Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-05-2010, 02:32 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
I could do without Sharper. He had an amazing year, but unless we got him dirt cheap then I'll pass.

I was surprised that Kampman wasn't on the list.
i agree with sharper but he is a great playmaker and he seems to always kill us when we play him (but i guess who doesnt....)
Old 01-05-2010, 02:59 AM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
I still think Buchanon is the best we have. Buchanon wasn't picked on as much and I think there is a reason for that. It seems it was usually James/Marvin White getting beat especially for big plays. May just be the safety on that side that they picked on James but James has no speed which causes big problems and why he lines up way off the receiver. Which makes him susceptible to getting beat underneath too. Buchanon has speed and better ball skills IMO. Plus Buchanon is signed for another year,James is not.

Will be interesting too with Eric King back. I think the starters will be Buchanon,hopefully a decent FA corner or good rookie corner and then Eric King in the nickel. Maybe they bring James back to compete but I really don't want to see him starting next year for sure.

Well as Lions fans we usually don't get to watch our home games, so we don't always know how certain guys played but James was definitely our best CB all year from what I saw. Buchanon got benched like 5 times throughout the season. I doubt Buchanon is back next year. Henry is for sure gone.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 05:26 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...yndication=rss

Caught this on rotoworld but Nate Burleson is set to become a free agent after the Super Bowl. He had a good year and is definitely the type of guy I'd like to bring in.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:02 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if we get avant and breaston then we might as well pick up mike hart. and no way is sharper ever walking from the saints.

Prowler's Newb Guide

Last edited by Prowler : 01-05-2010 at 08:06 AM.
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who is our back up QB next year?
Culpepper is gone. Interesting side note (to me at least), C Pep has had his family in Florida for weeks and is selling/sold his Northville, Mi house (I know the teacher of his daughter who taught her for 1/2 the year)
Stanton sounds like he is leaning toward being gone too. I feel some team will scoop him up as their #2 project, probalby not Detroit or he would have started Chicago week.

So who does that leave .. Pat Ramsey? (yikes!)
(don't laugh) but Rex Grossman might make sense as Stafford's back up in 2010. Plenty of experience (even in the SB) knows the division opponents, would come fairly cheap ... I know he is sort of a punch line but thoughts anyone?
Old 01-05-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
Well as Lions fans we usually don't get to watch our home games, so we don't always know how certain guys played but James was definitely our best CB all year from what I saw. Buchanon got benched like 5 times throughout the season. I doubt Buchanon is back next year. Henry is for sure gone.

Buchanon got benched once and got hurt twice. James is terrible and is the one that gets picked on constantly. Play actions destroy him. I watch all the games twice with local bar/game rewind, live in DC not Michigan.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eric King, Jack Williams, Chris Roberson, Dexter Wynn, Marquand Manuel & Lewis Bullocks should be back from the IR in 2010 ... any of THESE DB's worth retaining?

We just acquired Jonathan Hefney from the CFL this week ... strange timing?

We are going to have to use some of these busters, the draft can only fill so many holes.
Old 01-05-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
Eric King, Jack Williams, Chris Roberson, Dexter Wynn, Marquand Manuel & Lewis Bullocks should be back from the IR in 2010 ... any of THESE DB's worth retaining?

We just acquired Jonathan Hefney from the CFL this week ... strange timing?

We are going to have to use some of these busters, the draft can only fill so many holes.
He can help the team out, he can hand out drinks while they watch the playoffs and superbowl together on tv.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i actually have hefney as my backup free safety in madden. he is rated horrible but has good speed.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-05-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hefney was a CFL all-star in his rookie season for whatever that's worth.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
Hefney was a CFL all-star in his rookie season for whatever that's worth.
haha probably not too much...
Old 01-05-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Cameron Wake isn't laughing.

Hefney is a former All-SEC DB.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2010/01/lions_re-sign_dan_gronkowski_t.html?utm_source=feedburner&u tm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+detroit-lions+%28Detroit+Lions+-+MLive.com%29

Quote:
The Detroit Lions signed nine free agents today, including former seventh-round pick Dan Gronkowski, a tight end, and defensive tackle Terrence Taylor of Michigan.

Gronkowski was a rookie this season and was active for two games but finished the season on the practice squad.

The Lions also signed cornerback Jahi Word-Daniels, guard Kurt Quarterman, defensive end Robert Henderson, receivers Michael Ray Garvin and Kole Heckendorf and defensive backs Jonathan Hefney and Paul Pratt.
Old 01-05-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

wonder if they actually have a plan for taylor. I liked him coming outa michigan but he is pretty short for a DT
Old 01-06-2010, 05:51 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell are we signing all these guys now? Did someone forget to tell the FO that we're not going to the playoffs?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 01-06-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

gronkowski could stick but everyone else is just here to compete in training camp and give the coaches somebody to cut in spring

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-09-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maybe Next Year Millen2 View Post
Buchanon got benched once and got hurt twice. James is terrible and is the one that gets picked on constantly. Play actions destroy him. I watch all the games twice with local bar/game rewind, live in DC not Michigan.
Buchanon did play better the last few games but Schwartz has even said publicly that James was the Leo's best CB all season. Also, the blame you place on James for giving up bigs plays on play action probably were actually because of mistakes made by the SS not giving James help over the top.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

Quote:
Buchanon did play better the last few games but Schwartz has even said publicly that James was the Leo's best CB all season. Also, the blame you place on James for giving up bigs plays on play action probably were actually because of mistakes made by the SS not giving James help over the top.
You could also blame the lack of pass rush as well ;o)
Old 01-17-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ory?id=4833908
Wow, Chicago Bears DE Gaines Adams died Sunday of apparent cardiac arrest... that is sad. A life cut short at age 26 with a suspected clean bill of health. Man, I pray for his family.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ray Edwards is a beast, I would through some money at that guy this off season.
Old 01-17-2010, 03:18 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post
Ray Edwards is a beast, I would through some money at that guy this off season.
RFA as it stands right now though...I wouldn't want to part with draft picks to get him. If a new CBA is reached, that would be a different story.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2010, 04:24 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/nf...ory?id=4833908
Wow, Chicago Bears DE Gaines Adams died Sunday of apparent cardiac arrest... that is sad. A life cut short at age 26 with a suspected clean bill of health. Man, I pray for his family.
this isn't the greatest thing for me to say but i doubt anybody on here is related to him so, that was one horrible trade for chicago.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 01-17-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

Def should go after big Ray if he becomes unrestricted....Mayhew probably already has the offer drawn up....cmon Ray! were building somethin' good here!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by cotts1 : 01-17-2010 at 09:59 PM.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Def should go after big Ray if he becomes unrestricted....Mayhew probably already has the offer drawn up....cmon Ray! were building somethin' good here!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I doubt ray will be free to go... honestly stop wishing for free agents to come here. They won't.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 01-18-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
I doubt ray will be free to go... honestly stop wishing for free agents to come here. They won't.
We have 50 million in cap space, we have money to offer, which is what most FA's are interested in......good to see your such an optimist.....