Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
Jay Cutastrophe is awesome. That is sheer brilliance. Cutlerception is what people on this site and many other sites call an interception thrown by Jay Cutler, because interception and Jay Cutler are synonymous.
A Cutlerception is a specific kind of interception, not just any interception. It is either when you are in the red zone with no-one open, and then you throw it at as hard as you can at any receiver, or alternatively when a play calls for the ball to be thrown to your primary receiver (who you stare at continuously for the duration of the play), and when they are in double or triple coverage you throw them the ball. It takes a special kind of arrogance to make a Cutlerception (Favre was also especially good at them).
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
A Cutlerception is a specific kind of interception, not just any interception. It is either when you are in the red zone with no-one open, and then you throw it at as hard as you can at any receiver, or alternatively when a play calls for the ball to be thrown to your primary receiver (who you stare at continuously for the duration of the play), and when they are in double or triple coverage you throw them the ball. It takes a special kind of arrogance to make a Cutlerception (Favre was also especially good at them).
ahh thanks for clearing that up for me haha
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:47 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP- Darrelle Revis

Biggest Surprise- Brandon Moore

Biggest Disappointment- Braylon Edwards

Best Rookie- Shonn Greene

Underachieving Rookie- Mark Sanchez I guess

Offensive MVP- Nick Mangold

Defensive MVP- Darrelle Revis
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:48 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
MVP- Darrelle Revis

Biggest Surprise- Brandon Moore

Biggest Disappointment- Braylon Edwards

Underachieving Rookie- Mark Sanchez I guess

Offensive MVP- Nick Mangold

Are you guys resigning him?

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
Are you guys resigning him?
No idea, i kind of hate him but I wouldn't mind him back if he came cheap.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP- I think Matthew Stafford here. We only won two games, so it's not like there is a lot to pick from. You wouldn't be able to tell from the numbers, but Stafford was the reason why we won the two games that we did. He single-handedly beat the Cleveland Browns. He threw a lot of picks but his 15 total touchdowns were pretty impressive in only ten games on a team totally devoid of talent. Lions averaged 19 points per game with Stafford and 12 without him. That's a touchdown per game.

Biggest Surprise- Jeff Backus gets the nod here. He was much improved in pass protection (even if he was still below average) and was borderline dominant in the running game. He also posted a career low in penalties and went from one of the Lions' biggest problems to not much of a problem.

Biggest Disappointment- For me, Phillip Buchanon. I didn't expect him to be great, or even a number one. However, after playing very well for the previous two years he went back to being atrocious. He was horrible and couldn't even stay on the field at arguably our weakest position.

Best Rookie- Although DeAndre Levy is a personal favorite of mine, I have to go with Louis Delmas. "The Missile" was great this year making close to 100 tackle to go along with 1 sack and 2 interceptions, one of which he returned for a touchdown. The secondary has been our biggest issue for a long time, but now I'm comfortable knowing that we have at least one piece in place.

Underachieving Rookie- Brandon Pettigrew, if only because of who else we passed on to take him. Pettigrew has been very good as a blocker, but is still very raw as a receiver. He struggled with drops all season and wasn't the receiving threat we hoped he would be. A lot of people think Michael Oher, Clay Matthews, or Chris Wells would look good in the Lions uniform.

Offensive MVP- Matthew Stafford, for reason listed above.

Defensive MVP- I'll say Larry Foote although Delmas and Julian Peterson could probably be argued for. I also wouldn't argue if you said DeAndre Levy who is already twice the player Ernie Sims is. Foote lead the team in tackles and added 2 sacks, 4 passes defended, and 1 forced fumble.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:27 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP - Frank Gore

Biggest Surprise - Vernon Davis

Biggest Disappointment - Nate Clements

Best Rookie - Michael Crabtree

Underachieving Rookie - Glen Coffee

Offensive MVP - Frank Gore (Hon. Mention: Vernon Davis)

Defensive MVP - Patrick Willis

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP - Doom (17 sacks playing as an OLB for the first time)

Biggest Surprise - Mike Nolan (a lot of people ripped him preseason as being a useless DC). Honorable mention to Prater, who learned this season how to kick straight (increased FG accuracy from 74 to 86%).

Biggest Disappointment - So many to choose from..........I will go with Eddie Royal. Eddie needs to learn how to beat press coverage, and McDaniels needs to learn how to use him more effectively so that he isnt as hindered by press coverage.

Best Rookie - ummmmmm, maybe David Bruton? He was very good on special teams.

Underachieving rookie - most of them, though personally I will go with Alphonso Smith. All he had to do this season was play nickel corner, while learning from a group of veteran DBs and WRs with pro-bowl and superbowl experience. Doesnt sound that freakin hard, even if you are two inches too short.

Offensive MVP - Clady, despite him being not as good as last season (I refuse to say Marshall because of him refusing to play in the last game and some key drops in the Oakland game).

Defensive MVP - Doom
Old 01-12-2010, 07:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
(I refuse to say Marshall because of him refusing to play in the last game and some key drops in the Oakland game).
This is news to me, sounds to me like the decision was taken away from him days before the game even approached. If McDaniels decided to sit him for that game at least 3 days prior, how does that equal Marshall refusing to play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP- DeSean Jackson

Biggest Surprise- Jeremy Maclin

Biggest Disappointment- Quintin Mikell

Best Rookie- Jeremy Maclin

Underachieving Rookie- Macho Harris

Offensive MVP- DeSean Jackson

Defensive MVP- Trent Cole
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
This is news to me, sounds to me like the decision was taken away from him days before the game even approached. If McDaniels decided to sit him for that game at least 3 days prior, how does that equal Marshall refusing to play?
Marshall ruled himself out with an injury at the start of the week despite the scans and medical staff clearing him of anything significant. When he turned up late to treatment, McDaniels called him soft and benched him.
Old 01-12-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Marshall ruled himself out with an injury at the start of the week despite the scans and medical staff clearing him of anything significant. When he turned up late to treatment, McDaniels called him soft and benched him.
How does a player rule himself out of a game, a week before at that? I've never even heard of that. I know he said he probably couldn't of played after he was benched, but just because he said his hammy was hurt I didn't know that he basically ruled himself out of the game a week away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 08:50 PM    (permalink
Chief49er
Rookie

Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.Chief49er could make a wolverine purr.

MVP- Patrick Willis

Biggest Surprise- Aubrayo Franklin

Biggest Disappointment- Glenn Coffee

Best Rookie- Michael Crabtree

Underachieving Rookie- Glenn Coffee

Offensive MVP- Vernon Davis

Defensive MVP- Justin Smith
Old 01-12-2010, 08:54 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP- Cedric Benson

Biggest Suprize- Brian Leonard

Biggest Disappointment- Carson Palmer

Best Rookie- Rey Maualuga

Underachieving Rookie- Andre Smith

Offensive MVP- Cedric Benson

Defensive MVP- Leon Hall

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:17 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP- Carson Palmer. I know, the numbers don't look good and he did not perform well against the NYJ in the playoffs but I still say hes our MVP. We go where he goes and he led us on some great game winning/tying drives in the fourth quarter. His elbow seems like its had some effect but I fully expect a return to form statistically speaking next year.

Biggest Surprise- The entire offensive line, Kyle Cooke and Andrew Whitworth in particular. While they did have some trouble in pass pro from time to time, they were fantastic in the run game, allowing for Cedric to have such a great year. They were probably our biggest question mark and they answered on a level even the biggest homer would be suprised with. Sure, Whit had some troubles moving out to LT(as was expected) but I think he did a pretty darn good job with that transition and I am comfortable having him out there. On the other hand he is probably an All-Pro caliber Guard and if we could somehow move him back there it would be ideal.

Biggest Disappointment- Wouldn't necessarily be wrong to go with Andre Smith here but I think once he got himself situated and got on the field he did a pretty darn good job given the circumstances. I'm more than encouraged by his play this year. The biggest disappointment was probably Laverneus Coles, but our entire passing game in general was pretty sub par in comparison to years past.

Best Rookie- Rey Maualuga. He didn't have a lot of 'big' plays but he was an integral part to our defense and especially its success against the run. He also made a position change to SLB and I think he handled that very well. Pretty much all of our rookies did well this season and Rey was the best of that group.

Underachieving Rookie- Have to go with Chase Coffman here but that is because of his injury. I know a lot are jumping off his bandwagon at this point but I fully expect him to contribute next year. Just needs to learn how to block.

Offensive MVP- Cedric Benson. He out performed even my highest expectations and was a huge reason for our success especially within the division.

Defensive MVP- I'm gonna go with Domata Peko here though you couldn't go wrong with Leon and JJ. Peko is absolutely integral to our run D and we really missed him when he was injured.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamaal Charleszzzzzzzzzzzzz.... MVP.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP- Kurt Warner

Biggest Surprise- Calais Campbell. Became the starter after Antonio Smith left in free agency and played very well. His 7 sacks is tied with Dockett for most by a 3-4 DE.
Biggest Disappointment- Matt Leinart. Not as awful as most people make out but he struggled for the most part when he saw action.

Best Rookie- Beanie Wells. Started slow after missing some of training camp but has played really well the last half of the season. His stiff arm is ridiculous. HM to LaRod Stephens-Howling. 7th round pick I didn't expect to make the roster since we signed Jason Wright to do his job. One of our top special teams tacklers, a decent returner and has contributed more on offense lately. He was the lone back in on the Cardinals final drive in the Wildcard game.

Underachieving Rookie- Rashad Johnson. Expected him to compete with Matt Ware for the 3rd Safety spot but ended up being inactive the majority of the season. When Ware went down we signed a guy off the street to take his playing time instead of giving it to Johnson.

Offensive MVP- Kurt Warner

Defensive MVP- Darnell Dockett. Possibly the best 3-4 end in the league. Would be even better if he was back playing predominantly as a 4-3 DT.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
XxXdragonXxX
Pro Bowler

XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.XxXdragonXxX is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP- P Jon Ryan; You know its bad when your teams MVP is the punter.

Biggest Surprise- Justin Forsett; Cut and then re-signed in 2008. Now the teams biggest playmaker.

Biggest Disappointment- WAY too hard to pick just one. So many talented guys did absolutely nothing.....maybe I'll just go with Jim Mora....

Best Rookie- Max Unger; The only bright spot on the OL.

Underachieving Rookie- Aaron Curry; Was supposed to make an immediate impact, but only showed flashes of his hype. However that isn't surprising considering the team he plays for.

Offensive MVP- Justin Forsett; Led the team in yards from scrimmage. Honorable mention to John Carlson who led the team in TDs.

Defensive MVP- David Hawthorne; Led the team in tackles, fumbles forced and INTs, 3rd in sacks. Honorable mention to Josh Wilson who scored the defenses only 2 TDs on his 2 INTs.
Old 01-13-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Draft King
All-Pro

Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Draft King is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP - Roddy White (tough choice here, we had a couple players that played at an extremely high level, but nobody really stood out over everyone else)

Biggest Surprise - Thomas DeCoud

Biggest Disappointment - John Abraham

Best Rookie - Chris Owens (Peria Jerry and William Moore both went on the IR early)

Underachieving Rookie - Peria Jerry/William Moore (tough but I guess these two are really the only options. these 2 need to stay healthy next season)

Offensive MVP - Tony Gonzalez (didn't want to give Roddy White both the awards)

Defensive MVP - Curtis Lofton (it was 50/50 between him and Babineaux)
Draft King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Seanhawk
Rookie

Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:

Underachieving rookie - most of them, though personally I will go with Alphonso Smith. All he had to do this season was play nickel corner, while learning from a group of veteran DBs and WRs with pro-bowl and superbowl experience. Doesnt sound that freakin hard, even if you are two inches too short.
Not to mention you gave up a first in this years draft in the trade up to get him.
Seanhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
Raider_fan_Canada
Rookie

Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.Raider_fan_Canada is a cocksman.

RAIDERS

MVP- Shane Lechler

Yes my PUNTER is the team MVP. Field position and patience where the keys to victory in most our wins, so I had to go with him and one of the best years ever for a punter. I almost named him defensive MVP also.

Biggest Surprise- Bruce Gradkowski

(looks like a young Jeff Garcia, I hope he is back next year....)

Biggest Disappointment- Jamarcus Russell

(no comment.....)

Best Rookie- Louis Murphy

(has fire, will and heart on top of a lot of skill)

Underachieving Rookie- Darrius Heyward-Bey

(understatement. 9 catches in 11 starts is a shame. Showed his speed only by running by a Giants player instead of tackling him on a turnover)

Offensive MVP- Zach Miller

(Only steady, productive presence all year on offense. I think his reputation is done by now. Could very well be in the Pro Bowl if Indy or SD is in the SB. Very deserving)

Defensive MVP- Nnamdi Asomugha

(Still an elite cover corner, but made a lot of plays in the running game as well. Some spectacular tackles.)

I will add the fallowing:

Special Teams MVP - Sebastian Janikowski

(Missed 3 FGs all year, a 57 yarder and 65 yarder. Only missed one under 50. Made one from 64 (I think). Gave a good shot at 3 pts from ranges other teams would punt or go on 4th down. Always was a long distance kicker, but this year was a reliable one as well)

Honorable mentions:
Robert Gallery (Offensive MVP. Oline was horrible without him), Matt Shaughnessy (Best rookie), Mario Henderson (disapointement. Started the year good and looked like LT solution, but play went down as the season progressed), Greg Ellis (defensive MVP. The art of the timely sack!).

Last edited by Raider_fan_Canada : 01-14-2010 at 01:54 AM.
Raider_fan_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP - Vernon Davis

Biggest Surprise - Vernon Davis

Biggest Disappointment - Is the whole team an option???

Best Rookie - Michael Crabtree

Underachieving Rookie - Glen Coffee

Offensive MVP - Vernon Davis

Defensive MVP - Patrick Willis

No real big surprises

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:24 AM    (permalink
timewaster
Rookie

timewaster timewaster timewaster timewaster

MVP- Darrelle Revis

Biggest Surprise- Top Defense without Jenkins. Top Rushing team with out L.Washington

Biggest Disappointment- Kerry Rhodes

Underachieving Rookie- Ummmm Matt Slauson?

Offensive MVP- Thomas Jones

Adding honorable mention to the offensive line. Best in the NFL.
timewaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP - Tony Romo

Biggest Surprise - Miles Austin. I was on the Sam Hurd bandwagon myself. I didn't have a lot of faith in Austin.

Biggest Disappointment - Roy Williams easily.

Best Rookie - David "Beast Boy" Buehler. The only rookie that contriubted in every game and did a hell of a job doing it.

Underachieving Rookie - Jason Williams by default. Didn't have high expectations for this draft class.

Offensive MVP - Tony Romo

Defensive MVP - Keith Brookings. Ware and Ratliff are going to get the love, I just wanted give Brookings a shoutout becuase he absoutlelely deserves it. I fully 100% believe this defense wouldn't be playing the way they are right now if it wasn't for his leadership.

Last edited by Paul : 01-15-2010 at 01:58 AM.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MVP - Eli Manning, QB
Despite playing with injuries in both feet which lead him to struggle stepping into his throws for weeks, a rapidly decayed offensive line and a shamefully bad defense eli ran our offense very well, and turned an extremely young group of receivers into great passing game.

Biggest Surprise - Mario Manningham, WR
I was a big doubter and thought his stupidity would always hold him back. While he had some bad drops he still proved he was a huge playmaker that could stretch the field for us.

Biggest Disappointment - Bill Sheridan, the OL, the injuries, Brandon Jacobs and Osi
I had a lot of hope for Sheridan since he had 2 years to learn spags scheme and showed some very creative coverage packages that I thought he would meld with Spags' scheme. Boy was I wrong.
The OL got old quick, Seubert became mediocre, McKenzie was banged up and O'Hara really fell apart, the issues around them also made Snee and Diehl's jobs harder on them. Beatty looked great when he stepped in so our OL should improve a lot next season with Beatty at LT, Diehl at LG, Snee at RG and McKenzie battling Whimper for the RT job although C is still a concern.
The OL struggles also meant less holes for our running backs which made our running game much less dependable and worked with Jacobs' nagging injuries to make him significantly less effective. This should've meant a bigger opportunity for Ahmad Bradshaw, but he too was crushed by injuries as his ankles were beyond banged up add to this a pres-season season ending injury to Andre Brown and our running game was a huge disappointment. With these three healthy and shuffled OL one can only hope that the running game sets itself straight.
And our injuries were just crippling, Tuck spent all year with one shoulder which crippled his power rush, Osi was still recovering from his knee injury which made him ineffective against the run, we lost our second best DT (Jay Alford) before the season, Canty missed a lot of time, Boley missed a lot of time, Ross missed a lot of time, Webster missed time, Kenny P was lost for the season early and our only dependable cover safety Michael Johnson battled significant injury this season and that's just our D.

Best Rookie - Hakeem Nicks, WR
Beatty looked great when he got time and looks like a very good LT of the future as did Clint sintim who showed good pass rushing instincts and tenacity but it was Nicks who saw the most time and made the biggest impact. He showed he was a playmaker and a future star. Despite Smith and Mario's breakout seasons Nicks looks like he'll be our number one option going forward.

Underachieving Rookie - Ramses Barden
Brown was out all year with an injury while Barden and Beckum got redshirted. Beckum needed to get fully healthy and bulk up but BArden had the physical package to make an instant impact but couldn't get onto the active roster. I was a huge fan of his and still think he has phenomenal upside but not even getting into redzone packages is a little disappointing. We'll see what happens next season once Smith, Mario and Nicks are more settled in their roles and Barden has gotten to adjust to the NFL talent level.

Offensive MVP - Eli
he's the reason we even won 8 games, having a career year while playing through serious injuries again.

Defensive MVP - Corey Webster, Terrell Thomas?
No one has a good case on a D that got creamed time and time again, but Web was great early on before getting torched by VJax and getting banged up. Terrell Thomas kept progressing, filling different roles and making plays. With how weak we were at most other spots one of these two corners was probably our best defender this year but that is by default.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote