Quote:
Originally Posted by ***********
Quote:
Originally Posted by elway777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10
Quote:
i had a strong feeling this thread would start stupid arguements,....frogstomp loves instagating
What else is there to do on a boring Sunday night?

i can list alot of things,most not suitable for this sites forums though
so can i but my girlfriend can't get out so i'm stuck here talking to u guys
u have a phone...
innuendo over ur head a lil elway?
yup
i'll tell u when ur older
Old 06-04-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime21335
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
i had a strong feeling this thread would start stupid arguements,....frogstomp loves instagating

u have a phone...
yup
you guys are cool
elway777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

Quote:
Originally Posted by drowe
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
See number 10 is a little bit of a homer but with guess like Balaskonis it is insignificant.
i'm not gonna lie, i have no *********** clue who that balaskonis dude is.
Find the NFC East thread. Or ask him who's better the Cowboys, Skins or Giants.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

You can't call me a homer because of the Osi case.
yes i can...and i will continue to do so. you are a homer because you have an EXTREMELY inflated opinion of a player on your team. and the fact that you are willing to fight it out with the entire board after getting kicked around like a soccer ball just makes you a bigger homer.

just accept it...its not like we're calling you a baby raper or something.
Then your definition of a homer is as correct as me calling you a Brewers homer because you think Hardy is good.

Get over it, you are wrong about your homer talk, but we all know you won't admit it.
ok, man, you're right, and the rest of this forum and the rest of the football watching world is wrong.

i think you're a homer and there is nothing you can say to change my mind. so, just keep saying i'm wrong, and keep saying my arguments are useless, whatever makes you feel good. 8)
Alright, even if I turn out to be wrong about Osi, I'm still not a homer. Why? Because I would come on here and admit that I was wrong. A homer (Balaskonis) would come on and continue to call Osi better.

The rest of the forum? There are some people defending me and sayin I am not a homer. So now you have gone down the pasth of exaggeration...a common sign of defeat.
so, you're not a homer because you sometimes criticize your team and if your butt boy has a bad year, you'll aknowledge it? left yourself quite a bit of wiggle room there, eh?

and, yeah, i'll aknowledge that there are a VERY FEW people defending you if you aknowledge that the vast majority of this thread has been people calling you a homer and you arguing and immediately claiming victory (which was pretty pathetic by the way)
I am not a homer because a homer thinks his team is always better than it really is, that every player on his team is better than he really is, and no matter what he is never wrong.

I already stated all of the non homer thoughts and comments that I have had about Eli, Tiki, Plaxico, Coughlin, and some other players you probably don't even know. If I was homer, I would go all Balaskonis on them, and you know what I mean there. If you are someone who finds strength in numbers in the '10 is a homer' debate, that says a lot about you, especially when you look at some of the people you are in agreement with.

A homer does not admit he is wrong, and I am telling you I was wrong about Eli, whom I have had several heated debates in favor of. And if Osi does poorly and Peppers does well, I'll do the same thing. A homer would not do that, and you know it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink

I kinda dis agree on the definition of a homer. IMO a homer is someone who over-rates his own teams players with no basis. IE Balaskonis, they can admit when they're wrong but still over-rate their own players without basis.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

u have a phone...
yup
you guys are cool
I'm not making fun, that was just legitimately amusing.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:24 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
I kinda dis agree on the definition of a homer. IMO a homer is someone who over-rates his own teams players with no basis. IE Balaskonis, they can admit when they're wrong but still over-rate their own players without basis.
Even with your definition, I have basis for an Osi debate and I have been told so by some of the smarter people here. (toon and PL)
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 06-04-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys need to quit bullying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

well, maybe i have a different defintion of homer.

i thought keak was a mo drew homer
i thought futerscout was a reggie mcneal homer
and i think you are an osi homer.

it may just be one player, but ya know damn well, if osi was playing for any other team, you wouldn't be debating this right now, hence, your love and inflated opinion of osi makes you a homer.

and i know you're gonna come back and say you just think what you think because you watch him every week and see how special he is...but every other dude here has their teams and its naive of you to think that other people don't see special things in people they watch every week, including panther fans with julius peppers.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:27 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

you guys are cool
I'm not making fun, that was just legitimately amusing.
i was just playin man....i think u know what i meant before

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
FlutiesDropKick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.elway777 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[quote:7d6aa043da="elway777"]i had a strong feeling this thread would start stupid arguements,....frogstomp loves instagating

u have a phone...
yup
you guys are cool
I'm not making fun, that was just legitimately amusing.[/quote:7d6aa043da]

thats cool
Old 06-04-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahahaha FDK I love how the censor your name.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-04-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Even with your definition, I have basis for an Osi debate and I have been told so by some of the smarter people here. (toon and PL)
Not arguing that. Frankly I think that you only over-rate osi a little, he's #3 on my list.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:30 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.FlutiesDropKick hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
yeah i pm'd scott about it but he hasn't answered yet. I figure it won't matter cuz most people know that if they see flutiesdropkick for a name that its me

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 06-04-2006, 09:31 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:

it may just be one player, but ya know damn well, if osi was playing for any other team, you wouldn't be debating this right now, hence, your love and inflated opinion of osi makes you a homer.

and i know you're gonna come back and say you just think what you think because you watch him every week and see how special he is...but every other dude here has their teams and its naive of you to think that other people don't see special things in people they watch every week, including panther fans with julius peppers.
Now you finally make a good point....but know this.

This whole Osi deal struck me in the middle of the season when Osi was tearing it up. I would watch every play of every game at least ten times and I noticed that he would do things that nobody else on the field could do. I then started to watch Julius play, and I got the tapes of his first 6 games and it struck me, Osi is a better DE. So yes, I noticed this because I watched Osi more so than any other DE in the league, but I still watched Peppers a ton, as in every play of the 2005 season and most of his games prior to the 2005 season, and from there I came up with the statement.

That still does not make me homer in the least.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 06-04-2006, 09:33 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

This whole Osi deal struck me in the middle of the season when Osi was tearing it up. I would watch every play of every game at least ten times and I noticed that he would do things that nobody else on the field could do. I then started to watch Julius play, and I got the tapes of his first 6 games and it struck me, Osi is a better DE. So yes, I noticed this because I watched Osi more so than any other DE in the league, but I still watched Peppers a ton, as in every play of the 2005 season and most of his games prior to the 2005 season, and from there I came up with the statement.

no but it does mean u should stop watching tape and get the hell out of your house

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Not arguing that. Frankly I think that you only over-rate osi a little, he's #3 on my list.
And when it is that close to many other people....how can the fact that I get ripped for calling Osi better get ripped. People need to sit down and really process this in their brain before they make a rampant post out of hatred towards me.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

no but it does mean u should stop watching tape and get the hell out of your house
I get enough don't worry. Don't bash a man's career goals.
Quote:
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Old 06-04-2006, 09:35 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisCybulski
yeah i pm'd scott about it but he hasn't answered yet. I figure it won't matter cuz most people know that if they see *********** for a name that its me

i think it has to do with words starting with f and ending with k

like when i say fun-ny buck together it comes out like this...

funnybuck
drowe
Mr. Underrated
All-Pro

drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.drowe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

well, it makes you an obcessive fan...that's for sure.
but, i'll put it on the line...if osi's stats eclipse pepper's stats next season, i'll admit defeat on all counts.
drowe is offline   Reply With Quote

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
And when it is that close to many other people....how can the fact that I get ripped for calling Osi better get ripped. People need to sit down and really process this in their brain before they make a rampant post out of hatred towards me.
Well a lot of people see Osi and don't know whether he has staying power now you think he does from the film you've seen and probable the fact that he's a giant. So people don't rate him as highly as we do. Thus we look like homers to them.
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Good point. It's not like you're touting *insert very bad Giants player here* as the greatest of all-time. It's not even like you're saying Osi is better than Reggie White. I don't think you're any more homer than most of us.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-04-2006, 09:36 PM    (permalink
FlutiesDropKick
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I get enough don't worry. Don't bash a man's career goals.
aight. w/e works man

Sig thanks to VLS

My BC Iggles. (13-4)
Old 06-04-2006, 09:40 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

one name that hasn't been said, that one packer fan who said KGB will have 17 sacks this year. What an idiot.
Old 06-04-2006, 09:42 PM    (permalink
elway777
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
one name that hasn't been said, that one packer fan who said KGB will have 17 sacks this year. What an idiot.
and then went on to say greenbay would have a top 5 defense