Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-07-2010, 04:00 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we dominate this game. I don't think it's even close. If Garrett can get the bus rolling we are a very difficult team to face. If we go into the half with a 2 score lead...Wade applies some pressure and the game gets easy. The key to this game is the early lead...and I don't think we have any problems getting it going. Go up quick and watch MN get scared with the way we handle the Eagles. I'll be ready to eat crow...but this is a blow out.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Haha when did I say the Eagles were sleeping?

This is a new season and come Saturday night last week and the entire season to date means nothing.
I agree. I still have a ton of respect for the Eagles.

However, there are a couple of matchups that strongly favor the Cowboys and would like to get your take on them.

1. It seemed that the Cowboys DBs really got physical with Maclin and Jackson. It seemed to really get them off their game evidenced by that play later in the game where Maclin went deep and he could not take his eyes off the safety coming over. They are both smallish and I'm wondering how the Eagles try to compensate for this.

2. Eagles OL - Really have problems with teh Cowboys front and this doesn't appear to be a 'scheme' thing. When Dallas went nickle, it appeared that all the matchups along the front favored Dallas - Ware, Spencer, Ratliff and even Bowen was giving them fits.

3. Philly has no answer for Witten. Philly's LBers are as weak as I have ever seen them and while Mikael is a decent safety, JOnes has played below average, IMO.

Now, to flip things around, Philly's front 4 is good and I don't think Dallas will have as easy a time running the ball again. Bunkley and Paterson are good and suspect they show up big time this week, so Dallas' OL will need to have a very good game again.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 11:46 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You obviously missed some of Thumpers posts.

While I may bring up controversial topics, I never condone attacks on a personal level even if it's hinting at it.
My take on it: As a rookie about 6 mos. ago I was subtracted 10 rep points for trolling, posting something far < incendiary in another team's forum about Dallas, rookie mistake & I never made it again. That rule is in place for a good reason, limiting provocation is p/o maintaining these individual teams threads, it's one of the strengths of this whole NFLDC board imo. Again, it's fair warning, while provocative dialog & intelligent criticism is welcomed at least by this Cowboys forum, keep it couched in the most courteous terms possible, i.e, objectivity is where it's at if you post in another team's clearly labeled forum & leave your homerism at the door..... you're going where angels fear to tread & all that.

It's easy to stray into personal attacks & the mods have done a fair job policing this boardwide, but if you're not a fan, it's a volatile area, a real minefield. Best rule of thumb is what the late great Patrick Swayze told his bouncers in Roadhouse, "Remember .... be NICE! And take it outside." Common courtesy is the paramount concern.

Quote:
Same!!!!! So excited. First playoff game. I live in Maryland, but I'm a Texas native(born and raised!).
Cowboys fans really are ubiquitous, lots of them all over. I live on the Left Coast, been a Cowboys fan since the pre-Ice Bowl days, I grew in San Antonio. Look at the last column on the right of total posts here compared to other teams on the Team Boards, see what I mean. And I think we've been just as fair as any other forum in welcoming posters from outside the fanbase as governed by the mods per my earlier p/o this post. There's a good reason for it too......

OK, back to the game Saturday, I hope everyone is as psyched as I am. I'm canceling attending an alumni meeting at a local club b/c it's a scheduling conflict & the Cowboys playoff game takes immediate priority, I could watch the game there but not able to post as I can here at home, just as much Sapporo available (almost anyway) to drink here at home too. Thx. for posting those game pics from Sunday, I raised eyebrows at the SI cover pick b/c I'm well aware of the Curse of the SI Cover, but wth, life's too short for superstition --- BTW my only bit of signed sports memorabilia is the Troy Aikman RIDE 'EM COWBOY! SI cover from 1990. Here's hoping I can acquire a new one with a Romo inscription in 2010.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trying so hard not to get hyped for this weekend....and slowly failing. Damn I hate Wade Phillips.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I think we dominate this game. I don't think it's even close. If Garrett can get the bus rolling we are a very difficult team to face. If we go into the half with a 2 score lead...Wade applies some pressure and the game gets easy. The key to this game is the early lead...and I don't think we have any problems getting it going. Go up quick and watch MN get scared with the way we handle the Eagles. I'll be ready to eat crow...but this is a blow out.
I don't think you guys get off to the start you did last week. In the beginning of the game last week, you guys ran it down our throats on the first drive. We had to commit more people to stopping the run and it opened us up and Romo picked us apart. If we can stop the run early, it could be a totally different game.

Barber was untouchable on his first 5 carries, but then after that he didn't do much. Oline was making some pretty big holes to. You guys ran right at Mike Patterson.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing about Andy Reid is that he knows how to prepare his team after a loss. He makes some of the best game to game adjustments that I've ever seen.

Offensively they weren't able to hit the long ball, but Celek was eating us up running crossing routes. We'll see a lot more of that this game. And if the long ball isn't there, watch for a lot of screens to McCoy and Westbrook. I see a trick play or two very early, first two drives by the Eagles.

Defensively watch for them to blitz early and blitz often. Especially up the middle. They will try to screw up our timing which we had last week. If we get the running game going early again, that will make them back off on the blitzing.

This game will be a chess match. I'm confident we can win, but it will be a close one.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
I don't think you guys get off to the start you did last week. In the beginning of the game last week, you guys ran it down our throats on the first drive. We had to commit more people to stopping the run and it opened us up and Romo picked us apart. If we can stop the run early, it could be a totally different game.

Barber was untouchable on his first 5 carries, but then after that he didn't do much. Oline was making some pretty big holes to. You guys ran right at Mike Patterson.
Actually, we didn't get off to as fast a start as we should have. If you take out that tipped pass, it could have been 24 to zip at half.

I agree that your front 4 didn't play their best game, but I think the Cowboys OL had something to do with that. :) That's one of those matchup problems I think Philly has in this game that has absolutely nothing to do with scheme.

Just like the Witten problem. Has nothing to do with scheme; just a bad match up.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 01-07-2010 at 05:38 PM.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If Gandma had bahlz she be grand-dad.

Pray the Cowboys play stupid. That is your only shot IMHO.

And yes ... their is a good chance they do play dumb.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
One thing about Andy Reid is that he knows how to prepare his team after a loss. He makes some of the best game to game adjustments that I've ever seen.
I would agree with that assestment, but I might add that I think he's one of the worst game managers in the league.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-07-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I just get tired of the 'missed opportunities' thing because it assumes that the Cowboys missed zero opportunities. That game actually could have been more of a blowout than it was.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-07-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I just get tired of the 'missed opportunities' thing because it assumes that the Cowboys missed zero opportunities. That game actually could have been more of a blowout than it was.
Yes, you guys had 1 or 2 missteps, but the Eagles had 5 or 6. Not quite the same.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When we lost to the Giants in '07 Kyle Kosier was to blame for a lot of the pressure Romo got up the middle.

I hope that doesn't happen again... I know a lot of you are on his ball sack and think he's was a probowl snuff so I hope you're right.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 05:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yes, you guys had 1 or 2 missteps, but the Eagles had 5 or 6. Not quite the same.
Your missteps would not have overcome 24 points. Face it.
Old 01-07-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
When we lost to the Giants in '07 Kyle Kosier was to blame for a lot of the pressure Romo got up the middle.

I hope that doesn't happen again... I know a lot of you are on his ball sack and think he's was a probowl snuff so I hope you're right.
D, none of us have put Kosier in the probowl. All I've said is that he's underappreicated.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 01-07-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
D, none of us have put Kosier in the probowl. All I've said is that he's underappreicated.
I think he's solid. A very good pulling guard.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Your missteps would not have overcome 24 points. Face it.
Didn't say that. It would have put maybe 14 points on the board though.
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he is good enuff.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:40 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

And ours would have put 14, too.

So, basically if both teams had taken advantage of their missed opportunities then the score would have been what 34-14 or 38-10?

Philly didn't miss any more opportunities than Dallas did.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Phillies O can is amazing, they can hold one of the highest scoring units in the league to 0 points. They must be one of the best defenses in the league!
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
And ours would have put 14, too.

So, basically if both teams had taken advantage of their missed opportunities then the score would have been what 34-14 or 38-10?

Philly didn't miss any more opportunities than Dallas did.
Actually, thats dead wrong. Philly missed many more opportunities than Dallas did.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:49 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Phillies O can is amazing, they can hold one of the highest scoring units in the league to 0 points. They must be one of the best defenses in the league!
A bad joke is a bad joke. Take your ball and go home now.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
What made you say that right after the Pro Bowl announcements were made and Davis got in?

I got the impression that you thought he should've been in it. You, Bob, dpl85... maybe more... sounded like you thought he deserved it.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
A bad joke is a bad joke. Take your ball and go home now.
You can't say that.

Especially Dallas took PHILLY'S ball and told THEM to go home.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:22 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
What made you say that right after the Pro Bowl announcements were made and Davis got in?

I got the impression that you thought he should've been in it. You, Bob, dpl85... maybe more... sounded like you thought he deserved it.
I can't comment on who should be in the Pro Bowl but I do think Kosier is a very good OL.

He can be over-powered but frankly power is over rated.

I also think ignoring the difference in play when he is there versus not there would lead one to question their assumptions on his competancy.

And we are clearly better with Kosier than without.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
You can't say that.

Especially Dallas took PHILLY'S ball and told THEM to go home.
I can't say what?