Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-14-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm a history/poli sci major as well.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I'm a history/poli sci major as well.
I'm done with my history major, finishing up my geography major this semester. Who would have ever thought so many history majors on a sports website...

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
EvilNixon
Pro Bowler

EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EvilNixon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Econ major/Poly sci minor :O
EvilNixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Mostly turf war because of slavery though. Another Civil War question...Could the war have ended without Grant becoming General in charge?
As General commanding all of the Armies and being commander of the Army of the Potomac? The answer is a sound yes. After 1862, the South stood very little chance of winning the war.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
I'm done with my history major, finishing up my geography major this semester. Who would have ever thought so many history majors on a sports website...
Because History majors are easy to get... using them after graduation is the hard part.
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Dude View Post
Because History majors are easy to get... using them after graduation is the hard part.
So ******* true. History degrees are worthless imo unless you want to teach.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-15-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
The_Dude
Pro Bowler

The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The_Dude is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Then be like me and add in an addition 3 years of school to get a teaching license & masters degree.

When I graduated from UW Madison W a BA in History, i knew that my options were teaching or managing a McDonalds. I'm glad that i made the right choice
The_Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro

dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
So ******* true. History degrees are worthless imo unless you want to teach.
Yep go me......

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Then be like me and add in an addition 3 years of school to get a teaching license & masters degree.

When I graduated from UW Madison W a BA in History, i knew that my options were teaching or managing a McDonalds. I'm glad that i made the right choice
Good choice. The question "Can I super-size that?" does not require a history degree to answer.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 03:27 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

Quote:

Yeah, I plan on either joining the police force or military this year. I'm taking a test on the 27th of this month for the police and will begin working out Monday to get in shape for either job.

WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:

Follow me on Twitter
Old 02-28-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are obviously some smart people on these boards that have interest in history. I have a test tomorrow and have a couple study questions that I need some one else's voice on.

1. Explain the relationship of Manorialism and Feudalism. Use the example of William the Conquerer's feudal system in England to explain how the feudalism worked as an effective political system.

2. Discuss Pope Gregory VII's idea of the Papal Monarchy. Give examples of how Gregory and his successors attempted to enforce this concept on the Kings of Europe.

3. Discuss how the kings of Europe consolidated their power at the expenseof their vassals and the church. Choose a country and the techniques that successions used to consolidate their power.

4. Describe the Babylonian Captivity and the Great Schism. Did these events hurt the church? Explain your answer using specific historical examples.

Only two of those four are on the test. If you can answer any one or more I will give you reps for life.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:06 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reps for life for the above post.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:33 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilNixon View Post
Econ major/Poly sci minor :O
Econ major / Geography and Environmental Sciences minor here.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if you would have posted taht like on friday you would have had better answers.
Old 02-28-2010, 10:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
if you would have posted taht like on friday you would have had better answers.
I knowww. But I was doing the study guide and these were the only 4 of that tier that I needed some help on. Deal is still on until 11am est tomorrow morning!

Will still rep for life if anyone answers those questions before 11am est tomorrow.

Old 03-01-2010, 12:30 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I'm doing this off the top of my head so they're going to be pretty basic answers but can maybe give you something to work off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
4. Describe the Babylonian Captivity and the Great Schism. Did these events hurt the church? Explain your answer using specific historical examples.
Babylonian captivity-I'm assuming this question is referring to the 'second' Babylonian captivity when the papacy moved to Avignon, France. This hurt the church because at the time there were multiple 'popes' ( 3 at one point I believe) in Avignon and Rome claiming the rights to the papacy and excommunicating each other. I think I'd probably note that certain nations and their secular leaders ultimately had to side with one position or the other and this probably undermined the position of the Catholic church in Europe because there was no clear leader of the Catholic church. So the church was essentially without a uniform pope until the problem was solved at the Council of Constance when Martin V was elected as the true pope. How was the church supposed to provide spiritual guidance for others when it was conflicting within itself?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

Last edited by TitleTown088 : 03-01-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-01-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Anyone else? Thanks Titletown, I appreciate it. Reps have been sent.

Old 03-01-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Feudalism is a system where one family or nobleman (the King) is the owner of all the land, and it is 'given out' to nobles. As payment, these nobles pledge their allegiance to the king, providing him with income (through taxation of the peasents and other inhabintants of the lands) and, if necessary, armies.
That's essentially how it worked.

But there's probably history buffs here who can explain it better. I'm just a political science freshman.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:45 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The answer to Question 4 is obvious. The Great Schism completely broke the church in half, with many in Eastern Europe and Russia forming the Eastern Orthodox Church based in Byzantium. This came after long debates about both the practice and theology behind Christianity.

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 10:11 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Test was postponed until Wednesday! I have more time to write out essay response to these questions now and try to memorize them by Wednesday. Thanks for the help guys and any more input would be beneficial.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fischbowl View Post
The answer to Question 4 is obvious. The Great Schism completely broke the church in half, with many in Eastern Europe and Russia forming the Eastern Orthodox Church based in Byzantium. This came after long debates about both the practice and theology behind Christianity.
If the question is asking about the Babylonian captivity in the same sentence as the great schism, I don't think its referring to the east-west schism but rather the great schism within the western church.

I'm real busy today TJ but if I get the chance I'll try to help ya out with some of the others if you want it. You'd probably hit the jackpot if you got BF51 in here to help ya out.

they get smoked.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
If the question is asking about the Babylonian captivity in the same sentence as the great schism, I don't think its referring to the east-west schism but rather the great schism within the western church.

I'm real busy today TJ but if I get the chance I'll try to help ya out with some of the others if you want it. You'd probably hit the jackpot if you got BF51 in here to help ya out.
True, the time periods don't match

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Bf can't be bribed with reps lol. I tried more than once.

Titletown is right in regards to the time period of the Great Schism.

The test is on Wednesday so I'll most likely be spending the majority of tomorrow studying for this.

Any help is appreciated.

Old 03-01-2010, 11:31 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
Feudalism is a system where one family or nobleman (the King) is the owner of all the land, and it is 'given out' to nobles. As payment, these nobles pledge their allegiance to the king, providing him with income (through taxation of the peasents and other inhabintants of the lands) and, if necessary, armies.
That's essentially how it worked.

But there's probably history buffs here who can explain it better. I'm just a political science freshman.
This thread is ******* awesome. I'm going to use this explanation in my history tutorial in about an hour or so lol.

Thanks, Addict. +rep
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 08:14 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do your own work tjunstein, you might learn something. :)

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote