Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-04-2006, 02:32 PM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I didn't know he still came here, but Tubby.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:33 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetedginnshow
Well, I didn't know he still came here, but Tubby.
Yeah, after seeing his top-5's, I'll second that nomination.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Other than the Osi debate, what have I said that makes me a homer?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
You have teams in your area, maybe not in your state, but we both know what teams get the 'home team' billing up in the northwest. I would hate cheering for teams on the other side of the country, you have to pay to get extra channels to even watch them.
Here's an example to back you up. Since there is no team in Michigan or Minnesota people from those areas become Bears fans as the bears represent that area.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.duckseason is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
You have teams in your area, maybe not in your state, but we both know what teams get the 'home team' billing up in the northwest. I would hate cheering for teams on the other side of the country, you have to pay to get extra channels to even watch them.
Here's an example to back you up. Since there is no team in Michigan or Minnesota people from those areas become Bears fans as the bears represent that area.
No team in Minnesota or Michigan?
K. I get it's a joke.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:39 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangini for pres
Go_Eli is up there... i'm a huge jet fan but i know what's real and isn't... this guy truly believs that every Giants Player is like the Best in the League...
:shock:
Old 06-04-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Any Jets fan that said Bollinger was the next Tom Brady.

And there were more than a few of you.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 06-04-2006, 02:41 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Any Jets fan that said Bollinger was the next Tom Brady.

And there were more than a few of you.
I said that he'd be good, but htat's cause I liked him back in college.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:50 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I'd also like to know why I'm so much of a homer, besides saying Tiki Barber is better than Clinton Portis.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bearfan
All-Pro

bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilma the Animal
This guy Toonster...he always tries to act like he knows what hes talking about and he says the stupidest stuff...anyone know him?

(JK, you the man if youre still here Toon)
lol. I didnt read the thing at the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeansDooma View Post
who retires first: brett favre or aaron rodgers?
bearfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eli
I'd also like to know why I'm so much of a homer, besides saying Tiki Barber is better than Clinton Portis.
I just think the Osi debate was so huge, that it sticks in people's minds.
Other than that, I haven't seen a whole lot of Homerism from you.
Old 06-04-2006, 02:56 PM    (permalink
Go_Eli
Veteran

Go_Eli hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Now don't get me wrong, Osi is great in my mind, but he's not 10. but I think he deserves to be on that list.
Go_Eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:03 PM    (permalink
duckseason
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckseason
Quote:
Now don't get me wrong, Osi is great in my mind, but he's not 10. but I think he deserves to be on that list.
Wait, was that you, or Number10 I'm thinking of? I may be getting you 2 confused.

You know, I don't really have as big a problem with a little homerism.....unless people get crazy with it and just say stuff that they know for a fact is wrong. If you're not a bit of a homer, then I don't think you are properly backing your team. You know? I mean, when it comes to an argument between 2 guys who are pretty close (like tiki and portis, or Witten and Shockey) then I pretty much expect a fan to side with the guy on his team. Nobody is completely bias-free.
That said, Keith Davis is the best FS in the league!!!
Old 06-04-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scorchin, by far the worst/biased poster on this forum.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:22 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
I disagree, he's the most vocal and get's really angry but he's not a huge homer. He's a conservative fan in that he values character way above talent when grading players.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Other than saying Osi was the 10th best player in the NFL, you have done nothing to make anyone think you are a homer. I was just about to defend you, actually.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver
He isnt really a homer but he is definately a biased poster. Any player or team he doesnt like he goes on little maniacal tirades against, same with anyone who disagrees with him on said team or player he doesnt like, then he throws hissy fits.
Old 06-04-2006, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Didn't think anyone had anything to say.

You guys don't know what a homer is. I see a lot in Osi right now and he is beginning to scratch the surface, that is why I am under the "extreme" impression that he is better than Peppers. But take Osi out of the situation and you can't find anything to really call me a homer. Am I a little bias at times? Sure. But that does not make me a homer and if you think it does, you are a hypocrite.

The true homer on this board is Balaskonis.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 06-04-2006, 03:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
It's mainly the fact that you don't think Shockey is scum for being cocky, that Osi is a one hit wonder, that Eli is a bum who'll bust or that Lavar doesn't work hard and won't come back strong. :roll:
Old 06-04-2006, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
Quote:
It's mainly the fact that you don't think Shockey is scum for being cocky, that Osi is a one hit wonder, that Eli is a bum who'll bust or that Lavar doesn't work hard and won't come back strong. :roll:
Exactly.

Oh and for all of the guys who claim Lavar is lazy, go check out his pic on Giants.com.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 06-04-2006, 04:38 PM    (permalink
danman253

RickNJ by a mile
Old 06-04-2006, 04:48 PM    (permalink
VoteLynnSwan
All-Pro

VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.VoteLynnSwan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burned_By_Santana
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
any redskin fan/ nfc east fan
Ouch...well I guess anyone who thinks Shaun Alexander is a top 3 back.

I Second the Motion

Sig by me... Hold the applause.
VoteLynnSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:54 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikings Fan

And the thing is I like both of their teams, but they make me hate them.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 04:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikingsfan

I get that the Osi debates get you on Number 10 but what about Go Eli? Is it the fact that he thinks Tiki is better than Portis? WHich he was last year.
Old 06-04-2006, 04:58 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151
1. Number 10
2. Go Eli
3. Vikingsfan

If you are going to call me a homer, fine. But get my name right.