Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum

Pittsburgh Steelers Team Forum Discuss the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

just read the best mock ever for pitt from walterfootball.com

1st. - earl thomas
2nd - brandon spikes
3rd - segio kindle

i would go nuts if this happened

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:59 PM    (permalink
mikehop05
Pro Bowler

mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mikehop05 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
1st Quick Mock of the Year!

1. Brian Bulaga - OT - Iowa - 6'6" - 315lbs

2. Brian Price - NT - UCLA - 6'2" - 310lbs

3. Eric Norwood - OLB/ILB - SC - 6'1" - 252lbs

4. Vince Ogobaase - DE - Duke - 6'5" - 305lbs

5. Kurt Coleman - FS/SS - OSU - 5'10" - 200lbs

5. (comp for Nate Washington) Ed Wang (lol) - OT - VT - 6'5" - 310lbs

6. Boo Robinson - NT - Wake Forrest - 6'1" - 310lbs

6. (comp. for Bryant McFadden) Devin Ross - CB - Arizona - 6'00" - 180lbs

7. LeMarcus Coker - RB - Hampton - 5'10" - 205lbs

Maybe abit optimistic at times...but id be happy with it. What you guys think?
i like the top 3, but dont really know anyone else

thanks to steel man for the fresh sig
mikehop05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bryan Bulaga - http://www.youtube.com/user/ProDraft.../1/-DYk6GzwHC4

Brian Price - http://www.youtube.com/user/ProDraft.../2/irQMYESMEaY

Eric Norwood - http://www.youtube.com/user/ProDraft.../0/ZCimRrkfcFg

Vince Ogohbaase - http://www.youtube.com/user/ProDraft.../0/d0-dWvsrWKA

Kurt Coleman - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmoKb7Sc9wY

Boo Robinson - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbkS-smuNEI

Lemarcus Coker - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjhdAnkiJz0

Some of my mock players, highlights/lowlights.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Price is a good fit as a 34 NT. Also, I believe he is a first round pick.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i thought the same about price, but apparently that is a guy the steelers are targeting.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Yeah i thought the same about price, but apparently that is a guy the steelers are targeting.
Hmmm. I guess it will work. He's more of a pass rusher though. He seems like a Chris Hoke type and I want a run stopper as our NT.
Old 01-12-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Same here man...i dont like Price as a NT, but i trust the FO, so i'll let them off :P

I really cant see big snack resigning, so NT is going to be a tough one to sort out. Would we draft a high round one, Dan Williams, Mount Cody etc. Or fill the gap with Hokie and a FA, and try developing a NT. I really dont know what would happen.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I personally believe Hampton will be a Steeler in 2010. If they do not work out a deal now, I expect him to get the tag.
Old 02-06-2010, 01:00 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my last mock I had the Steelers taking Sergio Kindle as a ILB/OLB. I know it would be more of a luxury pick, but I think he has the ability to play ILB. Obviously he could rush off the edge. The LB core would be terrifying if they had Harrison and Woodley on the outside and Timmons and Kindle inside. As a Ravens fan, its just scary even thinking about it.

What are your guys thoughts on the pick?
Old 02-06-2010, 05:18 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a good pick. But as you said its a luxury pick and its something right now we don't really want to do, with the crap oline and the questionable secondary. I'm for where ever we can get an help right away and a starter. Earl Thomas as S or Cb, or a tackle like Williams or Bulaga. With the tackles they can start on the right side, allowing Willie to shift inside and try his hand there. We get a RT and possibly a guard out of 1 pick.

Yeah..but Timmons or Kindle would have problems stopping the run, great on passing downs terrible on run downs.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Damn this board is kind of down.

Alright so what are our biggest needs this off season. Not many FA there so trades are a higher possibility this year. There are quite a few DL this year, so expect us to take at least 1 DL.

Our secondary needs to be upgraded at any of the positions, also for depth.

Line is also a big need, to we move up and take franchise LT, no to Campbell since we have a guy like Starks. Campbell is raw and we need someone who can come in.

Inside line, I think center is more important the our guard position. If we get a good enough center maybe he can play guard.

Lbs, pretty much we require depth to rotate guys in and out since they get so tired by games end, the offense is doing enough. But when the 3rd/4th quarter come they poop out.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

1) Franchise OT
2) Youth along the defensive side (DL, LB)
3) CB/S
4) C
5) RB
Old 02-09-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In my latest mock I had the Steelers taking Taylor Mays in the 1st and Maurkice Pouncey in the 2nd. I think that would be a solid start to a draft.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 10:58 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

That'd be an excellent first two rounds.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Yep, that'd be pretty god damn awesome! I still prefer Chad Jones and Earl Thomas to Mays though.
Old 02-11-2010, 10:56 AM    (permalink
lance uppercut
Rookie

lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.lance uppercut is a cocksman.

I like the Pouncey in the 2nd part. Mays in the first? pretty risky. I'd rather draft almost any of the other prospects that normally get mocked to us (Bulaga, Iupati, Dan Williams, Earl Thomas). Or Odrick, Graham, Weatherspoon for that matter.

we just cannot afford a bust situation with that first rounder, and Mays' 'floor' (imo) is lower than almost any non-QB projected for the first round.
lance uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

who would you guys rather have, Sean Lee or Thaddeus Gibson in the fourth round?

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
CDub
Veteran

CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CDub is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sean Lee - but I'm not sure he'll last that long
CDub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDub View Post
Sean Lee - but I'm not sure he'll last that long
Yea i dont either but in the forum mock they are both still available so i wasn't sure who to give you guys, i was leaning Lee so sounds good to me!

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-13-2010, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Who did you give us the first three rounds?
Old 02-13-2010, 07:38 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

1. Trent Williams
2. Jahvid Best
3. Amari Spievey
4. Sean Lee

I mostly went BPA based on my board. I know Best is a luxury pick but i just felt like he was too good to pass on and there are some nice players still available late. Was planning to go OLB (Worilds and Thad Gibson are the two i'm targeting), S (Kendrick Lewis and Robert Johnson top that list), and QB (Kafka and Daryll Clark) with the final three picks. If those guys don't fall to those spots, i'll also look at NT and C as other possible positions.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 02-14-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
PittPete
Rookie

PittPete PittPete PittPete

I've always been big on PSU backers; I would still trade Timmons for Poz in a second. But Sean Lee didn't impress me this year. I know he was coming off an injury but he was nowhere as good as he was two years ago. Several times I saw him get manhandled. against OSU he got pancaked by their fullback SEVERAL times. He got hammered physically in some other games too. The last thing I want to see is a blackandgold linebacker getting roughed up. Gibson, on the other hand, steadily impressed me as the year went on. Heyward and Gibson were a monster duo of defense for the Buckeyes last year. Heyward will be a first round pick next year. Gibson is good enough to go in the second, but will be a steal if going in the fourth as most people have him rated.
PittPete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2010, 09:35 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

He injured his knee twice in two years. I'd be heisitant to draft him and think he'll be able to stay healthy. If he does, I'd think it'd be a great investment. He's from Pittsburgh, so that's a plus.
Old 02-15-2010, 08:49 PM    (permalink
Havok69
Rookie

Havok69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

How would Steeler fans feel about Iupati in the 1st? He's not a LT, but he'd be an upgrade to a crap line and give some flexibility.
Havok69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I'd take him.