Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-13-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
Michigan
Who wants to sex Mutombo?
Pro Bowler

Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Michigan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
*scratches head*

There are no divisions in bastketball.
my bad. thanks for catching that.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

they should've split them geographically (OSU, PSU, UM, MSU, Indiana, and Purdue in the East; Nebraska, Iowa, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, and NW in the West) and the naming of the divisions would've been quite easy....the Big Ten East and West.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
is Leaders and Legends great? No. But I really hated the East-West crap... it's so meaningless anymore.

I was hoping for the Woody and Bo divisions, but whatever.

I'm excited for the Big Ten title game
what are we gonna call the other 2 divisions when we eventually go to a 16 team super league? "Losers" and "Ladies"? :D
Old 12-13-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
someone447
Pro Bowler

someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.someone447 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wisconsin and Minnesota are in separate divisions? They will still play every year, right?
Old 12-13-2010, 02:12 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone447 View Post
Wisconsin and Minnesota are in separate divisions? They will still play every year, right?
Yes. They are a protected cross over rivalry. Same as Iowa and Purdue...yep, huge rivals.

Also, Woody and Bo would have been dumb. Much better off naming a trophy after them. Division names should be logical, and not be named after people/have obscure names. Unfortunately, the Big Ten does not agree with logic.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa and Purdue will play for the Coach With A Wooden Personality Trophy.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:22 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
what are we gonna call the other 2 divisions when we eventually go to a 16 team super league? "Losers" and "Ladies"? :D
I think Big Ten expansion is over until Notre Dame comes aboard, so if you believe that is never gonna happen, then the Big Ten stays at 12
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Leaders and Legends? Ughhh why not just North/South or East/West or something like that?

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

******** names. I hate them.

I'd rather have seen sponsors names honestly and I hated that idea.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rotel and Barbasol divisions on the Big Ten Network brought to you by Rotel and Barbasol?

Old 12-13-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
Leaders and Legends? Ughhh why not just North/South or East/West or something like that?
Exactly. I don't care if geographically all the teams in the North weren't actually in the North, it's just a much better name. What the hell is that ****? Leaders and Legends, you've got to be kidding me. The trophy names are dumb as well. Stick to one name.
Quote:
The Rotel and Barbasol divisions on the Big Ten Network brought to you by Rotel and Barbasol?
I actually would like that better.
Old 12-13-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Delaney has got to be feeling very defensive right now. I love that part of it. The guy comes across way too smug for my liking.

This whole thing is just a joke. I absolutely cannot believe they put much money into this whole thing. Which is a shame, because it's an embarrassment for the conference.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

Everyone will call them East and West anyway, is what it is.

In other news, **** is apparently about to go down in Iowa. For reals.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

the Rotel division would be epic. People who never watch BTN wouldn't get it.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:02 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
Legend

I've never had Rotel but I now always crave it.

Old 12-13-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Everyone will call them East and West anyway, is what it is.

In other news, **** is apparently about to go down in Iowa. For reals.
Yup, rumors that DJK isn't the only one involved with that whole fiasco.

But as a preface, because I've already read it numerous times, I'm not going to care when Iowa gets made fun of because it'll be deserved, but please at least get some factual points correct, such as:

Brandon Wegher hasn't played all season. Not having him for the bowl game will not put us "down a man".

Jewell Hampton, as of right now, is on the team. He posted "Farewell" on his facebook, and came back saying it's a song since people got all uppity. Also, he was done for the year, so he too is not some new revelation that will miss our bowl game.

Outside of Clayborn's hardest hit of 2010, a slap/punch to a cab driver, Iowa hasn't had a serious arrest since like 2007. While not a great thing to be proud of, do not act like Iowa has yearly issues under Ferentz when he has had like 3 horrible years (if we include this year) in 12 years. Yes, it's not good, but we aren't talking Thug U here. Underage drinking, public intox, and DUI (while the latter 2 are just dumb and I don't condone) are not serious crimes. They make up like 75% of Iowa arrests under Ferentz.

And finally, it's Iowa. What the **** else do you expect college kids to do in that hell hole of a state?

(Iowa City is actually fun, and yes, there's things to do besides being dumbasses and what not. Iowa just sucks as a state.)

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Commense ridiculing.

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-13-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I think Big Ten expansion is over until Notre Dame comes aboard, so if you believe that is never gonna happen, then the Big Ten stays at 12
a lot of people think that before long there will be 4 super-conferences, likely a Pac Ten super conference, a Big Ten super conference, an SEC super conference, and a Big Twelve Super conference with the ACC, Big East, Mtn West, Conference USA, etc. splitting up their best teams to join them. I think they are referenced in the book of Revelation somewhere after the 7th Seal is broken.
Old 12-13-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
I've never had Rotel but I now always crave it.
Big Ten idiocy aside, I still believe that they had to know how Hass Avacadoes would sound and that's why they chose them as a sponsor.

Either that, or they are so dumb they didn't realize it and probably still don't realize it, and think people actually like Hass Avacadoes.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-13-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by keylime_5 View Post
a lot of people think that before long there will be 4 super-conferences, likely a Pac Ten super conference, a Big Ten super conference, an SEC super conference, and a Big Twelve Super conference with the ACC, Big East, Mtn West, Conference USA, etc. splitting up their best teams to join them. I think they are referenced in the book of Revelation somewhere after the 7th Seal is broken.
And that may happen, but at least for now, the Big Ten has ended their investigation into expansion.

The Big East seems to have staved off death for the moment with the addition of TCU
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
JoeJoeBrown
Pro Bowler

JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeJoeBrown is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post
Yup, rumors that DJK isn't the only one involved with that whole fiasco.

But as a preface, because I've already read it numerous times, I'm not going to care when Iowa gets made fun of because it'll be deserved, but please at least get some factual points correct, such as:

Brandon Wegher hasn't played all season. Not having him for the bowl game will not put us "down a man".

Jewell Hampton, as of right now, is on the team. He posted "Farewell" on his facebook, and came back saying it's a song since people got all uppity. Also, he was done for the year, so he too is not some new revelation that will miss our bowl game.

Outside of Clayborn's hardest hit of 2010, a slap/punch to a cab driver, Iowa hasn't had a serious arrest since like 2007. While not a great thing to be proud of, do not act like Iowa has yearly issues under Ferentz when he has had like 3 horrible years (if we include this year) in 12 years. Yes, it's not good, but we aren't talking Thug U here. Underage drinking, public intox, and DUI (while the latter 2 are just dumb and I don't condone) are not serious crimes. They make up like 75% of Iowa arrests under Ferentz.

And finally, it's Iowa. What the **** else do you expect college kids to do in that hell hole of a state?

(Iowa City is actually fun, and yes, there's things to do besides being dumbasses and what not. Iowa just sucks as a state.)

Thank you in advance for your cooperation. Commense ridiculing.
I think it's all more of the recruiting problem that Ferentz has to deal with. He either has to cherry pick marginal athletes or cherry pick marginal character kids that are good athletes. It's a product of being in Iowa.

He has to recruit nationally, and in doing so, he is competing against Nebraska and Notre Dame in the midwest.

Anyways, the end result is that there are a lot of kids with the potential to be real knuckleheads in his program. And sometimes the thugish element takes over instead of those with a better set of moral fortitude.

I don't think it damns Ferentz or the program, except that maybe he needs a bit more policing of his players like what some of the bigger programs like OSU do. Basically there are babysitters out there that check class participation and basically make sure that the players don't get into too much trouble. Obviously there will always be some idiots, but efforts like that marginalize the idiots vs letting situations escalate like what is happening at Iowa right now.
JoeJoeBrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJoeBrown View Post
I think it's all more of the recruiting problem that Ferentz has to deal with. He either has to cherry pick marginal athletes or cherry pick marginal character kids that are good athletes. It's a product of being in Iowa.

He has to recruit nationally, and in doing so, he is competing against Nebraska and Notre Dame in the midwest.

Anyways, the end result is that there are a lot of kids with the potential to be real knuckleheads in his program. And sometimes the thugish element takes over instead of those with a better set of moral fortitude.

I don't think it damns Ferentz or the program, except that maybe he needs a bit more policing of his players like what some of the bigger programs like OSU do. Basically there are babysitters out there that check class participation and basically make sure that the players don't get into too much trouble. Obviously there will always be some idiots, but efforts like that marginalize the idiots vs letting situations escalate like what is happening at Iowa right now.
Yea, and it's basically looking like a pattern of 3-4 years of no problems or minimal problems, then a huge fiasco, then a couple years of nothing, then a huge fiasco.

Obviously you can't expect a coach/coaches to babysit 18-22 year olds 24/7, but we actually just created a Life Coach position or something for this reason. That, and there's no excuse for a team this laden with Seniors and Juniors to have no upperclassmen leadership. It's really just getting embarrassing.

I love Ferentz despite his lapses this season, and I do think he's a perfect fit for Iowa. But he's too laid back. We need some sort of hard ass coach to keep kids in line, both on and off the field.

And like I said, I don't care if the program gets ripped for this, as of right now it's deserved. I just want people to get their sources of info for making fun of the program correct because it's annoying when people reference 3-4 years ago and how it is the same as the DJK situation and whatever results from it, when Ferentz has actually had more good years than bad with regards to off the field issues. Or the fact that players who weren't contributing anyways are all of a sudden going to hurt our play on the field in the bowl game or immediate future.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-13-2010, 04:15 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So apparently everything started with Vegas taking the Insight Bowl off the table, which many are taking as a sign of big news that will have a dramatic effect on the game.

Well, technically it all started with the DJK thing. The rumors are that the team was going to drug test all the players. Unclear, but some rumors say some kids refused and are going to be suspended from the team, and others say they failed and will be suspended. The number that seems to be the center of it all is 11 players suspended for at least the bowl game. Lots of people saying Hampton is gone (don't know if it's for this) and that Adam Robinson supposedly told the staff he's used drugs and has been suspended. Also rumored Marvin McNutt and WR Keenan Davis.

But again, these are all just rumors, but who knows what will come out of it. It could be people just throwing our best players (on offense anyways) names out there.

Oh, and to add to my previous posts (this is mainly what I've read from Iowa St. fans) but this huge fiasco isn't anywhere near the size of SMU, or even UNC this year. Iowa will not get any kind of ban hammer or huge penalties. Yes, some of it like what DJK did was bad, but if all this is from players failing drug tests or that type of thing, that's not a ridiculous punishable offense.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver

Last edited by iowatreat54 : 12-13-2010 at 04:18 PM.
Old 12-13-2010, 05:02 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really hate the division names and the new logo. I thought the ACC had crappy division names but this just takes the cake here.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 06:13 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Adam Robinson suspended at least for the bowl game and his status will be re-evaluated in the spring.

Jewell Hampton is transferring.

Press conference for Ferentz and our AD tomorrow at 11 to answer questions and possibly disclose any more info.

On the plus side, we now have like 2 RBs, so Rodney Coe could see some huge minutes as a true freshman. :)

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-14-2010, 10:43 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

So Iowa holds a press conference...

First to say Hampton is transferring and Adam Robinson is suspended for the bowl game, neither for drugs. Robinson is apparently failing a class, which is why he missed the 1st quarter/half vs. OSU I think.

Second to address how ridiculous all the rumors are. There was no mass drug test, players didn't refuse, players didn't fail, etc. They do have a drug testing system in place that they perform each year, and if a player refuses it's seen as an automatic positive and he has to go to counseling, but depending on the situation won't necessarily be automatically suspended.

Finally, from what has been gathered and what they've been told, as of right now they do not expect any other player involvement stemming from the DJK circus.

Also, Ferentz hates social networking and how ridiculous rumors spread. Apparently reporters and what not were calling the families of players based only on rumors of certain names being thrown out there.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver