Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Best of the three?
Ronnie Brown 48 72.73%
Cadilac Williams 1 1.52%
Cedric Benson 17 25.76%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-12-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
amir7
Rookie

amir7 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.
Default 2005 HB Draft Class

Before the '05 draft, there was a lot of debate about Ronnie Brown, Cadillac Williams, and Cedric Benson. It's been almost 5 years, which of the three do you think is the best overall back?
Old 01-12-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Benson no homer.

seriously though, Ronnie Brown is the most talented in my opinion, but injuries are a concern for sure.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

bad knees benson better than ronnie? no sirrrr
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
phlysac
All-Pro

phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.phlysac is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Considering injuries? or just on 5 years of performance?

On talent alone, not performance...

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Cadillac Williams
3. Cedric Benson

Over 5 years I think it was...

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Cadillac Williams
3. Cedric Benson

Without injuries I think it would've been...

1. Cadillac Williams
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Cedric Benson

Goin forward I think it will be...

1. Cedric Benson
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Cadillac Williams
Old 01-12-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
bad knees benson better than ronnie? no sirrrr
Ronnie has lost two seasons to leg injuries himself.

This whole class has been knicked up quite a bit but each of them have also turned in productive seasons. I guess it remains to be seen. Can I choose Sproles?
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This has been a topsy-turvy group of three.

Caddy burst onto the scene as the offensive rookie of the year but after that blew out both knees. As far as I am concerned he has done tremendously to come back from these injuries and did a good enough job this year that he earned a number of votes in the comeback player of the year.

Ronnie Brown is easily the most talented, but like Caddy he seems to get injured just about every season at some point.

Benson is an odd one. Was terrible with the Bears and is all of a sudden a top 10 back. Not really sure what the go is with that.

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Shahin
Veteran

Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shahin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Before that draft, Benson was my favorite. Now with his emergence, I gotta stick with him. I really like Caddy as well but injuries ****** him.

RIP ST
Shahin is offline   Reply With Quote
Malaka
Thinking of Juan
Pro Bowler

Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Malaka is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore. Out of those three I voted Benson, in a what have you done for me lately kinda way.

Bone Krusher, the best
Malaka is offline   Reply With Quote
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Ronnie has lost two seasons to leg injuries himself.

This whole class has been knicked up quite a bit but each of them have also turned in productive seasons. I guess it remains to be seen. Can I choose Sproles?
yeah all of these players have had serious injury problems, so i dont think it is fair to chide ronnie for having knee injuries. i think people just think ced ben because he most recently put together a solid campaign. ronnie brown is far and away a better back than bad knees benson when healthy, though, IMO. ps- ronnie brown killed my fantasy season by getting hurt. but he didnt kill it as much as steve slaton, that bastard!
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Going forward, Benson. His years in Chicago will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, as it should extend his career (unless Cinci runs him into the ground within two years like they did to Rudi Johnson).
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:55 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Cadillac Williams
3. Cedric Benson

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Cadillac Williams
3. Cedric Benson

1. Cadillac Williams
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Cedric Benson

1. Cedric Benson
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Cadillac Williams
+rep, I agree with all of that. I have nothing to add, especially if Caddy is stuck in Tampa.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:57 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

ummmmm....GORE.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 03:58 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
+rep, I agree with all of that. I have nothing to add, especially if Caddy is stuck in Tampa.
up to this point the Caddy's biggest problem isn't being stuck in tampa: it's his knees.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have to go with Ronnie Brown although Benson is a close second and Cadillac could re-emerge with a different team.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:27 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Frank Gore plz.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

out of the three there was speculation that chicago didnt like benson, and he was given the short end of the stick and kindof a scapegoat, but he looks like he saved his career in cincy.

Ronnie and Caddy both couldve been so good had it not been that they are so injury prone

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
This has been a topsy-turvy group of three.

Caddy burst onto the scene as the offensive rookie of the year but after that blew out both knees. As far as I am concerned he has done tremendously to come back from these injuries and did a good enough job this year that he earned a number of votes in the comeback player of the year.

Ronnie Brown is easily the most talented, but like Caddy he seems to get injured just about every season at some point.

Benson is an odd one. Was terrible with the Bears and is all of a sudden a top 10 back. Not really sure what the go is with that.
Ask Thomas Jones. Took Thomas a good 5-6 years to break out as well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
kiranadwaney
Rookie

kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kiranadwaney is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ronnie Brown the dude runs the wild cat so well, he is the whole of the dolphins offense. Just a shame he get injured so often.
Old 01-12-2010, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Going forward, Benson. His years in Chicago will turn out to be a blessing in disguise, as it should extend his career (unless Cinci runs him into the ground within two years like they did to Rudi Johnson).
Johnson was actually good for us for 4 years though (one of those years he split carries with Corey Dillon, which is what lead to us dropping Dillon in favor of Johnson).
Old 01-12-2010, 05:38 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could def. see Benson going the way of Rudi. The Bengals use them in the same way. He had 6 games with 27+ carries this year and a couple 35+ games. That's a lot of wear. Just going to shorten his career in the long run. He would have easily lead the league in carries if he didnt miss a couple of games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I could def. see Benson going the way of Rudi. The Bengals use them in the same way. He had 6 games with 27+ carries this year and a couple 35+ games. That's a lot of wear. Just going to shorten his career in the long run. He would have easily lead the league in carries if he didnt miss a couple of games.
That's how Marvin runs his offense, so yea, he likely will get "run into the ground". But as far as this year goes specifically, a lot of those 30+ carries were because we didn't have any other option.

I specifically remember the Bears game, being up 35-10 at one point, and Benson was still taking every snap because Scott and Leonard were both hurt. No one minded because Benson got to tear his old team up, but that is not the reason why he was in there so long.

Even so though, he did end up 6th total on carries after missing several games, so I definitely don't disagree that Marvin will work him over the next 2-3 years.
Old 01-12-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What a RB draft:
Benson, Ronnie, Caddy, Jacobs, MBIII, Gore, Sproles.

Hell even Morency and JJ Arrington have had some glory moments in the NFL
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 06:48 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phlysac View Post

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Cadillac Williams
3. Cedric Benson

1. Ronnie Brown
2. Cadillac Williams
3. Cedric Benson

1. Cadillac Williams
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Cedric Benson

1. Cedric Benson
2. Ronnie Brown
3. Cadillac Williams
I agree with all of that. Nice job.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:00 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can argue it all three ways. I voted for Brown, because he has been the most consistent over the years. Cadillac has been an "in and out" player. What I mean by that is he has his bright moments, but he also has his stupid ones. Cedric Benson had his break out year this year. So they only have him for about 5 more years at best.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Strictly talent wise, I think Caddy and Ronnie were equal in that regards, once the injuries started piling up for Caddy he wasn't the same, but initially they were both explosive. Now you just see that type of Caddy in spurts, Brown can sustain that level much longer but why does it always seem like he's out for the season come November? He's just as injury prone as Caddy.

Benson is really just starting his career now, and which is funny because for the slow start he looked better then both guys this year, so it's hard to make something out of all 3. None were in retrospect worth picks that high at all, which it's been much tougher to take a RB that high lately also.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote