Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-12-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Charles Woodson Wins Defensive Player of the Year!

Breaking News:

Woodson gets 28 votes with Revis in 2nd place with 14 votes.

If this vote was taken today after the wild card results - and not at the end of the reg season - I wonder if the result would have been reversed?
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yay! way to go Chuck!

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Breaking News:

Woodson gets 28 votes with Revis in 2nd place with 14 votes.

If this vote was taken today after the wild card results - and not at the end of the reg season - I wonder if the result would have been reversed?
Because Larry Fitzgerald was allowed to get away with pass interference? Doubtful.

Praise Him!
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even though it was pass interference he still got bullied and it was hilarious. Anyway I am happy he got it. He deserved it as much as anyone. I wouldn't of been mad if Revis won it but my vote would of went to Woodson.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:47 AM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well-deserved and a bit overdue. Nice to see the cornerbacks getting some love in the DPOY votes.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the guy I wanted to win the award. Woodson was just such an all-round threat this year. Int's, TD's, FF's, TFL and tons of splash plays.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great season by CWood... I'm glad to see he won the award and it was well deserved.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:51 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Amazing season, congrats.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great year...
Old 01-12-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
lordquas
Veteran

lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas lordquas

im glad for woodson, he's 1 of my favorite players all time.
BUT
he did play like **** in the playoffs.
I think he fell down over 20 times... but whatever.

congratulations #21

Go Celtics
Go Irish
Go Ravens
lordquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

So happy to see Woodson having a great year. I'm sure people know about him donating 2 million dollars to the Michigan Motts Children's hospital also. Really a class act.

I actually didn't get to see many of his games this year though, maybe at most 3. But looking at the schedule of teams GB has played this year, I don't believe the competition he faced was nearly as good as the type of players Revis was defending. Correct me if that is not accurate, again, I only saw a few games, including GB postseason game.

I will say that watching the Colts-Jets game, it looked to me like Wayne was really getting great separation on Revis, but Manning overthrew him a bunch of times. Also Wayne only played a half, so I don't really agree with his name being up there as a WR Revis shut down.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Woodson is just the 5th cornerback to win the DPOY award. The others are Mel Blount, Lester Hayes, Rod Woodson and Deion Sanders. Blount and Woodson are HOFers, Deion is a lock for 2011 and Hayes has been a finalist in the past. Woodson will soon be a 6 time Pro Bowler and a lock to be a 4 time All-Pro. He currently has 1 1st team All-Pro and two 2nd team All-Pros. Add on this award today joining some illustrious names from the past and he will certainly get strong consideration for Canton.

Woodson's career revival in Green Bay has been amazing. He had an excellent start in Oakland with 4 Pro Bowls in his first 4 years and the Defensive Rookie of the Year, but tailed off between 2002-05.

In 8 yrs with the Raiders Woodson had 17 INTs and 2 TD returns. In just 4 yrs with the Packers he has 28 INTs and 7 TD returns.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
AlexDown
Pro Bowler

AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.AlexDown could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
In just 4 yrs with the Packers he has 28 INTs and 7 TD returns.
Ridiculous....
Old 01-12-2010, 11:08 AM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordquas View Post
im glad for woodson, he's 1 of my favorite players all time.
BUT
he did play like **** in the playoffs.
I think he fell down over 20 times... but whatever.

congratulations #21
He was playing with a hurt shoulder half the year and reaggrivated it the last game of the season. How many penalties did Revis committ in their wild card game?

Both guys were well deserving of winnning. Woodson is asked to do so much in our defense. He plays man to man, zone, blitzes, covers TEs, and plays safety at times too. Not alot of teams ask that our of their best CB.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
CLong4Heisman
Veteran

CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CLong4Heisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the same number of touchdowns he gave up all season. 2.
CLong4Heisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Because Larry Fitzgerald was allowed to get away with pass interference? Doubtful.

!
No, but physicality is part of his game and it's not necessarily a resounding endorsement when you're part of a defense that lays down for 45 points in regulation during a playoff game.

I think it definitely would have swayed votes, but he probably would have still, and deservingly so, won the award. He had a great year and unlike Revis, doesn't have too many more to get these types of accolades. Revis, who also had a DPOY-worthy year, will have his time. First comes recognition than come the awards. Cwood played out of his mind and I love not only what type of player he is, but also as a person. (The aforementioned $2 million donation...just classy)

As much as I wanted Revis to win it, I'm quasi-happy that he did not. I personally cannot wait to see how he plays this Sunday with a huge chip on his shoulder...he's gonna be playing angry.

Congrats to all the Packers fans...hell of a player and hell of a year.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
BroadwayJoe10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats. Well deserved. I've slowly shifted from hate to respect for Woodson. He made my life miserable one day a year, for a few years there back in grade school. Growing up in Toledo on the Ohio/Mich border, almost all of my friends were Michigan fans. I freaking hated him back then. But anyways, he's a great player, had a great year, and seems to be a great person too. I'm happy for him.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.BroadwayJoe10 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvv84 View Post
He was playing with a hurt shoulder half the year and reaggrivated it the last game of the season. How many penalties did Revis committ in their wild card game?

Both guys were well deserving of winnning. Woodson is asked to do so much in our defense. He plays man to man, zone, blitzes, covers TEs, and plays safety at times too. Not alot of teams ask that our of their best CB.
It would be three; 1 PI, which should have been OPI and 2 illegal contacts, which were bogus. But how many tds did Woodson allow?? Yes they should have been OPI, so it's a blown call either way...that argument doesn't hold water.

Also, Revis could have been moved around more to different positions, but why ever take him off of a #1 WR?? And in doing so, it allows us to move other players to different positions, schemes and run different blitz packages. Thus, he may not be moving himself, but he helps other players moved around...gotta look at it that way too.

But this isn't a debate about who was more deserving, I'm not gonna detract from the accolade that Cwood more than deserves to win. Hell of a year and hopefully he can keep it up in the next couple of years, because with Rodgers and that receiving core, they're gonna be good for a while.

"When it's third and ten, you can take the milk drinkers and I'll take the whiskey drinkers every time."
Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hell yes! i love me some woodson!! congrats to him. he is very well deserving.

Old 01-12-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

Woodson was also the first player ever to win Defensive Player of the Month 3 times in the same season. The only Offensive Player ever to match that was Barry Sanders in 1997.
Old 01-12-2010, 11:28 AM    (permalink
ThePudge
Pro Bowler

ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ThePudge is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Both great options. Top 5 defenses which would struggle to crack the Top 15 without Woodson/Revis. Personally I respect what Revis does to opposing offenses more. He's a pure cover corner, physcial, just a lockdown defender. He plays aggressively and physically, and as gotten called for that, but the 35 and under club is unparalleled.

Holding Randy Moss (x2), Chad Ochocinco (x2), Terrell Owens (x2), Reggie Wayne, Steve Smith, Andre Johnson, and Roddy White under 35 yards is simply incredible. He had what I think was the top defensive year out of any corner I've seen and he influenced the way offense's played and game-planned in a very big way. It's become a passing league, and Darrelle Revis has the ability to take your best receiving option out of the game completely. Vincent Jackson will be another interesting target, and if he can be taken away completely, that Jets defense may have a shot at shutting down Phillip Rivers. He shuts down sides of the field at a time, and god forbid you do throw at him.... he was a very good PR in college, and is still very good with the ball in his hands, averaging 20 yards per return on his 6 ints with 1 Td. Just not smart to throw his way. In today's game shutdown corners are at a premium and Revis may be the best one I've seen....

Woodson is the playmaker. He's versatile, he's electric, and well...he makes plays. His flexibility as a player, and ability to turn the field around on teams really sparked this defense. He was the life and spirit of the Packers D, and led by example. I'm not mad about him receiving the award, as I honestly don't think the Packers are an 8-8 team without him (sorry fans - that said, I think the Bengals are a 4-12 team without Hall/Joseph)

big props to BoneKrusher for the sig & avatar
- For daily NFL draft coverage:
www.twitter.com/ryanlownes
ThePudge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
fear the elf
Veteran

fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fear the elf is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just remembered he was drafted by the Raiders. How sick would a secondary with him and Nnamdi be? Not that it would help with the FO in the shape it's in.
fear the elf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i dont mean to be a debbie downer, but i really hate charles woodsen. he is a good player, but he is a hack. he gets away with more **** than any other player. and now everyone is going to scream and shout and disagree with me, but i dont give a ****. i hate chuck.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:34 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tell us how you really feel, Prock..

This is long overdue. Congrats to him. Well deserved.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
BroadwayJoe10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
i dont mean to be a debbie downer, but i really hate charles woodsen. he is a good player, but he is a hack. he gets away with more **** than any other player. and now everyone is going to scream and shout and disagree with me, but i dont give a ****. i hate chuck.
I just like how you rhymed there at the end...that just can't be taught.