hard time convincing anyone here that Pro Day times are irrelevant (especially to the NFL.) I know you'd change your tune if Toby ran a 4.61 at the Combine, then a 4.48 at his Pro Day.
Dude, please stop with the Chris Wells has blazing speed mantra, the guy timed 4.59 at the combine. End of Story. By the way, Anthony Gonzalez ran A 4.29 40 as a Junior at OSU's pro day, then ran a 4.44 at the combine, how come your not on Gonzalez's jock like your on Wells?
SnowPatrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
stephenson86
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Manchester, UK
Posts: 7,858
Reputation: 246025
stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stephenson86 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

i think he has some good tools, he wont light it up right away if ever but he has potential to have a good long career...nothing spectacular but i doubt he bombs
stephenson86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 4,474
Reputation: 285355
ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
He never producted because he had terrible QB's throwing him the ball, put him on the Bears and, in my opinion, would be a great receiver. Not saying that as a fact, but with his UNPARRELLED athletic ability, should get that chance next year.
Mike Sims-Walker did ok.

I love Gonzo, when he's healthy he could easily be one of my favorite slot receivers in the NFL, alongside guys like Wes Welker (make you happy?). You haven't been here too long.... and you know me talking about Wells' speed (mainly in comparison to your boy Gerhart's.)

You're getting banned again, and it's right around the corner. You did surprisingly well hiding your ignorance and identity for the first day or so, but by the second-third day there is no mistaking that you're getting banned again. You're not welcome here with those ignorant, biased, and racist "opinions"... you're bringing unneeded conflict here, and infringing on valid discussion. We accept difference of opinion here, but when such ignorance becomes such a huge factor, you're going to get bashed and you're going to get banned (3-4 times).

Let's see how many more posts you can get until they ban you.
__________________

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:54 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 11,254
Reputation: 496749
YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I wonder if Snow Patrol likes any black players?...........

..............people? .............licorice?
__________________


YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
murdamal86
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Posts: 986
Reputation: 2800
murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.murdamal86 could make a wolverine purr.
Default

Anyway that we can get back on topic?
murdamal86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 9,156
Reputation: 2098837
prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
Dude, please, remember when the media propaganda was to blame the passing woes on the Falcons on their "terrible" receivers. Gee, what happened when Matt Ryan got there hmmm? They looked pretty good to me. Roddy White became a Pro bowl receiver. The problem was Vick sucked, they won a lot of games despite him, not because of him. As far as Jones/Johnson 40 time comparison. Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239lbs and Jones ran 4.37 @ 242lbs, on a slower track. Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 @ 253lbs, but again, on a faster track. Jones needs a chance, if he gets that, I think he could put up huge numbers.
when it comes to michael vick, the passing numbers dont tell the whole tale. he changed games with his running ability. when you are a better runner than some running backs, you make a major impact on the team that cannot be measured by passing numbers. watch the games, dont just read stats.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 21,865
Reputation: 3142226
Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by murdamal86 View Post
Anyway that we can get back on topic?
You guys want Coop there for the Shaguars? you could just draft all Gator players: Haden, Tebow, Spikes, Cooper, Hernandez..............
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: The land of three rings and a half
Posts: 5,617
Reputation: 28718
RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
You guys want Coop there for the Shaguars? you could just draft all Gator players: Haden, Tebow, Spikes, Cooper, Hernandez..............
I'd rather have them draft USC/UCLA players.

See what I did there?
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,839
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
Ummm no,

#1 Vick sucked, currently sucks, always will suck. He was nothing more then an ESPN media hype job.
So all those games he won, the QB rushing record, the decent but not great passing stats were all planted by ESPN?

Quote:
#2. Adam Jones had one decent year, just like Matt Jones, then went on to commit one violent crime after another, and the only reason he is out of the league right now is because he ummmm SUCKS.
Pacman had a very good year in his second season as a pro. When you do that, it's a good sign.

Quote:
#3 Matt Jones had a great year, was really coming on, the light went on, and then, he made a DUMB mistake, and now is blacklisted. I just find it hard to believe that the NFL's fastest man IN THE HISTORY OF THE LEAGUE (this is not my opinion, its a fact based on his 4.37 combine time in the 40 yard dash)over 240lbs is not wanted on any NFL team unless that directive is sent from the top.
Matt Jones' best year was slightly above mediocre. And I don't give a hell about track speed, Matt Jones never once actually used that speed to his advantage. GTFO Steve.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,839
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowPatrol View Post
Dude, please, remember when the media propaganda was to blame the passing woes on the Falcons on their "terrible" receivers. Gee, what happened when Matt Ryan got there hmmm? They looked pretty good to me. Roddy White became a Pro bowl receiver. The problem was Vick sucked, they won a lot of games despite him, not because of him. As far as Jones/Johnson 40 time comparison. Johnson ran a 4.35 at 239lbs and Jones ran 4.37 @ 242lbs, on a slower track. Vernon Davis ran a 4.38 @ 253lbs, but again, on a faster track. Jones needs a chance, if he gets that, I think he could put up huge numbers.
Won despite Vick, just like that year when he got hurt and the team went 2-10, until he came back and went 3-1 as a starter....

I'm sure you'll reply to that one when you come back again, Steve.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Ryden
Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 14
Reputation: 707
Ryden is a cocksman.Ryden is a cocksman.Ryden is a cocksman.
Default

Well I don't think there is any doubt that Vick was holding back his receivers, once Ryan came in they really played well.
Ryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:45 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.