Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > College Football

College Football Discuss College Football

Old 12-28-2010, 11:59 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dungy has said no to every job that's come up, unwaveringly. I think he's done, at least for a few years. And if he does come back, I could see it being in a role similar to Bill Parcells or Mike Holmgren in their most recent jobs in a "football czar" kind of role.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:31 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think Dungy would be as "good" a recruiter as some of those SEC scumbags because he wouldn't negative recruit, like Jim Tressel and Mack Brown, so he'd lose out on a all of the Sharrif Floyds and Seantrel Hendersons of the world. (:
Old 12-28-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Iowa RB Adam Robinson is apparently not content enough with his suspension, so he tackled on a possession of marijuana charge for good measure.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/bowls1...ory?id=5963013

Quote:
Iowa running back Adam Robinson has been charged with possession of marijuana, putting his career with the Hawkeyes in jeopardy.

The Iowa State Patrol says Robinson was a passenger in a vehicle pulled over Monday night in Des Moines, Robinson's hometown. Police stopped the vehicle for not having front plates.

Police say a trooper detected a marijuana odor from the vehicle, then found marijuana after a search.

Robinson was released with a promise to appear in court Jan. 5. The driver was charged with possession with intent to deliver marijuana.

Continued...
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Doesn't sound like they only had a gram on them then if the driver is getting charged with intent to deliver.

Have it your way, with BK (BoneKrusher)
BuckeyeDan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if they have a small amount, they can get charged with intent to deliver if they said the wrong thing to the cops or they had it cut into different bags. They could have had around an oz, deciminalized in many states, and face these charges.

Don't these players face drug tests? Seems like a lot of them still get to do plenty of drugs.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckeyeDan17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Either way, I'd never drive around with an amount I couldn't immediately eat. Just saying. I'm sure intent to deliver will get pleaded down to a misdameanor possession charge depending on his priors or lack there of. Either way, when it comes down to it, with so much to lose, you shouldn't be driving around with weed.

Smoke the **** in your living room dude. Goddamn. I pulled it off in my freaking dorm with strict RAs for an entire year.

Last edited by BuckeyeDan17 : 12-28-2010 at 02:08 PM. Reason: grammatical error
Old 12-28-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

On one hand, I want to be upset with these kids who do dumb things to jeopardize their football futures.....but on the other, I did my fair share of dumb **** in college....I just didn't get caught.

If it only takes an ounce to get hit with intent to deliver....well ****, I'd have been in a lot of trouble if I were ever caught. My sophomore year, my roommate and I used to buy that much every other week or so just for our own use.

But then again, I wasn't a scholarship athlete on a highly regarded team.
Old 12-28-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As long as its not cut up into different bags an oz is fine in most states. Typically a quarter pound is the amount needed for intent, unless the situation is enough to show intent.

Old 12-28-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
cdmPSU17
Rookie

cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cdmPSU17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys the marijuana legality thread is that-a-way.

Let's keep this on old coaches not retiring and bowl games, shall we?

/not sure if there actually is a marijuana legality thread

Penn State Dolphins Dodgers Wolves FC

cdmPSU17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey Rodney Coe, congrats on picking the right school to split carries as a true freshman!!

Seriously though, the rumor is Robinson was suspended in the first place because he basically stopped going to class. I mean, it's one thing to fail when you go to class, but to just not go to class...how do you think that will end well?

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 09:54 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder how anyone will be able to buy drugs in Iowa City tonight. All the dealers are out of town.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:59 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, it's time for 2nd Christmas:

Yup, that's a MSU billboard in Detroit...

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-28-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can imagine what the Billboard would have looked like in Madison if MSU went to the Rose Bowl instead: "Iowa 50bajillion, Michigan State 7."
Old 12-29-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Merry Christmas Big Ten.

Let's try to make this more like 2009-10 bowl season and less like 2008-09 bowl season plz.

Let's run the table guys, and if we have to lose a game, lets make it be to Baylor.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Old 12-29-2010, 02:14 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I can't see MSU beating Alabama. PSU over Florida is doable, OSU has a close game, god knows how the players will respond to everything, Wisconsin and TCU is huge for the conference.

Nice win for Iowa over a team ranked much higher.

Old 12-30-2010, 01:09 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm really curious as to how the legion of Rich Rodriguez supporters will react if he is fired next week. Will they throw all of their support behind the new coach, like they've been saying everyone should be doing to Rod, or will they be bitter? I know at least one Michigan "fan" on one of the boards said he hopes Rod has success at his next stop before Michigan's new coach has success. You know it's gotten BAD when some people have put their Michigan fandom below their Rich Rodriguez fandom.

Fwiw, Schefter said today that people the league (NFL) all think Harbaugh is going to U-M to replace Rodriguez. That's the second time this week that his sources have told him Harbaugh to Michigan.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I'm really curious as to how the legion of Rich Rodriguez supporters will react if he is fired next week. Will they throw all of their support behind the new coach, like they've been saying everyone should be doing to Rod, or will they be bitter? I know at least one Michigan "fan" on one of the boards said he hopes Rod has success at his next stop before Michigan's new coach has success. You know it's gotten BAD when some people have put their Michigan fandom below their Rich Rodriguez fandom.

Fwiw, Schefter said today that people the league (NFL) all think Harbaugh is going to U-M to replace Rodriguez. That's the second time this week that his sources have told him Harbaugh to Michigan.
Seems like a slam dunk. I have a hard time believing any real UM fan wouldn't be happy to have Harbaugh regardless of their feelings toward Rich Rod.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Harbaugh would undo all the good that Lloyd Carr's last couple years and RR have worked so hard to establish. It will be a sad day when that move is made.

Don't you guys want Les Miles instead? He's awesome.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

tOsu guys will you be cheering for Michigan in their bowl game? My friend is a big time tOsu homer but says he would rather have Michigan win than the SEC.

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:25 PM    (permalink
HindSight
Veteran

HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HindSight is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'll be cheering for Michigan so their AD realizes what a genius he has as a head coach.
HindSight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

I always root for all the Big Ten teams to win their bowls, though I am never sad to see Michigan lose. Only time I don't root for Michigan in bowls usually, there are some exceptions, is if they're playing for a national title. Really I'm not rooting for Michigan to win, I rooting for their opponents to not win. Very mixed emotions when watching scUM in bowl games.
Old 12-30-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm glad to find out someone else can see that we're actually Oregon, just with not as good of a defense. With a new defensive coordinator next year, that will be us in the National Championship game.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

if only they had Oregon's schedule it would all make sense.
Old 12-30-2010, 04:36 PM    (permalink
BuckeyeDan17
Pro Bowler

Yeah, **** the SEC, I've no problem cheering for the dude who can't tie his shoes.

Old 12-30-2010, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tate Forcier is ineligible for the Gator Bowl.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote