Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-06-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Link us please.
www.losangelesfootballstadium.com, click on New Video.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder what the exact location of the stadium would be.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Nintendo 64 was the ****, any kid that tossed that should be locked in a padded room with a virtual boy for 2 months, so he can learn to appreciate quality games.
zelda and mario cart for the N64 were 2 of the best games Ive ever seen and probably the best 2 console games I know.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Will be a great move by both teams, but really, the Bills should go Toronto.

But really have you guys seen the rendering of the stadium? That's so bad***.

Why? Give me one good reason.
We sell out every game, every year and we haven't been over .500 in how many years? So far the Toronto games have sucked ass imo, there is no home field adv. there are ppl for every team there just to watch a football game.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** Los Angeles.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Bills2083
All-Pro

Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bills2083 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbills View Post
Why? Give me one good reason.
We sell out every game, every year and we haven't been over .500 in how many years? So far the Toronto games have sucked ass imo, there is no home field adv. there are ppl for every team there just to watch a football game.
I agree.
However, I can see the NFL wanting to move the Bills considering Toronto is a ridiculously large market and they would be able to make a lot of money.

Then again, Buffalo has an extremely strong fanbase, albeit somewhat small, that sticks with them through thick and thin.
Although I highly think the NFL cares about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy
my lord...I cannot imagine such a world where I can mention Raymell Rice's thighs around a girl and not be the only one sexually aroused
Quote:
But for everyone reading this in Buffalo and Cleveland and everywhere else, take solace in the following: As crazy as it sounds, you're lucky. Your Mount Everest experience is still ahead of you. It's waiting, and it's glorious.- Bill Simmons
Bills2083 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't that much news. The story has been out that LA will get a team by 2010, and that the Jags and the Bills are obvious candidates.

Like falloutboy14 said, the Jaguars are not in that much of a predicament as people imagine. Although we had a bad year for tickets this year, all other years were more or less fine (almost blackouts at the end of last year and 04, but none occured...IIRC). And the tarping of 10K seats is far too overplayed: the Jaguars stadium was in the top 10 in seating capacity in the smallest market...go figure how that'd work. Reducing seats made the venue more sane.

Seating was a problem this year mostly because of the economy. In that vein, moving to LA may make sense. Also, while seating is not the issue as viewed, it is still a big issue. Stadium issues are what move teams, not seating issues, and the Jaguars have a contract with the city for that, which would be hard to break IIRC.

Even though I said all this - there was a story on PFT paraphrasing Jay Glazer of foxsports.com that the Jaguars will more than likely sell the team, which would probably be to LA.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW: http://forum.jaguars.com/index.php?s...4&st=0&start=0

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
**** Los Angeles.
Dude, you live in the Midwest...
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
**** Los Angeles.
Dude...you live in the Midwest. You have no business saying **** other cities except for the crap ones in your state and its surrounding region.

I live about 5 miles from where the stadium is going and I'm ******* psyched. PLEASE bring MJD back to us, please!
Old 01-06-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

when the Rams draft Suh, can we just switch the Rams and Jags in their respective divisions, and move the Jags to LA?

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
when the Rams draft Suh, can we just switch the Rams and Jags in their respective divisions, and move the Jags to LA?
Please, let's give Peyton an easier time making it to the play offs :p

Lets keep the divisions how they are!
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 10:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
Nintendo 64 was the ****, any kid that tossed that should be locked in a padded room with a virtual boy for 2 months, so he can learn to appreciate quality games.
I'm proud to say I still have my N64 :) toughest system ever made it's like a tank.
Old 01-06-2010, 10:53 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I'm proud to say I still have my N64 :) toughest system ever made it's like a tank.
Me too!!!!!!!!
Old 01-06-2010, 11:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i still have my 64 but for some reason not all the games save anymore. oh well it still rocks.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 11:05 PM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Los Angeles Jaguars huh, I'm down with that. Like YFS, I'm very very close to where the stadium is going to be built.
Old 01-06-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

N64 > Team In LA
Old 01-07-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Dude...you live in the Midwest. You have no business saying **** other cities except for the crap ones in your state and its surrounding region.

I live about 5 miles from where the stadium is going and I'm ******* psyched. PLEASE bring MJD back to us, please!
Don't you know who I am?? Whatever I say goes, when I say **** Los Angeles, Los Angeles is to be ******.
Old 01-07-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still have my NES. Beat that for awesomeness.

64 was a sick console, though it was propped up by a few awesome games and not much else. Sort of the same as how the Wii is right now. Nothing like the Snes or NES which both had quality and quantity, probably helped by having fewer competitors.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Bingo. A division with SF, LA, Seattle and Arizona? That's what we call rivalry.

But really they should not keep the Jaguars name. Do the Raven Effect and make the Los Angeles something, and make a brand new Jacksonville Jaguars in a UFL expansion.

If Los Angeles isn't deserving of a NFL team, no where else is.

Last edited by RealityCheck : 01-07-2010 at 09:47 AM.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
j05son
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.j05son is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That stadium looks so sweet.

Let's get some activity going in the Cleveland sub-forum!
j05son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

"If you build it they still won't come."
Old 01-07-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It will be the Jags. Mark it down.

The Bills are going to Toronto as a foregone conclusion, although they're going at gunpoint as far as their players & fans are concerned. And Goddell is holding the gun, this is clearly p/o his agenda.

He knows his predecessor, Tagliabue, failed to get a team into LA so he's taking that as a personally committed challenge.

Jaguars are the odds-on fave b/c they bought their way into the NFL in the last 2-team expansion, when the head of the expansion committee was quoted as saying "The Jacksonville proposal is something we will have to consider seriously," I knew it was a done deal, they crossed the right palms with silver as they say, throw hundreds of millions of $ at NFL owners & your dreams today become tomorrow's reality.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
He knows his predecessor, Tagliabue, failed to get a team into LA so he's taking that as a personally committed challenge.
Tagliabue also failed to slowly erode the fabric of the sport, is that Goodell's challenge too?

I'd like to see a team in LA as long as it's not my Bolts. If the team gets shenked to the NFC I might even root for them sometimes. In this scenario I will be very angry if the Jags draft Tebow.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 01:06 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Tagliabue also failed to slowly erode the fabric of the sport, is that Goodell's challenge too?
You're right, if I interpret you correctly. Tagliabue if anything accelerated the erosion of the fabric of the sport. Under him the NFL became all about merchandising instead of about maintaining the game, which used to be a cultural icon. Now it's about selling jerseys, throwback unis, memorabilia, etc. ad nauseum. That's what happens when you let the marketeers run the ship ... they call Marketing the Dark Side for a reason.

Much like the rest of American Big Business, the NFL became all about the market, which means all about greed & the bottom line. Things like quality were reduced to microcosms of their former went away, & everything becomes more bottom line-driven & < humane. Classic short-term gain for long-term pain, ultimately this game is all about the players, not the owners & profit margins. At some point fans become disgusted with their favorite players were treated or that 18 games in a season with 10 or 12 played outside the country are just too much, or the fans realize that they're being dissed with an inferior quality product. But the league is deluded by an ever-increasing willingness of the fans to buy all these sports trinkets, that & rolling in way, way too much TV revenue income has skewed their values with their skyrocketing profits -- they seem to have a fanbase with no limits so there was no incentive to improve the quality. For example see the recent rules changes that tip the balance grotesquely in favor of the offenses b/c their surveys all said the fans want passing intensive, higher scoring games, & that eroded the quality of competition IMO.

I'm not hijacking the theme of this thread, getting off soapbox now..... expansion of the league, increasing the regular season games & moving teams is a major factor in changing the basic nature of the NFL, maybe the league should ask the J-ville fans how they feel about their team in LA.... they won't though.

Last edited by LizardState : 01-07-2010 at 01:14 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote