Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-11-2010, 02:02 AM    (permalink
Boston
All-Pro

Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Boston is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah. I don't even see how this is in question.

Hitman D

"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." - Henry David Thoreau
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:18 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post

Montana was great and does belong in the hall, but Peyton Manning is already better and still building on that. In fact, Montana and Steve Young are pretty much next to eachother on the list if you're going to rate all-time QBs.

Playoffs are not indicative of individual skill. They are a small sample size in a football career, and should be treated as such.
Hmm we might have to respectfully agree to disagree, but another thought or two: playoffs are a small sample size in a football career, but that's because you have to earn your appearances in the postseason. You'll never find games as hard fought or intense as in the playoffs, especially in the NFL where it's single elimination.

Everything's just about ranking and basically conversation's sake, and you're right that chips are a team award, but of all the things to judge a QB by, what you want more than anything is the ability to be at his best, when it matters most. Playoffs are when it matters most, and so are Super Bowls. That's why you can factor in postseason wins, because largely they're an indicator of great play when the pressure is at it's highest. 'Factor in' because obviously it's not the complete picture or even close, but it is still important.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:41 AM    (permalink
Monomach
All-Pro

Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Monomach is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
playoffs are a small sample size in a football career, but that's because you have to earn your appearances in the postseason.
This is not really true. I really, really wish it were. Rex Grossman gets accused of "leading" the Bears to a super bowl all the time. Horrible players get dragged kicking and screaming into the postseason every year. That's why all postseason success should be regarded as only team stats.

Quote:
but of all the things to judge a QB by, what you want more than anything is the ability to be at his best, when it matters most. Playoffs are when it matters most, and so are Super Bowls. That's why you can factor in postseason wins, because largely they're an indicator of great play when the pressure is at it's highest.
But the wins are not an indicator of the individual's performance at all. If it were, this whole thing would be a walk in the park and I would petition to get them added to stat pages. People are not using how the player actually played. They're using the wins themselves as stats, which gives undeserving players incredible credit toward that enshrinement.

Example: People are talking about Big Ben as a HOF hopeful already because he has two rings. It's incredibly over the top. The guy was outQBed in both of his super bowls. Doesn't matter to them because he got the wins. The fact that he wasn't great on the way to winning a postseason berth in those seasons? Ignored because he got the wins. I can't help but get all itchy over that, lol.

Last edited by Monomach : 01-11-2010 at 02:55 AM.
Monomach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:55 AM    (permalink
The Legend
Pro Bowler

The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.The Legend could make a wolverine purr.

Honestly I believe that was the greatest game ever played by a quarterback. You throw for over 30times and you have more touchdowns then incompletes thats just crazy. 154QB Rating, I don't know what the highest ever is, but I can bet thats the highest qb rating for over 30 pass attempts.
The Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:41 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
Yeah. I don't even see how this is in question.
because haters wanna hate?

I've had the unfortunate pleasure of watching this guy do it with two teams in the division. He's HoF bound for sure.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes.

If he wins the SB this year: Yes, of course.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 AM    (permalink
2 Live Crew
Rookie

2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.2 Live Crew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes before this season...yes after this season...shouldn't really be a question.
2 Live Crew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you look at the career stats, he has like one season's worth of productivity separating him from Rich Gannon.
Warner stats are significantly better. He has 208 TDs vs 180, Y/A 7.9 vs 6.8, completion percentage 65 vs 60. 32K yards vs 28K. Warner does have 128 Int vs 104 for Gannon. This is all with Warner having 124 games vs 157 for Gannon.

I don't have Gannon Playoff stats, but Warner's are better than his regular season ones. I do remember his game vs Tampa Bay in the Super Bowl, Gannon really struggled.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 10:09 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes.

It may not be on the first ballot, but he should and will get into the hall.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Montana was great and does belong in the hall, but Peyton Manning is already better and still building on that. In fact, Montana and Steve Young are pretty much next to eachother on the list if you're going to rate all-time QBs.

Playoffs are not indicative of individual skill. They are a small sample size in a football career, and should be treated as such.
Perhaps I'm a little too biased here, but I wouldn't rate Peyton Manning necessarily better than Joe Montana. It's very debatable.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
I was mulling it over during last year's Super Bowl, but I think he is a lock now for sure.
I was a firm No before the 2008 season and moved to borderline hovering on the side of Yes after last year's Super Bowl. I thought Warner needed another very good season in 2009 to cement his place which he has done. He's done enough for Canton now. This is his 6th high calibre season.

His career reg season numbers are as follows:

32,344 yds
2666-4040 comp/att
65.5 comp %
208-128 TD/INT ratio
93.7 QB rating
3 4,000 yd seasons (incl 2 over 4,500)
6 3,000 yd seasons (range from 3,417 to 4,830)
52 300 yd games (one of 5 QBs ever to reach 50 and the fastest to do so)
5 25+ TD seasons
3 30+ TD seasons (incl a 41 and 36)
2 time MVP
2 time 1st team All-Pro
Joint fastest ever with Dan Marino to reach 30,000 yds (114 games)

Playoffs (incl last night)

12 games (9-3 starting record)

3,747 yds
290-436 comp/att
66.5 comp %
31-13 TD-INT ratio
104.6 QB rating (2nd to Bart Starr)
6 games with more than 350 yds.
2 games with 5 TD passes (and another with 4).
Games with QB ratings of 154.1, 145.7, 143.0, 112.3 (SB defeat), 99.7 (SB win).

1 Super Bowl ring
1 Super Bowl MVP (with a record 414 yds passing and a game-winning 80 yd TD pass in the last two mins)
3 Super Bowl appearances (and holds the 3 highest passing yardage games in SB history and the SB career record of 1,156 yds passing)
Most yds passing in a single postseason - 1,147 (2008)
Most TD passes in a single postseason - 11 (2008)

The case against Warner are those five seasons between 2002-06.

706-1,105
7,940 yds
27 TDs
30 INTs
8-24 as a starter.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This is not really true. I really, really wish it were. Rex Grossman gets accused of "leading" the Bears to a super bowl all the time. Horrible players get dragged kicking and screaming into the postseason every year. That's why all postseason success should be regarded as only team stats.

But the wins are not an indicator of the individual's performance at all. If it were, this whole thing would be a walk in the park and I would petition to get them added to stat pages. People are not using how the player actually played. They're using the wins themselves as stats, which gives undeserving players incredible credit toward that enshrinement.

Example: People are talking about Big Ben as a HOF hopeful already because he has two rings. It's incredibly over the top. The guy was outQBed in both of his super bowls. Doesn't matter to them because he got the wins. The fact that he wasn't great on the way to winning a postseason berth in those seasons? Ignored because he got the wins. I can't help but get all itchy over that, lol.
I think you are also missing his League MVP trophy and multiple pro bowls as well? Just because Warner started late in the league doesn't mean he should be kept out of the hall.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
Honestly I believe that was the greatest game ever played by a quarterback. You throw for over 30times and you have more touchdowns then incompletes thats just crazy. 154QB Rating, I don't know what the highest ever is, but I can bet thats the highest qb rating for over 30 pass attempts.
This will surprise a few people I'm sure but Peyton Manning had a perfect 158.3 rating in a 2003 playoff game vs Denver (Colts won 41-10). He did fall just short of 30 attempts though so Warner's mark may well be the highest ever with at least 30 att. I don't have those sort of numbers close at hand.

Manning's numbers that day for his perfect game were 22-26, 377, 5-0.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

I say yes. On top of his impressive playoffs resume dont forget he is one of the most accurate QBs ever.

And I dont think you should count the couple years his career was looking like bad against him. He was unhealthy and all 3 of the Rams, Giants and Cardinals moved to younger QBs. Got hurt, Rams go with Bulger who had maybe 3 good years in the NFL. Has a .500 record in november with the Giants and they move to Eli Manning. A couple turnovers in Arizona and the job is given to Leinart.

Ken Wisenhunt saw that he still could play at a high level and he was damn right.

Get ready for a religious fest during his induction speech follks..

Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada : 01-11-2010 at 12:02 PM.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

100% hall of famer. no doubt.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I could not disagree more, especially the part about where playoffs are not indicative of actual skill.

Peyton Manning faces a significant drop off in his numbers once he reaches the postseason. This is not a statistical anomoly and there's not a small sample size to pick from. To say he's better than a quarterback who was pretty much perfect in the playoffs and Superbowl (the seasons that actually matter) are laughable, at best.

The best way to judge how good a quarterback really is is to look at his postseason numbers compared to his regular season numbers. It's difficult for younger guys without a lot of playoff experience, but very easy with the older guys and current Hall of Famers. We'll do Peyton Manning, just for shits and giggles.

Manning has played in 15 playoff games in his career. That's basically one game short of a full regular season, so we'll add up all of his playoff numbers and see how they compare to his average season numbers. I won't count 2009 regular season stats, because he has not played any playoff games for the 2009 season yet.

Adding the numbers up, Manning averages 30 TDs, 15 INTs, 3807 yards, 64% completion percentage, with a QB rating of 95.2 in a 16 game regular season.

Here are his playoff numbers added up, in what essentially makes a 15 game playoff season: 4200 yards, 22 touchdowns, 17 interceptions, a 61.7% completion percentage, and an 85.0 rating.

Now let's compare Manning to Montana.
In the regular season, Montana averaged: 3100 yards, 20 TDs, 10 INTs, a 63% completion percentage, and a 92.3 passer rating.

His postseason totals are naturally higher than Peyton's because of his 23 postseason games. I'll give both his postseason totals and totals from his first 15 postseason games so we have an apples to apples comparison:

Postseason totals (23 games): 5772 yards, 45 TDs, 21 INTs, 62.7%, and a 95.2 QB rating.
Postseason totals: (first 15 games): 3735 yards, 26 TDs, 15 INTs, 60%, 89.1 QB rating

Now of course, statistics never tell the whole story, but we have a general idea of both of these guys' postseason performances. Interpret as you will.

Edit: I'll also add Tom Brady's numbers later, for comparison.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 12:35 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes sir he is.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Every time he wins a playoff game this thread pops up.

He will probably make it into the Hall of Fame and as it stands right now he deserves to.

/thread

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:11 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only if Terrell Davis gets in. I think TD needs some HOF so I'm gonna say yes to Warner as well. Both were supremely dominant, just not for very long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

@ yourfavestoner.

Funnily enough I was just looking at the postseason stats for Manning and Brady after Brady's bad game yesterday to see how they now compared. Of course we all know how many Super Bowl rings they have but there really isn't the huge disparity that many think there is and a good postseason run for Manning this year including a 2nd Super Bowl title for the Colts would make it very interesting.

BRADY
18 games
4,108 yds
62.0 comp%
28-15 TD-INT ratio
85.5 QB rating
Games with QB rating below 80: 8 (Worst of 49.1)
Games with QB rating over 90: 7 (Best of 141.4)
Games with 3+ TD passes: 3 (all of them 3)
Games with 3+ INTs: 3 (all of them 3)
14-4 record (10-0 start)

P.MANNING
15 games
4,208 yds
61.7 comp %
22-17 TD-INT ratio
85.0 QB rating
Games with QB rating below 80: 7 (Worst of 31.2)
Games with QB rating over 90: 6 (Best of 158.3)
Games with 3+ TD passes: 4 (incl a 5 and a 4)
Games with 3+ INTs: 2 (worst is 4)
7-8 record

Manning's last two games in the playoffs were both defeats to San Diego (2007 and 2008 seasons). However he had QB ratings of 97.7 and 90.4 in those games with over 700 yds 4 TDs and 2 INTs.

Meanwhile New England defeated San Diego in the 2006 and 2007 postseason. However in those two wins Brady was below average with QB ratings of 57.6 and 66.4. His TD-INT ratio was 4-6.

Last edited by boknows34 : 01-11-2010 at 01:40 PM.
Old 01-11-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's the difference between Manning and Brady: Brady's numbers are pretty much identical to his average regular season numbers. They are literally exactly the same, meaning he's the exact same player in games that actually matter. With Manning, there's a huge dropoff. He throws for more yards, sure, but his TDs drop off sharply, his INTs go up, and his rating drops by an astounding 10 points.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Legend View Post
What made that game so special is he needed to make all those throws to win. In almost all games where QBs put up ridiculous numbers its a blowout, if Warner just missed a couple passes they could have lost. Playing outstanding in close games is just more impressive than in blowouts.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Warner will get in. It's really not debatable like it was before, it's a lock IMO.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

32,000+ yards over 200 TDs, around 85ish INTs, and an amazing completion percentage to go along with his playoff resume.

I think he deserves to be in.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 06:37 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
If that is how you choose to evaluate quarterbacks in this sport, then that is fine. I take winning into account because of the nature of the quarterback position and I'm sure the voters will as well.
Right on, gpngc!! Why else is Troy Aikman in Canton??? Just Winzzz Baby!!

For a QB with Warner's stats, the SB ring is like 25 extra credit points. The dude has a great back story to top it all off; it's not a matter of if Kurt Warner is a HOF, it's only about when he finally gets in once he retires.

With each successive year, the backlog of HOF worthy candidates becomes even deeper.

Last edited by FUNBUNCHER : 01-13-2010 at 06:34 PM.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote