Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

View Poll Results: What is Troy Williamsons problem?
Dropping passes 23 95.83%
Not getting open 1 4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-16-2007, 09:09 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey... all else fails, Williamson certainly has the speed to play CB :) Maybe we should be teaching him that.

But that vision thing needs fixing, thats for sure.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 11:53 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

swagger hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

He could be a gunner on special teams.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

crazyisme hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

WOW, its only March and we already have WORST post of the year, i truely dont think anyone is going to match the autrosity this year or possibly ever...

"Not able to adjust to the football in the air" - actualy he does this pretty well, he more so has a problem locating then catching, there were several players where he went up and made a nice adjustment then could come down with it and he had difficulties locating the ball while attempting to catch if over his shoulder, but i dont think adjusting to the ball was really an issue.

"No body control" - like i said earlier, his body is fine its his hands and location that are the major issue

"Dropped passes" - no ****? wow you got ONE right, congratulations.

"Bad route running" - ummm....actually his route running was pretty damn good, his routes were just fine, he did a fine job of getting open in his limited time on the field, he just couldnt catch.

"Weak/frail" - well he is skinny, i wouldnt call him frail or weak and this definately is NOT is problem.

"Cannot beat the jam" - hes a little skinny and when bigger CBs jam him yes he has some difficulties, but i saw him on several occasions get around the jam and work at beating it, again not his problem.

"Poor concentration" - might be an issue, but i doubt it. He knows he cant catch and i dont see why when hes on the field and when the balls thrown to him hes not concentrating on the ball, might have been an issue early on, but once we found out he had butterfingers, i dont think his concentration has been an issue.

"Terrible work ethic" - easily the most autrosious and utterly inaccurate statment you made. The guy came in before practice and stayed after practice to work on his hands, if anything his work ethic should be immitated by everyone on the team, the dude works his ass off and is continuing to do so to correct his drops.

we should really all pitch in and get swagger an trophy, because i really dont think there will ever be a worst post than the gem swagger just posted.
crazyisme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 02:33 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyisme View Post
"Not able to adjust to the football in the air" - actualy he does this pretty well, he more so has a problem locating then catching, there were several players where he went up and made a nice adjustment then could come down with it and he had difficulties locating the ball while attempting to catch if over his shoulder, but i dont think adjusting to the ball was really an issue.
You clearly shouldn't be discussing football on a chat board if you watched all the Vikings games and have not yet picked up on the idea of Williamson being unable to adjust the ball in the air. What's next? Brad Johnson is a scrambling quarterback? Billy McMullen is a stellar deep threat? You are clearly uneducated.

Quote:
"No body control" - like i said earlier, his body is fine its his hands and location that are the major issue
Location? Location of where your body = body control. On many occasions over the course of the season, Williamson tried to catch a pass and it didn't even hit his hands. It bounced off his numbers and hit the ground, bounced off his facemask, bounced off the top of his helmet, bounced off his shoulder, and many more! When a guy can't even get his freakin hands on a perfectly thrown pass, he has a problem with body control, Einstein.

Quote:
"Dropped passes" - no ****? wow you got ONE right, congratulations.
Thank you. Though I think I got quite a few more right than you. And I had quite a few less spelling and grammatical errors, to boot.

Quote:
"Bad route running" - ummm....actually his route running was pretty damn good, his routes were just fine, he did a fine job of getting open in his limited time on the field, he just couldnt catch.
LOL....."actually his route running was pretty damn good"......! That's hilarious. Again, a totally off-base and completely incorrect take on your part. Williamson is one of most raw 1st round WRs I have ever seen in my life. He is a terrible route runner. Again, you might as well form an opinion of Brad Johnson being a scrambling QB, because you are that off-base.

Quote:
"Cannot beat the jam" - hes a little skinny and when bigger CBs jam him yes he has some difficulties, but i saw him on several occasions get around the jam and work at beating it, again not his problem.
He is terrible at getting off the line. Just terrible.

Quote:
"Poor concentration" - might be an issue, but i doubt it. He knows he cant catch and i dont see why when hes on the field and when the balls thrown to him hes not concentrating on the ball, might have been an issue early on, but once we found out he had butterfingers, i dont think his concentration has been an issue.
When you drop as many passes as Williamson in as little as playing time, it's safe to say lack of concentration is at least a factor. Not in your world, I guess.

Quote:
"Terrible work ethic" - easily the most autrosious and utterly inaccurate statment you made. The guy came in before practice and stayed after practice to work on his hands, if anything his work ethic should be immitated by everyone on the team, the dude works his ass off and is continuing to do so to correct his drops.
Let's see.......his rookie season he got deactivated and into Tice's doghouse when he skipped practice without telling any coaches. This year, Childress tried to have him return kicks, and he sulked and said he really didn't want to do it. You could tell he half-assed his way through returning kicks. Then, when Childress demoted him (which was long overdue), he did did not respond well and Childress said so himself. Williamson ended the year deactivated in a meaningless exhibition game (a game that would have been perfect for development of a young player) because of his poor attitude. But yep, autrocious take by me, eh? I am totally off-base.

You, on the other hand, believe some sob story by a local beat-writer who writes some fodder about Williamson staying after practice to catch some balls. He shouldn't be given brownie points for staying after and working on his hands after practice when he is dropping pass after pass after pass during games. He is a professional football player- it should be expected, not praised.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Last edited by swagger : 03-18-2007 at 04:59 PM.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:51 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

Quote:
You clearly shouldn't be discussing football on a chat board if you watched all the Vikings games and have not yet picked up on the idea of Williamson being unable to adjust the ball in the air. What's next? Brad Johnson is a scrambling quarterback? Billy McMullen is a stellar deep threat? You are clearly uneducated.
wow, thanks little dude for showing your age, personal attacks eh? LOL I'm pretty sure Im far more educated than you are and judging from majority of your posts, especially these two, Im not even worried about you knowing or thinking you know more than I do, haha. On to the facts, again, I did watch all the games and adjusting to the ball wasn't really his problem, was he perfect? of course not, but it wasnt his main issue, not even close. In his limited playing time there were a few times I clearly recall him making a nice adjustment to a ball either to drop it or miss it or even catch it.

Quote:
Location? Location of where your body = body control. On many occasions over the course of the season, Williamson tried to catch a pass and it didn't even hit his hands. It bounced off his numbers and hit the ground, bounced off his facemask, bounced off the top of his helmet, bounced off his shoulder, and many more! When a guy can't even get his freakin hands on a perfectly thrown pass, he has a problem with body control, Einstein.
first of all, locating the ball in mid air has ABSOLUTE NOTHING to do with body control, absolutely NOTHING. A guy could have tremendous body control and body adjustments, but if he cant locate the ball what is that going to do with him? Also, I dont recall many perfectly thrown balls ever during the course of last season 99% of the balls Williamson saw were terribly thrown, so please say your freaking stupid enough to believe that last sentence you wrote.

Quote:
Thank you. Though I think I got quite a few more right than you. And I had quite a few less spelling and grammatical errors, to boot.
my apologies for not proof reading rewriting and editing my posts, sorry that i take 20 seconds to type what i want and i dont give a rats ass if i misspell or misues a word on a freaking internet forum...dumbass

Quote:
LOL....."actually his route running was pretty damn good"......! That's hilarious. Again, a totally off-base and completely incorrect take on your part. Williamson is one of most raw 1st round WRs I have ever seen in my life. He is a terrible route runner. Again, you might as well form an opinion of Brad Johnson being a scrambling QB, because you are that off-base.
again, WOW...do you even WATCH the games or do you jerk yourself at all the sweaty guys on the field? seriously, his route running is just fine, its actually pretty well considering that he is raw (WOW you got one right...you should probably have cited the source you got that from since you are soooo into being proper on these boards...) again, the only person off base here is you, his route running was fine is he Chris Carter or Jerry Rice? ummm no, but he wasnt terrible not even close.

Quote:
When you drop as many passes as Williamson in as little as playing time, it's safe to say lack of concentration is at least a factor. Not in your world, I guess.
i didnt realize you were psychic, my bad i didnt realize that you knew what TWill was thinking during ever play that he was in on during the season, wow...i mean seriously, thanks for getting that out in the open, id hate to argue with someone so prestigious and gifted as you....LOL!!!!!!!!

[quote]Let's see.......his rookie season he got deactivated and into Tice's doghouse when he skipped practice without telling any coaches. This year, Childress tried to have him return kicks, and he sulked and said he really didn't want to do it. You could tell he half-assed his way through returning kicks. Then, when Childress demoted him (which was long overdue), he did did not respond well and Childress said so himself. Williamson ended the year deactivated in a meaningless exhibition game (a game that would have been perfect for development of a young player) because of his poor attitude. But yep, autrocious take by me, eh? I am totally off-base.[quote]

actually the reason for most of that stuff that you attribute to him being lazy is because of his on field performance which i agree was terrible, he just couldnt catch, im not sure what the issue was in the last game, but i dont recall them saying anything about it being because of his work ethic.

oh and by the way there were SEVERAL stories, not just one about troys work ethic and how hard he worked on trying to get his hands better, yet you want just toss that fact overboard? lol what an idiot.

i post on several boards this is the only place that i have noticed such stupidity on a daily basis...lol oh well, must be why i spend the least amount of time here :)
Old 03-19-2007, 10:02 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Here are some excerpts from various media outlets. I guess they must be wrong, too...

" Has adequate hands, but struggles to adjust to the over-the-shoulder tosses."

" Wide receiver Troy Williamson has been working at Nike’s corporate headquarters in an effort to get his focus and hand-eye coordination improved."

" The Vikings receiver has struggled to catch passes and at times has appeared to be turning the wrong way or had balls bounce off him that should be caught. This led to speculation last season that Williamson’s eyesight was not what it should be."

" Williamson can beat defenses deep with his speed, but consistently misjudges long passes. Williamson said he will attend the entire off-season conditioning program as he tries to win back a starting gig in 2007."

" In several instances, Williamson had at least a step on his defender, showcasing his outstanding speed, only to misjudge the trajectory of the ball or incorrectly time when to put his hands up. For the season, Williamson had just one reception of 40 or more yards."

Last, but not least, here is an excerpt about Williamson responding negatively to being benched:

Afterward Childress said he wants to see how Williamson reacts to being benched.

"You have to have confidence that the guy is going to do the right thing in practice," Childress said, "catch the ball in practice and continue to compete. One of the prime things is that you don't fold up. You're not happy that you're not playing. You want to get out there on the football field. That's what I expect to see from him."

Asked what his sense of Williamson's reaction has been, Childress became terse.

"I'm not real touchy-feely with it," he said. "I don't really have a strong sense. But it is what it is."

Asked what "it" is, Childress said: "What you saw."

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 03-19-2007, 11:01 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't claim to be an expert, but I think that swagger has the more valid points.

Williamson constantly misjudged both long and short passes, had problems with locating the ball in air (one good point by crazy), couldn't put his body in a position to make the catch if/when he did locate the ball in the air, his route running was mediocre at best, and couldn't hold onto the ball when it hit him right in the hands.

That being said, it is a bit refreshing that he is trying to address the problem of hand-eye coordination (a big part of playing any sport).

He was an incredible reach at #7, and needs to show some pretty drastic improvements this year... and hopefully he does.... but i am not holding my breath!

It's sad to think that as of right now, he's our #1 wr..... Boo!!!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2007, 11:20 PM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
That being said, it is a bit refreshing that he is trying to address the problem of hand-eye coordination (a big part of playing any sport).
Yeah. But I think that only came into fruition for purposes of damage control and excuse-making, on the part of Williamson and his agent. Here is a December Q&A by Williamson:

Q There have been photos in the Star Tribune of you dropping passes in which you are still looking up and the ball has already gone through your hands. Do you think your eyesight might be the problem?
A My vision is 20-20. I have good vision. That has nothing to do with it. People are trying to find reasons for what's wrong with me. It's nothing but a loss of confidence. It's me listening to the media or other people instead of doing what I got to do.

Q Have you had your eyes checked?
A Yes. About two weeks ago. It was pretty much a decision that both Coach Childress and I came upon together. To see what was wrong. I was OK with it. The way I feel is, if they thought that was a problem, then we can get the answers for them by getting my eyes checked. So I did.

Funny, his eyesight and vision seemed to be fine then. But suddenly during the offseason, they reveal some underlying problem that was keeping Troy from catching passes? Hmmmm...... something is fishy- sounds like an excuse / damage control to me, personally.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007
Old 03-19-2007, 11:31 PM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree 100% that it is off-season damage control, but there might be some truth to it as well.... hopefully.

Nevertheless, something has to change for him, and soon.

Like i said, it's somewhat refreshing that they are "addressing" one of his problems. If they can get him to work on the rest of his problems (or possibly address any of the teams other problems.... wr, qb, de, o-line), i will be able to breath a bit easier.... but i'm not holding out hope!
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 12:56 AM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

Severe Punishment hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

as much as I want to disagree with Swaggar I can't on this one.
His eye sight was never questioned before and it does appear to be nothing more than minor spin control. There has to be some hand eye cooridnation drills that could help him learn how to see the ball all the way through.... although the dude's probably right, this is probably nothing more than wishful thinking. Oh to have that draft pick to do over.
Severe Punishment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 01:48 AM    (permalink
swagger
Veteran

I know I'm right when even Severe Punishment sides with me.

sig by vikes99ej

RIP Sean Taylor
4/1/1983 - 11/27/2007

Last edited by swagger : 03-21-2007 at 01:16 AM.
Old 03-21-2007, 12:34 PM    (permalink
crazyisme
Rookie

lol, im done arguing...im not saying Troy is great...and hes not a crush, lol...im just not ready to give up on him and i felt as though he showed some good signs at times last season...id love to have the pick back too and go for someone else, and i really disliked the pick at the time, but im just of the idea that you have to give the player time, 2-3 years IMO, so this is Troy;s last chance, if he sucks it up this season ill join the burn TWILL to the groun bandwagon

:)
Old 03-21-2007, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

I think your confussing "giving up on him" with understanding his history and not expecting great things.

I've said numerous times that WR's typically take 3 years to develop.
However I've never seen a WR with his kind of speed having so much trouble figuring out where the ball is while it's in the air. I don't believe he's the deep threat the rest of the NFL does. I think he's a guy who you use on gadget plays (like reverses) quick screens and quick slants away from the middle of the field. (line up on the inside let him catch a quick ball moving toward the sidelines) as he really hates contact. If we just keep chucking it up and pray he comes down with it...hell, we might as well punt early and catch the other team off guard.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:48 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rchrd View Post
From rotoworld...

The sort of thing you'd possibly like to learn before investing up to $50mill in somebody, I don't see him wearing glasses under his helmet but I still think he wasn't helped at all from the situation he was put in, let's hope something positive can come out of the pick.
im assuming he has this problem in college? because it is a high pick to invest on a WR to replace randy moss with these problems, but i guess it was the smartest pick at the time, where they were at in the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 10:59 AM    (permalink
Purple N Proud

I think Troy Williamson has many problems, and you can't choose just one. I'll admit, I wanted Mike Williams at that spot, but ugh anybody but Troy. Shawne Merriman, Derrick Johnson, Antrel Rolle, Thomas Davis. That draft had a lotta value from about pick 10 to 20. It would also help if we either just committed to getting him playing time and integrating him or gave up on him.
Old 03-31-2007, 11:05 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Troy Williamson hasn't translated to well to the pros as of yet, but I believe Vikings fan should stay optimistic. He's got the speed to stretch the field but his route running could use a little work. His biggest problem has been the QB that has been under center for the games he's been a part of. Exhibit A: Brad Johnson. He couldn't throw the ball further than 30 yards so he eliminated Williamson's ability to stretch the field b/c there was absolutely no chance Johnson could get it to him. Back off of him for that time period. Exhibit B: Tavaris Jackson. It was his rookie season and he was getting his feet wet. I remember in the game against Green Bay Williamson burned right down the middle of the field and Tavaris underthrew him, but I saw that potential in what Williamson can bring. If him and Tavaris can't get timing down and Tavaris can get him the ball down field Troy will be able to live up somewhat to his Top 10 selection.

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 01:39 PM    (permalink
the_legend_killer
Pro Bowler

the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the_legend_killer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Vikings need to make an effort to get him the ball more on short slants and screens. If you remember the game v. Carolina early in the year, he got slants and screens and looked *Gasp*...good. Mix it up and throw him some short stuff until he gets his deep problems figured out.
the_legend_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2007, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Severe Punishment
Veteran

For those following the saga of T.W. , here's the latest on it.

http://www.startribune.com/507/story/1092949.html

Looks for improved Williamson
While the critics of Brad Childress believe that the Vikings are going to be short of good wide receivers, the team's coach thinks there is some potential among the receivers currently on the roster.
"You cannot throw the baby out with the bath water, and Troy Williamson, he needs to have a great offseason," Childress said of the Vikings' 2005 first-round draft choice. "For lack of a better term, [he needs] to rehabilitate himself, to know that he put the time and the work in to what happens during the season.
"He's going to spend a thousand hours on a Jugs gun [passing machine]."
Speaking about other receivers on the roster, Childress said: "And then, you know, some of those other kids -- Martin Nance has got a chance if he gets stronger. I want to look at Jason Carter, and then we're going to have to look in the draft." Don't look for the Vikings to take a receiver in the first round, not after what happened with Williamson. But there will be a number of good receivers available in the later rounds of the draft.
Old 04-01-2007, 01:06 PM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well i hope they Go WR in the 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and 4th.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Buddy Ryan said that about a certain young proidgy from ohio state a few years ago who later went on to be one of the best ever. He had many of the same issues. I believe the exact words ALL HE CATCHES IS TD'S you were right buddy he caught the second most in NFL history!!!!!!!!!!! Hang In the there kid Believe in yourself and God and everything will come together maybe one day we will get you a qb that will throw you the ball two games in a row!!!!!! If the vikings were smart wed bring the original try williamson back and let himwork with a kid who will listen rather then the wide out who believed he was owed respect.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

Can I ask a freaking question though What in the hell makes us believe childress knows any freaking thing about wide outs? What Philidelphia receiver do we have a track record on? This man has shown me nothing NOTHING to make me believe he has a freaking clue. Nate was by far the best wide out on the team and we didnt even try to keep him. I guarentee we could put all our wide outs on the market and even the freaking arena league wouldnt ******* call!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2007, 05:06 PM    (permalink
T-Rat42
Rookie

T-Rat42 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My opinion on this Troy Williamson problem is mainly that we don't know how to use him. At the begining of the year he dropped a couple balls but he was making plays, he averaged about 100 yards per game through the first 3 games or so. Then once he started to struggle we benched him and took all confidence he might have had away from him. He then was tossed into games randomly and couldn't find a rhythem to get anything done.
I also need to put some of the blame on the coaching staff. He's not going to get any better running extremely deep routes where he'll only get about 3 balls a game. We need to acquire a big possesion receiver to take some concentration from the defense. Then we need to put Troy in the slot and have him run shorter and crisper routes where he'll catch the ball 5 yards down the field. Let him use his speed to run with the ball, it does no good to have him run 40 yards down field play after play. It wastes a spot on the field we might as well play with 10 guys.
So if we have him run more reliable routes and use him in the slot he will succeed in this league. He will never live up to his expectations he got from the Randy Moss trade and being a 7th overall pick, but I guarantee he can still be a good football player for the Vikings.

Mad Props to JETS5128 for the sig!
T-Rat42 is offline   Reply With Quote