Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 01-12-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6-6 would actually be pretty decent for Minnesota considering how many underclassmen we'll be starting.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Smokey Joe
All-Pro

Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smokey Joe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Once again, NU gets no respect, even though the team really isn't losing anyone. Persa should pick up the slack at QB, Wootton didnt do much at NU outside of his Junior season, McManis was just decent, and Brewer and Zeke were solid, but NU has always produced solid collegiate recievers...

NU is only getting better, and once again, they are being predicted to finish in the bottom half of the Big Ten.

^Thanks to Eaglez.Fan for the sweet sig!

Smokey Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 03:31 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's probably more just by me. Northwestern has had a nice year the past 2 years, but they don't recruit well, and there just isn't enough of a track record for me to take them seriously. There isn't a huge gap in my mind between the 5-10 teams, but Northwestern is at the bottom for me.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
6-6 would actually be pretty decent for Minnesota considering how many underclassmen we'll be starting.
adam weber sucks, can we just start gray already?!?!?
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RufusMcDaniel View Post
Missing Woolfolk, who will be our "veteran" in the secondary. I sure hope Turner is as good as advertised.
****. I always forget someone. Put him in Floyd's spot. Still, he's not exactly Chuck Woodson (PBHN).
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 09:38 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I know Michigan fans think Ezeh sucks, but he was a big part of the team last year, which is why I listed him.
Depends on how you define "big part". He was a big part of missed tackles, blown assignments, horrible zone drops and the worst LB play I've ever seen at UM. He certainly wasn't good...ever.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:36 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ya know there is a very real possibility that OSU will have two freshman WRs this year on the field from PA both named Corey Brown, about the same size as well.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145...=1&nid=3721635
http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145...=1&nid=2628657
Old 01-13-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

Iowa is going to have three McMillan's next year on roster.

Treat, Steel..

Next year COULD, and it depends on a few things in the offseason, be the best year in Hawkeye history.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
ya know there is a very real possibility that OSU will have two freshman WRs this year on the field from PA both named Corey Brown, about the same size as well.

http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145...=1&nid=3721635
http://ohiostate.scout.com/a.z?s=145...=1&nid=2628657
When did they move the older Brown to WR? I thought he'd be a great CB. Isn't that fast, but awesome COD skills.
Old 01-13-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToldLikeItIs View Post
Iowa is going to have three McMillan's next year on roster.

Treat, Steel..

Next year COULD, and it depends on a few things in the offseason, be the best year in Hawkeye history.
Hate to rain on your parade, but don't you say that EVERY year?
Old 01-13-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs ToldLikeItIs

I said it this year. Next year we're going to be better.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
When did they move the older Brown to WR? I thought he'd be a great CB. Isn't that fast, but awesome COD skills.
and awesome ball skills. I think they just recently did it...as in he was playing corner in bowl practices. I always thought he'd be a great free safety myself, we'll see how long he stays at WR. He tore up the Hawaii-Mainland allstar game last year at cornerback, but he was very good in the AAA game in San Antonio at WR too.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:26 PM    (permalink
steelernation77
Veteran

steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.steelernation77 is so money.

Quote:
Hate to rain on your parade, but don't you say that EVERY year?
He said it before last year and it was one of the best years in Hawkeye history. Looking at what we had returning last year, I felt the same way. Everybody on this board called him a homer, and while this may be somewhat true, many of you are just haters.

Looking at Iowa's roster for next year, I can easily see a Big Ten championship and I think we should be in NC talk.
steelernation77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelernation77 View Post
He said it before last year and it was one of the best years in Hawkeye history. Looking at what we had returning last year, I felt the same way. Everybody on this board called him a homer, and while this may be somewhat true, many of you are just haters.

Looking at Iowa's roster for next year, I can easily see a Big Ten championship and I think we should be in NC talk.
I'm not hating on him, but I was just asking because I swear I've seen him say that a lot.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Ohio State moved it's season opener against Marshall to Thursday night...and all the fans are pissed.
Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
Ohio State moved it's season opener against Marshall to Thursday night...and all the fans are pissed.
I'm excited for that OSU-UMiami game next year.. should be an absolute dandy with 2 loaded teams facing each other.

Of course, I will get to see replays of "The Call" 150 times in the week leading to/during game.
Old 01-13-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Penn State's season might be long, but I think they'll end up winning 8 games. They'll have to rely on their running game a lot. The front 7 will be young, but could be very talented.
It'll be a rebuilding year, no doubt. I'm just hoping for a winning season and a solid bowl.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:11 AM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not hating on him, but I was just asking because I swear I've seen him say that a lot.
He says it every year.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 07:45 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ohio State WR/KR Lamarr Thomas transferred to New Mexico.

There were rumors circulating that his transfer was imminent due to lack of playing time.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He should transfer. He wasn't likely to see alot of time at receiver here ever. Theres so many young receivers on the roster in front of him.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:39 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

just not a natural receiver i guess considering he was a RB in high school. He has been the starting kick return man since he was a true freshman though, so there are a lot of guys who had a lot less PT than him. He should've redshirted in 2008 clearly.
Old 01-16-2010, 09:46 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

http://www.annarbor.com/sports/um-fo...aph-infection/

Quote:
The shoulder injury Michigan quarterback Tate Forcier played through last season was a slightly torn right labrum, a person familiar with the injury said Friday.

Forcier was diagnosed with the injury when he underwent an MRI while home for Christmas break. He’s rehabbing the shoulder now and doesn’t need surgery, and he’s also recovering from a staph infection in his right knee, the person said.

Continued...
Old 01-16-2010, 10:18 AM    (permalink
Silver & Blue
Veteran

Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Silver & Blue is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I read that earlier, that injury combined with his inexperience as a freshman is probably the reason he played as bad as he did in the second half of the season. Hopefully he is completely healed up when next season starts.
Silver & Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 11:13 AM    (permalink
cdmPSU17
Rookie

cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting spring game for PSU this year. If Paul Jones impresses the staff he could start at QB from day one. I'm not a huge fan of Kevin Newsome--he's a good runner but I'd rather see us try to take shots downfield with our tall receivers to open up the run game for Royster.

Penn State Dolphins Dodgers Wolves FC

cdmPSU17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thechad31790 View Post
Very interesting spring game for PSU this year. If Paul Jones impresses the staff he could start at QB from day one. I'm not a huge fan of Kevin Newsome--he's a good runner but I'd rather see us try to take shots downfield with our tall receivers to open up the run game for Royster.
Whoever the quarterback is, I bet we will see a heavy dose of Royster, Green, and whoever.