Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-03-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
infinite. no new collective bargaining agreement. young free agents will be harder to come by though so unless we trade we're pretty much going to be stuck with our roster, current free agents, and draft. sounds like they are building a new agreement though and hopefully they'll have that rookie salary cap in there. it would help us out more than most teams.
considering we draft top 5 annually, I agree.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 08:19 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i doubt we have a chance but i wonder if ford would open his wallet for peppers. i dont think he will resign with carolina and it would cost them about 20 mil to franchise him again
Old 01-03-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Maybe not Peppers b/c of the big $$, but maybe another Boilermaker across from Avril like Ray Edwards? Doubtful he leaves Minnesota, but enough $$ might sway him ... pretty sure he is a FA at the end of the season.

McBride, Hunter & White are all back ups imo. Watching their combined ineptitude today cemented my belief there ;o) Avril is a good situational DE but we lack play makers at this position in a major way! Griffen/Hardy/Graham/JPP/Hughes all might be solid options if there @ pick 34?
Old 01-03-2010, 09:24 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit4life View Post
i doubt we have a chance but i wonder if ford would open his wallet for peppers. i dont think he will resign with carolina and it would cost them about 20 mil to franchise him again
Even if he did, would peppers come here? Its going to be a while before we draw attrative free agents...think about the Tigers during their 90s, early 00s drought. Only reason we got pudge and maggs is because we took a chance on those guys. i think with the Lions its going to be the same.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell Owens, Kyle Vandon Bosch, and Aaron Kampman are some names I'd throw out there

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

im not sure the coaches will want to put calvin and stafford in a position to have to deal with TO so i'd give up on that one IMO.
Old 01-03-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

TO played on a pretty bad Buffalo team and didn't cause any problems. Calvin seems pretty mature and I really don't think he'd have any negative affect on him. He'd probably come on a year deal and we wouldn't have to spend a draft pick on a WR. I'd sign him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-03-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

but this would be the first time where T.O. wasnt the number 1 option. and if things blow up it would tear apart our team with a 2nd year QB, TE and CJ being relatively young as well.
Old 01-04-2010, 01:25 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
but this would be the first time where T.O. wasnt the number 1 option. and if things blow up it would tear apart our team with a 2nd year QB, TE and CJ being relatively young as well.
I'm not sure if not being the #1 option would bother him that much in this point of his career. Its a bit of a risk but we are so devoid of talent that I'd look into. Plus he'd come on a one year deal most likely, so you can cut him and it won't be a big deal. Personally I think he'd like to come play for a QB like Stafford plus he would get open with CJ on the field.

CJ, Pettigrew, Kevin Smith, Aaron Brown, and TO on the field for one play?? I think that sounds pretty sick.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2010, 04:07 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Terrell Owens, Kyle Vandon Bosch, and Aaron Kampman are some names I'd throw out there
I'd like Vanden Bosch... pretty sure Owens and Kampman won't play for the Lions.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 06:14 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

All the Detroit radio guys want to sign TO this morning...SWDC lurkers??? lol

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 01-04-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eugene Amano would be a good free agent pickup. LG for the Titans, good run blocker since CJ got 2,000. He was drafted in 2004 so he has 6 accrued seasons and will be a free agent. Plus the Schwartz connection with the Titans. I know Loper was an uber fail but he was a backup to begin with on the Titans. Amano is a legit starter. Logan Mankins and Evans won't be free agents since they don't have enough seasons.

I would love Kampman too but thats a pipe dream. VanDenBosch eh, he's old and not the same since Haynesworth left. He would be an upgrade over White(who is gone) and Hunter for sure though.

And any decent corner will do just as long as William James does not start ever again.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Eugene Amano would be a good free agent pickup. LG for the Titans, good run blocker since CJ got 2,000. He was drafted in 2004 so he has 6 accrued seasons and will be a free agent. Plus the Schwartz connection with the Titans. I know Loper was an uber fail but he was a backup to begin with on the Titans. Amano is a legit starter. Logan Mankins and Evans won't be free agents since they don't have enough seasons.

I would love Kampman too but thats a pipe dream. VanDenBosch eh, he's old and not the same since Haynesworth left. He would be an upgrade over White(who is gone) and Hunter for sure though.

And any decent corner will do just as long as William James does not start ever again.
James is still the best CB we have. He probably will start since it's unrealistic to expect finding 2 new starters at corner.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
James is still the best CB we have. He probably will start since it's unrealistic to expect finding 2 new starters at corner.
I still think Buchanon is the best we have. Buchanon wasn't picked on as much and I think there is a reason for that. It seems it was usually James/Marvin White getting beat especially for big plays. May just be the safety on that side that they picked on James but James has no speed which causes big problems and why he lines up way off the receiver. Which makes him susceptible to getting beat underneath too. Buchanon has speed and better ball skills IMO. Plus Buchanon is signed for another year,James is not.

Will be interesting too with Eric King back. I think the starters will be Buchanon,hopefully a decent FA corner or good rookie corner and then Eric King in the nickel. Maybe they bring James back to compete but I really don't want to see him starting next year for sure.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see where Scott Wright is saying that McCoy might be a better DT than Suh. Just goes to show how hype can convince fans that a player is special.
Old 01-04-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Edwards will be a RFA as things stand, so he won't be coming.

T.O. would be interesting for sure. Definitely high risk, high reward, but it would make for a sick WR combo...

Kampman would look so goooood as a Lion! He can go back to playing with a hand in the dirt all the time and would INSTANTLY improve our pass rush. Kampman and Suh/McCoy joining the D-line would be awesome.

No thanks to Peppers...

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Could you guys imagine how different our roster would have been had we selected Andre Johnson, instead of Charles Rogers? I only ask this because our team would be different along with the fact that I want Johnson so much more than Rogers at the time.

Yes, I know you could say that with a number of picks, but I actually felt at that time if we wanted a WR we actually took the worse one of the two.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Could you guys imagine how different our roster would have been had we selected Andre Johnson, instead of Charles Rogers? I only ask this because our team would be different along with the fact that I want Johnson so much more than Rogers at the time.

Yes, I know you could say that with a number of picks, but I actually felt at that time if we wanted a WR we actually took the worse one of the two.
Well, we'd have Joe Thomas or AD instead of Calvin . . . that'd be one big difference.
Old 01-04-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

probably Derrick Johnson or Merriman instead of drafting Mike williams
Old 01-04-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Or DeMarcus Ware ... take your pick.
Old 01-04-2010, 10:44 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

http://blog.mlive.com/its-just-sport...the_lions.html
Old 01-04-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

i mean yeah id love to be able to sign breaston mcniel rogers spears and sharper....
Old 01-04-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then prob someone instead of Ernie Sims. I would be a vastly different team.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:10 AM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could do without Sharper. He had an amazing year, but unless we got him dirt cheap then I'll pass.

I was surprised that Kampman wasn't on the list.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:18 AM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

I would like to get Vanden Bosch.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote