Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 01-07-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
4.3s wouldnt shock me. He ran it in highschool. He ran by a lot of SEC corners that had a lot of speedzzzzz.
As Maryland's offensive coordinator put it, "Theres about 50 guys who run '4.3' 40's out of HS, but then only about 15 guys run a 4.3 at the NFL combine."
Im not saying he wont run it, but its something worth thinking about when people talk about HS players running 4.3s. Although cooper running 4.3 wouldnt be a huge suprise.

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neko4 View Post
As Maryland's offensive coordinator put it, "Theres about 50 guys who run '4.3' 40's out of HS, but then only about 15 guys run a 4.3 at the NFL combine."
Im not saying he wont run it, but its something worth thinking about when people talk about HS players running 4.3s. Although cooper running 4.3 wouldnt be a huge suprise.
I'll agree with your premise there but i would argue there are 50 guys that run 4.3 out of hs, i think that is a gross exagertation. Cooper's speed in the SEC speaks for itself he doesnt need the combine to validate that.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll agree with your premise there but i would argue there are 50 guys that run 4.3 out of hs, i think that is a gross exagertation. Cooper's speed in the SEC speaks for itself he doesnt need the combine to validate that.
Yes he does. He's a raw player. Productive, but not ultra productive. Measurables are going to be a big deal for him, as they are with most one year starters.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Vanguard626
Rookie

Vanguard626 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Very impressive Sugar Bowl, is the total prototype as far as size/speed go. I'm very interested to see how he stacks up against the top corner's in the one on one's in the Senior Bowl. This guy could sky-rocket with a sub 4.4 at the combine.
Vanguard626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Byrd430
Veteran

Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Byrd430 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a bit of a homer, but I love this guy. A run-first team would probably be the best fit for him. He blocks well and has the size and speed to get open. A downfield threat who can contribute to the run game. He has to be a very valuable weapon in the middle rounds. Yes, he's raw, but he hasn't shown many mistakes, was Florida's only downfield threat, has size, has speed, has decent hands. He's definitely worth the middle round pick.

Thanks BoneKrusher! The Sig King!
Byrd430 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Ryden
Rookie

Ryden is a cocksman.Ryden is a cocksman.Ryden is a cocksman.

I thought he was kinda skinny, but when I saw him in the Sugar Bowl, he was jacked! If this guy runs what some of his fans think he will run, DHB anyone...stranger things have happened.
Ryden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

He's fast:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRGKG_kQggY
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryden View Post
I thought he was kinda skinny, but when I saw him in the Sugar Bowl, he was jacked! If this guy runs what some of his fans think he will run, DHB anyone...stranger things have happened.
DHB's story doesnt help Cooper because he was pretty bad this year (thank JR for some of that). It would be like saying Matt Jones came in and made himself a 1st round pick becasue of a great combine, how did that work out?
Old 01-08-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Ryden
Rookie

Quote:
DHB's story doesnt help Cooper because he was pretty bad this year (thank JR for some of that). It would be like saying Matt Jones came in and made himself a 1st round pick becasue of a great combine, how did that work out?
Yea, but Matt Jones had the deck stacked against him in Jacksonville, bad QB play and all,I really think things would have turned out differently for him had he ended up with a team with a good QB that can throw the deep ball. As far as Cooper, he could pull a Jordy Nelson, who with a great Senior Bowl and good 40 time (4.49) ended up getting drafted in the early 2nd. Very similar prospects in size and speed, but cooper is faster, but i don't think as skilled as Nelson as a receiver. But who knows, lets see what happens.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:28 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanguard626 View Post
Very impressive Sugar Bowl, is the total prototype as far as size/speed go. I'm very interested to see how he stacks up against the top corner's in the one on one's in the Senior Bowl. This guy could sky-rocket with a sub 4.4 at the combine.
I called him being the next JORDYZZZZZ right after the Lord himself was drafted.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yea, but Matt Jones had the deck stacked against him in Jacksonville, bad QB play and all,I really think things would have turned out differently for him had he ended up with a team with a good QB that can throw the deep ball. As far as Cooper, he could pull a Jordy Nelson, who with a great Senior Bowl and good 40 time (4.49) ended up getting drafted in the early 2nd. Very similar prospects in size and speed, but cooper is faster, but i don't think as skilled as Nelson as a receiver. But who knows, lets see what happens.
Poppycock. The only pattens he could ever learn to run were deep outs and curls. He was pretty much uselss beyond that. He had no explosion, no quickness, stiff hips, rose up out of his breaks...I could go on and on. He was absolutely terrible and would have been terrible no matter where he went.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Ryden
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Poppycock. The only pattens he could ever learn to run were deep outs and curls. He was pretty much uselss beyond that. He had no explosion, no quickness, stiff hips, rose up out of his breaks...I could go on and on. He was absolutely terrible and would have been terrible no matter where he went.
Could not POSSIBLY disagree with you more, he has shown more then enough flashes in his 4 years in the league, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:50 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Could not POSSIBLY disagree with you more, he has shown more then enough flashes in his 4 years in the league, but everyone is entitled to their opinion.
He showed flashes, yes. They were just too far and few in between.

I like to describe Matt Jones as a picture frame receiver. He was pretty good at working along the sidelines and going up and grabbing jump balls. It took him forever to even become competent at doing these things - Lord knows if he ever would have learned to catch with two hands consistenly, go over the middle, take a hit, or even not rise up out of his breaks. His own lack of effort is what ultimately led to his failures, and he has nobody to blame but himself.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:02 PM    (permalink
SUP
Rookie

SUP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.SUP hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Cooper will be an asset to a team in the league
SUP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:21 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
I called him being the next JORDYZZZZZ right after the Lord himself was drafted.
Even ahead ot Deckerzzzz and Shipleyzzzz? you are good.
Old 08-11-2013, 10:43 PM    (permalink
J-Mike88
All-Pro

J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.J-Mike88 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He showed flashes, yes. They were just too far and few in between.

I like to describe Matt Jones as a picture frame receiver. He was pretty good at working along the sidelines and going up and grabbing jump balls. It took him forever to even become competent at doing these things - Lord knows if he ever would have learned to catch with two hands consistenly, go over the middle, take a hit, or even not rise up out of his breaks. His own lack of effort is what ultimately led to his failures, and he has nobody to blame but himself.
Where's this poster been?

Here's an interesting take on Riley Cooper's "incident".

J-Mike88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The guy says people are too sensitive, yet he seems to be throwing a bit of a fit about people's reaction to the Riley Cooper incident. Maybe he should take his own advice.