Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 10-15-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This isn't going to be a high-scoring game.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how many did michygen get at home against MSU? 17? I think Iowa's defense is better than Sparty's. They probably have the best defensive line in the country.
Old 10-16-2010, 08:12 AM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Regardless, Denard is still capable of going bananas and dropping 400-500 yards across the board, I think that cat can outscore anybody potentially. Still like Iowa though, think they will prevail one way or another.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 08:37 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks to the addition of the Alabama game, Michigan will visit Ohio State, Notre Dame, Nebraska and Alabama (basically) in 2012. Youch.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 09:59 AM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

stupid big ten teams and their easy schedules.
Old 10-16-2010, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now that's brutal.

Nebraskas schedule next year is a nice welcome to the Big Ten.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:07 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Now that's brutal.

Nebraskas schedule next year is a nice welcome to the Big Ten.
Yep, and it's so awesome listening/reading their fans ***** about how the Big Ten purposely wants to screw them.

And Sniper, how could you forget Michigan's toughest game in 2012? You guys have to go to Minnesota and face that brand new stadium.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
And Sniper, how could you forget Michigan's toughest game in 2012? You guys have to go to Minnesota and face that brand new stadium.
GO FIGHT WIN!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, he won't be around anymore? :(
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:17 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brian and Bob Griese doing the Gophers-Purdue game. What the the **** am I seeing
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
Brian and Bob Griese doing the Gophers-Purdue game. What the the **** am I seeing
Goofster's last game as a head coach? You should be enjoying this game.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-16-2010, 11:38 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm afraid Minnesota will win this game actually. It's why I wished I hadn't known that, because I can only half-heartedly enjoy it if we do.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2010, 11:40 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I'm afraid Minnesota will win this game actually. It's why I wished I hadn't known that, because I can only half-heartedly enjoy it if we do.
I agree with your earlier comment though, why Purdue? Why would they use Purdue as the barometer for keeping or firing him? If you want to get rid of him, do it.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-16-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They'll fire him either way, they just don't want to do it after a win.

Which is why they should have just fired him after Wisconsin.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:44 AM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If Purdue doesn't make a bowl game they should just have Ryan Kerrigan play a team by himself.

Nevermind, we aren't going to win, we're ******* terrible.

Old 10-16-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Gophers are going to be doomed for a long time. It all starts with establishing credibility in the recruiting game, which dip **** Brewster has promised the entire time he has been at the U and been unable to back up.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
The Gophers are going to be doomed for a long time. It all starts with establishing credibility in the recruiting game, which dip **** Brewster has promised the entire time he has been at the U and been unable to back up.
This makes no sense.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Quote:
This makes no sense.
My bad. I haven't been following the Gophers football team as much as I did during the Glen Mason days, but it seems to me when Brewster was brought in he talked about how great he was going to be in the recruiting game. I remember hearing that Brewster was supposed to be this awesome recruiter who would be able to keep the best prospects in state. I just thing that the foundation of a solid football program is the ability to recruit the best players. Maybe that will make it a little clearer, idk
Old 10-16-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Quote:
My bad. I haven't been following the Gophers football team as much as I did during the Glen Mason days, but it seems to me when Brewster was brought in he talked about how great he was going to be in the recruiting game. I remember hearing that Brewster was supposed to be this awesome recruiter who would be able to keep the best prospects in state. I just thing that the foundation of a solid football program is the ability to recruit the best players. Maybe that will make it a little clearer, idk
Brewster did a good job recruiting, he was just an absolutely clueless coach. That, and some of the 4-star recruits never showed up due to grades.

Minnesota's ability to recruit out of the gate probably depends on who they hire. I'm afraid that Joel Maturi is going to hire someone he's familiar with, like McCarney.

Either way, getting back to where Glen Mason was is a minimal expectation. Minnesota will never be consistently great because the local football isn't very good, but there's no reason they can't be much better than they are.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:09 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

At this point, I would like to congratulate Jason Ford on switching his commitment 2 years ago from Iowa to Illinois. Iowa has 1 healthy RB who is not a freshman, and you've been demoted to 3rd string at Illinois. Well played, my friend.

Ford has apparently been tweeting that he's upset about losing playing time and doesn't care anymore.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 10-16-2010, 12:15 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone heard anything about rumors of Mike Leach to the Gophers?
Old 10-16-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

There are a lot of rumors, but all of them are false.

Let's be real here:

Texas Tech, a school that hired Bobby Knight, fired Mike Leach. But Minnesota is going to hire him?

The four names I listed are probably the four guys they are going to focus on. My guess is that Troy Calhoun and Al Golden are the guys they'll go after first. If they both turn them down they'll go to McCarney and the Ole Miss o-coordinator. I hope so anyway, McCarney shouldn't be higher than 3rd on that list.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

WHAt ABOUT TONY DUNGY zOMG
Old 10-16-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

If Tony Dungy didn't have a reputation to defend I think he'd actually consider it.

But it's just way too damn risky. The only way he takes that job and succeeds is if they go to a Rose Bowl. Everything else would be considered a failure.

Old 10-16-2010, 12:29 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Tony Dungy didn't have a reputation to defend I think he'd actually consider it.

But it's just way too damn risky. The only way he takes that job and succeeds is if they go to a Rose Bowl. Everything else would be considered a failure.
I dunno, he could write some more books if he succeeds.
Old 10-16-2010, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon

Considering the team he would inherit, I would say he'd need at least 2-3 years to have any considerable success. Is Marquise Grey pretty much going to be the starting QB next year, or is he stuck at WR?