Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 01-13-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
you're being sarcastic, right?
No I don't think they will be the #1 defense..... maybe somewhere around 10-15 though if they can stay healthy.
cotts1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotts1 View Post
No I don't think they will be the #1 defense..... maybe somewhere around 10-15 though if they can stay healthy.
with a bunch of rookies? In a division that includes the Vikings and the Packers?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 04:46 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
In more draft-related subjects: let's say round three comes around and Dunlap is still available, what do we do?

Yes! Assuming Dunlap got information that he would be a top 20 pick to come out as a junior, maybe dropping to pick #66 would light the fire under is a$$ that would make him play every down and grown up. Maybe.

Quote:
Do you think people in Miami thought the Dolphins would go from 5-11 to 11-5? Remember, Matt Millen is no longer associated with this franchise......Mayhew and Schwartz know what they are doing.....The Lions can win 8 games next year with some good FA signings and a good draft.
Actually yes I do cotts. The Dolphins went from 1-15 in 2007 (an anomaly by the way) to 11-5 in 2008, great 1 season turn around. But to proove my point that this is a bad comparison to the Lions chances let me throw this out. Bookend the Fins 2 seasons above with a 2006 of 9-7 under Saban & a 7-9 season this year under Sparano and your point has holes like swiss cheese. Clearly a bad example b/c this team had 1 awful year in the past 4 seasons, were 3 of those years they were in or near the playoffs. Detroit on the other hand, has had 1 decent year (2007 going 7-9) over the past decade! Do I have to list all the awful records?
Yes, Millen is gone & I agree that Schwartz/Mayhew may indeed "know what they are doing", but the rotted core of a roster from his 8 years of incompetence is still rampant! We drafted talent this year,yes ... kudos, great start. But should 6 or 7 rookies really start on a respectable professional sports franchise? No way.

I like your enthusiasm however, for winning now. We all want that in this forum, sometimes I think more than the front office!

Last edited by SINCE1978 : 01-13-2010 at 04:52 PM.
SINCE1978 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:07 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cotts1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lol yea it was 1-15, dunno why i was thinking 5-11.....anyway, my point is things can change quick. The Phins were an exception not the rule, but with a good draft and FA signings I think we can be a 6-8 win team.

You can't really compare starting rookies in the NFL with the other sports due to the large difference in roster numbers and the number of injuries incurred throughout a NFL season. That said, 7 rookie starters is too many, but we won't have 7 rookies starting for us....maybe 3-4 though.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Not sure why....all the guy does is make plays....
We have a lot bigger needs than a 2 down defensive linemen in the second.
Old 01-13-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol yea it was 1-15, dunno why i was thinking 5-11.....anyway, my point is things can change quick. The Phins were an exception not the rule, but with a good draft and FA signings I think we can be a 6-8 win team.

You can't really compare starting rookies in the NFL with the other sports due to the large difference in roster numbers and the number of injuries incurred throughout a NFL season. That said, 7 rookie starters is too many, but we won't have 7 rookies starting for us....maybe 3-4 though.
I suppose in a perfect world that could happen. But to be honest I'd rather build the lions slowly and make them contenders on a more durable level.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 01-13-2010, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I made 3 scenarios based off who are 1st pick is.

No free agents yet, mainly because we have no idea what is happening with the CBA.

Scenario A:
1- N. Suh DT
2- J. Best RB
3- T. Lindley CB
4- M. Johnson LB
5- B. Deaderick DE

Scenario B:
1- E. Berry CB/S
2- G. Hardy DE
3- L. Houston DT/DE
4- S. Render G
5- J. James RB

Scenario C:
1- G. McCoy DT
2- M. Iupati G
3- J. Arenas CB
4- M. Wright S
5- D. Briscoe WR

Thats it for now, I wanted to do something a little different and at this point I would be happy with just about any of those scenarios. Also it is my own personal feeling that with any of these scenarios in the first two rounds you are getting one of the top two players at their position in the draft.

Last edited by DoWnThEfiElD : 01-13-2010 at 06:51 PM.
DoWnThEfiElD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not going to fall folly to the pipe dream of FA. so here is what I see in the draft.

1. Suh else Okung - The one thing I've seen out of this FO is that it will take a #1 of the position if available. While yes Berry is the best available at his position I don't hink Ko Simpson is that bad at the SS position or at least not as bad as our starting UT, CBs, or LT. Yes, I did see what the OL Coach and OC said about Backus but I'm not buying it.

2. Kyle Wilson CB

3. George Selvie - Big pipe dream for me because I really like Selvie even more so than Brandon Grahm.

4. Mike Johnson OG Alabama - OGs usually drop like rocks unless they have aspirations of being an OT like in the case with Brandon Albert. Last year Duke Robinson everyone's top OG plumited to the 6th round. Max Jean Gillis dropped far as well when he came out.

5. Jacoby Ford WR - We need a new return threat and lets hope that Ford fills that gap.

6. Walter McFadden -I liked what I saw from him in the bowl game I don't even know if he will be here in the 6th

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoWnThEfiElD View Post

Scenario C:
1- G. McCoy DT
2- M. Iupati G
3- J. Arenas CB
4- M. Wright S
5- D. Briscoe WR

Thats it for now, I wanted to do something a little different and at this point I would be happy with just about any of those scenarios. Also it is my own personal feeling that with any of these scenarios in the first two rounds you are getting one of the top two players at their position in the draft.
I like Scenario C the best. Arenas is a great player and I've heard good things about Briscoe.

broth your draft has some of my favorite prospects in this draft Kyle Wilson, Mike Johnson, and Jacoby Ford. Wilson and Ford would bring some speed to an overall slow team. I like the risk of Selvie in the third if he makes it there.
Old 01-13-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll put my two cents in for whatever it's worth...

Two players of note that I think Detroit might have a reasonable shot at getting if they pay them enough:

Aaron Kampman - instant, not to mention huge, upgrade at DE. Hopefully he wants to go back to a 4-3 system with his hand in the dirt every down AND stay in the NFC North.

Dunta Robinson - Dude needs a change of scenery and Detroit needs to seriously upgrade at CB. He's young enough to grow with the core and can still be a playmaker.

The draft:

1. Suh / McCoy - Whoever we walk away with is going to give us some serious presence at the interior of the D-line with SLH. Tremendous upgrade either way at UT.

2. Donovon Warren - Likely an immediate starter who (hopefully) we can put across from Robinson. Suddenly, our secondary doesn't look too shabby at all.

3. Johnson / Asamoah - Either one of these guards would be an instant starter and help provide Stafford with added protection as well as help the O-line get a major push in the run game and open up some friggin holes.

4. Dexter McClester - I seriously doubt that he fall this far, but here's hoping...tremendous change-of-pace back who can catch out of the backfield and is a homerun threat.

5. Walter Thurmond III - Losing his entire senior year will hurt his stock big time, the question is just how far does he fall. If he can be had here, he would be a great addition to the team and give us some depth at CB.

5. Myron Rolle - Will he play football or continue growing his brain? If he goes for the former, he will be tremendous value here and look great paired with Delmas.

6. Me - Because I'm dope and would only take plays off to smoke a cig and post on here. Word.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:08 AM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I made 3 scenarios based off who are 1st pick is.

No free agents yet, mainly because we have no idea what is happening with the CBA.

Scenario A:
1- N. Suh DT
2- J. Best RB
3- T. Lindley CB
4- M. Johnson LB
5- B. Deaderick DE

Scenario B:
1- E. Berry CB/S
2- G. Hardy DE
3- L. Houston DT/DE
4- S. Render G
5- J. James RB

Scenario C:
1- G. McCoy DT
2- M. Iupati G
3- J. Arenas CB
4- M. Wright S
5- D. Briscoe WR

Of your scenarios C is also my #1 pick ... all are in positions of need & quite possibly all 5 could step right in year 1 & start/contribute. Scenario A would be #2, but I would have selected an interior offensive lineman in place of Micah Johnson ILB in the 4th rd. (Shawn Lauvao G ASU?) Scenario B is #3 b/c I know nothing about RB James from Miami, but that's on me he could be amazing. Good work!
Old 01-14-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
I like Scenario C the best. Arenas is a great player and I've heard good things about Briscoe.

broth your draft has some of my favorite prospects in this draft Kyle Wilson, Mike Johnson, and Jacoby Ford. Wilson and Ford would bring some speed to an overall slow team. I like the risk of Selvie in the third if he makes it there.
Considering that Scenario C contains likely 2 first rounder and 2 second rounders, I'm not surprised that we all like it. Unfortunately, it is totally unrealistic. A and B are possible but C is just out there in left field.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamcanadian View Post
Considering that Scenario C contains likely 2 first rounder and 2 second rounders, I'm not surprised that we all like it. Unfortunately, it is totally unrealistic. A and B are possible but C is just out there in left field.
pretty much. But you never know ;) stranger things have happened.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 01-14-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
tblain1
Rookie

tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tblain1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
You people are sick & twisted ...
I'm posting this here b/c it seems to be the thread people are reading right now. So, people read this please ... we are fans of the Detroit Lions! So when it comes to Free Agency & blockbuster trades stop it with this incessant, myopic drivel!!!
First off, free agency ... key word here is "free" people. Not free of costs, but free to choose. So put yourself in the cleats of an NFL free agent .. .what would you look for? Winning team that competes for playoff spots? Talent on the roster surrounding you? A stable coaching staff that has been establshed for a number of years? Maybe nice weather or a safe town to raise your family in? Detroit offers none of that & I find it preposterous that many of you feel we can lure top shelf players such as Reggie Bush, Derrick Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Glen Dorsey, Aaron Kampman or Marlin Jackson here! Really?
Agreed.

Plus some of these guys could be RFAs not UFAs depending on what happens with the CBA . From what I heard, the RFA number would be pushed from 4 to 6 years if no new agreement is met.
Ray Edwards is in his 4th year.
Reggie Bush is in his 4th year.

Last edited by tblain1 : 01-14-2010 at 01:47 PM.
tblain1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd say there are more than 32 players that should get a first round grade this year.
Old 01-14-2010, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
... I find it preposterous that many of you feel we can lure top shelf players such as Reggie Bush, Derrick Johnson, Braylon Edwards, Glen Dorsey, Aaron Kampman or Marlin Jackson here! Really?
Detroit curently has very little to offer; with only a handful of playoff appearances this decade, a tendancy to change coaches/coordinaters with the changing of the seasons ... not to mention we tend to be cheap & in a recession based economy Michigan is one of the states with the darkest cloud hovering over it! So stop it that we will be in a position to acquire any of these players next year, or even in 2011...

I will not forget Schwartz saying in his first press conference "we have a plan to run the footbal & stop the run, without that you can not be successful in this league".
1. Who the hell wants Reggie Bush and Braylon Edwards? Bush is sorely underachieving as a RB and Edwards drops more passes than Roy Williams ever did.

2. We changed head coaches every three years with records like ours that would be the league norm.

3. We are not cheap we just sign crappy players to big contracts. Ask Backus, Woody, and Redding how cheap we are.

4. Schwartz has also said this is becoming a passers league. So it seems like he is talking out both sides of his mouth. Not that it is a bad thing.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-14-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Major Wright is not going in the 2nd round. Remember we pick at the top of each round too, maybe Arenas doesn't make it out of the 2nd, but I don't see Wright being that much of a stretch. He is a 3-5 rounder at this point.
Old 01-14-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

IMO Arenas, Wright, and Briscoe will all be gone by the end of round 2.
Old 01-14-2010, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
IMO Arenas, Wright, and Briscoe will all be gone by the end of round 2.
there's always a few who fall, remember Alan Branch?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 01-14-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
I'll pass on Cody.
I dunno I think it would be really cool to have two guys who command a double team.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-14-2010, 05:01 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
I dunno I think it would be really cool to have two guys who command a double team.
If the Leos take Mount Cody, I'll break things. You don't think that Suh or McCoy will demand double teams?

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher

Last edited by noondog : 01-14-2010 at 05:03 PM.
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it'll stop the run and maybe free some of our linebackers up

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
We have greater needs than a 2 down defensive linemen. If we want a DT there are two far superior prospects that we can target.
Old 01-14-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by noondog View Post
If the Leos take Mount Cody, I'll break things. You don't think that Suh or McCoy will demand double teams?
Of course they will but they require a top 2 pick. I'm not saying I don't want Suh or McCoy I'm just saying I won't break things if they end up with him in the 2nd.

Berry or Okung / Cody

or

Suh or McCoy / Other guy who isn't a 1st round prospect for sake of arguement lets say Grahm.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 01-14-2010, 05:35 PM    (permalink
cotts1
Rookie

Quote:
We have greater needs than a 2 down defensive linemen. If we want a DT there are two far superior prospects that we can target.
Cody can be a 3 down lineman IMO. He gets as good a push up the middle as anyone and would significantly help the pass rush by collapsing the pocket from the middle. Yes he will have to get better conditioned, not a big deal. Did he tell you he refuses to get into better shape or something? I don't want McCoy, I just get this feeling he's gonna be a bust. Odds are one of them (Suh or McCoy) will fail in the NFL. Remember Jonathan Sullivan? Dewayne Robertson? William Joseph?