Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-14-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't consider it trolling either. If you and your boys want to have a conversation here, it'd be fantastic! If we can keep the conversation mature... even better! Passionate display is fine as long as it doesn't get personal.

To me, there is only one key to worry about. Getting the "bad Favre" to come out to play. It'd be really nice timing for him to throw 2-3 picks. Favre will never get shy about throwing the ball in tight spots, so we have to make him to make tough throws. When he gets careless, that's when he's beatable.

Conversely, I think Romo has to eat up that secondary. Their Run D is supposedly one of the toughest to run on. So we will have to attack through the air, which I think we can. Eliminating turnovers is major though.

Last edited by D-Unit : 01-14-2010 at 07:14 PM.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 07:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't consider it trolling either. If you and your boys want to have a conversation here, it'd be fantastic! If we can keep the conversation mature... even better! Passionate display is fine as long as it doesn't get personal.

To me, there is only one key to worry about. Getting the "bad Favre" to come out to play. It'd be really nice timing for him to throw 2-3 picks. Favre will never get shy about throwing the ball in tight spots, so we have to make him to make tough throws. When he gets careless, that's when he's beatable.

Conversely, I think Romo has to eat up that secondary. Their Run D is supposedly one of the toughest to run on. So we will have to attack through the air, which I think we can. Eliminating turnovers is major though.
Vikings pass D, really other than the Arizona game (and we saw they can do that to anyone), hasn't been all that terrible. Frazier has done a very nice job of protecting our safeties. It's up to Garrett and Romo to try to exploit Madieu Williams, Jamarca Sanford (who's played way above expectations since replacing Tyrell Johnson), and the aforementioned Johnson.

Their run D hasn't been real great, though, which is surprising. Part of that is the fact Pat Williams was playing injured, but teams have been getting to the exterior pretty quickly.

The loss of Henderson will be felt in this game if they get Brinkley to match up with him. Although Henderson was never great in coverage, but he's definitely better than Brinkley.

I dunno, it's a matchup of two similar teams actually other than the different schemes defensively (which strive to accomplish the same things in reality).
Old 01-14-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here's a nightmare I can envision... we've seen it happen countless times in the past, but most Cowboys fans like to ignore it...

Anyways... I fear Adrian Peterson running behind your big OL and FB Naufahu Tahi right up the gut in the middle of the field and putting Jay Ratliff flat on his ass and our ILBs not getting to the ball. If that doesn't happen, I'll be a happy happy man. But that's what I fear. Stopping the run up the middle.

BTW djp,
We signed LB Leon Williams who will be eligible to be with the team starting in the offseason. What are your thoughts on him?
Old 01-14-2010, 07:40 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Here's a nightmare I can envision... we've seen it happen countless times in the past, but most Cowboys fans like to ignore it...

Anyways... I fear Adrian Peterson running behind your big OL and FB Naufahu Tahi right up the gut in the middle of the field and putting Jay Ratliff flat on his ass and our ILBs not getting to the ball. If that doesn't happen, I'll be a happy happy man. But that's what I fear. Stopping the run up the middle.

BTW djp,
We signed LB Leon Williams who will be eligible to be with the team starting in the offseason. What are your thoughts on him?
He's awfully talented, but awfully stupid as well. Most Miami fans thought of him to be a better pro player than college player due to the poor coaching he received in HS and in college when he came out. The right guy can turn him into a force inside in a 3-4, imo. Physically there aren't many people that can match him. He's also a very aggressive player despite his numerous failures on the field. It's a good depth signing and could pay off down the road.
Old 01-14-2010, 07:44 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
He's awfully talented, but awfully stupid as well. Most Miami fans thought of him to be a better pro player than college player due to the poor coaching he received in HS and in college when he came out. The right guy can turn him into a force inside in a 3-4, imo. Physically there aren't many people that can match him. He's also a very aggressive player despite his numerous failures on the field. It's a good depth signing and could pay off down the road.
Thanks for that, I had always been a fan of his but didn't know much about him other then always hearing the "potential" word thrown around. I'm all for improving ST's at worst though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Thanks for that, I had always been a fan of his but didn't know much about him other then always hearing the "potential" word thrown around. I'm all for improving ST's at worst though.
STs... It's all on the shoulders of David Buehler to keep kicking it deep in the endzone so we don't have to struggle to tackle Harvin. That's gonna be HUUUGE.
Old 01-14-2010, 09:44 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Harvin is a real threat on returns. I'm really hoping that Buehler keeps him in check with touchbacks. I really don't want to see the Vikes get good field position all game long.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:48 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is the best matchup in the playoffs, no doubt. If the Cowboys win, I think they're gonna coast to the Superbowl.

Minnesota needs a big game from Jasper Brinkley and Co. They also need to be able to get pressure with their front four, or they will get eaten up.

This will be Felix's true test. He is going to have the huge holes he got against the Eagles, but he can turn a negative run into a 50 yard gain in a flash.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

People here are taking the Vikes for granted.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 09:57 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have to get that run going like we have been in the past few weeks, if we don't it's gonna be a long day. Wear out that Williams wall and control the clock. EJ Henderson the QB of that defense was a big loss as well as Winfield with that bad foot so hopefully we can expose that secondary.

Penalties 14-112 against the Eagles, C'mon man! as the ESPN bit goes. We can not come anywhere near this and expect to beat the Vikings Sunday. Witten had a questionable call that negated a TD and we had to punt. He still had 2 besides that and Ken Hamlin had a few stupid ones as well. If we don't get it under control the Cowboys draft thread will be on fire.

People will say Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe but I don't feel that they are much if any better than Jackson, Maclin, and Celek. If you look at the stats they are all pretty close and we shut them down - twice. Also, it's not like we don't have weapons of our own with Austin, Witten, and Jones, and sprinkle in some Crayton.

Peterson is just an animal, one of my favorite players in the NFL but which AD is going to show up? Since the Detroit game in week 10 he hasn't put up over 100 yards and their O-line is suspect. If we get to the Silver Fox like I believe we will and force him to make some errant throws like he's known to do then it's good night Vikings.

Cowboys 27-17.

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:09 AM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post

People will say Rice, Harvin, and Shiancoe but I don't feel that they are much if any better than Jackson, Maclin, and Celek. If you look at the stats they are all pretty close and we shut them down - twice.
Here is the big difference. If you devote the same amount of attention to shutting down our passing game that you did with the Eagles Adrian Peterson is going to eat you alive. In Philly you dont even have to bother playing the run becasue Ried doesn't feel it's important to run the ball. Basically teams are forced to play all of our WR's with single coverage. The reason AP's rushing stats haven't been so spectacular this year and Favre and the WR's have is becasue every single team we play puts everything they have into stopping AP. Our offense faces 8 in the box on every single play.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 06:55 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGB View Post
Here is the big difference. If you devote the same amount of attention to shutting down our passing game that you did with the Eagles Adrian Peterson is going to eat you alive. In Philly you dont even have to bother playing the run becasue Ried doesn't feel it's important to run the ball. Basically teams are forced to play all of our WR's with single coverage. The reason AP's rushing stats haven't been so spectacular this year and Favre and the WR's have is becasue every single team we play puts everything they have into stopping AP. Our offense faces 8 in the box on every single play.

Your offense doesn't get 8 in the box every single play, and I'm sure your probably just exaggerating but still that's hardly the case. Peterson only has 3 100 yard games this year and 2 were Cleveland and Detroit, that hardly warrants people putting 8 people in the box every single play when you had a QB throw over 30 TD's, a WR make the pro bowl, and an electric rookie WR.

Sorry I don't see Peterson "eating us alive" in any shape, form, or fashion. We didn't do anything special vs Philly for you to think we just devoted an army to stop the passing game, Maclin was man to man in every matchup with Jenkins, Celek was man to man with Sensabaugh, Jackson got over the top help which happens with most #1 WR's. There was no special stuff going on where we had extra people who should be playing the run dropping back.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 11:23 AM    (permalink
BGB
Rookie

BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.BGB hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Your offense doesn't get 8 in the box every single play, and I'm sure your probably just exaggerating but still that's hardly the case. Peterson only has 3 100 yard games this year and 2 were Cleveland and Detroit, that hardly warrants people putting 8 people in the box every single play when you had a QB throw over 30 TD's, a WR make the pro bowl, and an electric rookie WR.

Sorry I don't see Peterson "eating us alive" in any shape, form, or fashion. We didn't do anything special vs Philly for you to think we just devoted an army to stop the passing game, Maclin was man to man in every matchup with Jenkins, Celek was man to man with Sensabaugh, Jackson got over the top help which happens with most #1 WR's. There was no special stuff going on where we had extra people who should be playing the run dropping back.
Teams have very rarely been putting anyone over the top of any of our WR's all year. Adrian Peterson is the sole focus of every D we play and that's why his yards were lower this year. The reason Favre has had the season he has is becasue of AP. Also AP has been very dangerous in the passing game this year and his production reciveing the ball has more then made up for the lack of yards he had running the ball compared to last year. Just becasue you haven't seen as many AP sportscenter highlights this year doesn't mean he wont eat you alive if you dont respect him.
BGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
People here are taking the Vikes for granted.
Feel free to elaborate.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Teams have very rarely been putting anyone over the top of any of our WR's all year. Adrian Peterson is the sole focus of every D we play and that's why his yards were lower this year. The reason Favre has had the season he has is becasue of AP. Also AP has been very dangerous in the passing game this year and his production reciveing the ball has more then made up for the lack of yards he had running the ball compared to last year. Just becasue you haven't seen as many AP sportscenter highlights this year doesn't mean he wont eat you alive if you dont respect him.
AD will have some big runs against us. Not doubt about it. I especially see him having success up the middle. On the edges, Ware and Spencer have been pretty lock down for the most part, so I don't see AD busting off a lot of big gains there. The middle is soft however, so I can see us taking major punishment right there.

Nobody is really talking about Bernard Berrian either...
Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
What does Sportscenter highlights have to do with running for 100 yards in a game? I'm sticking to facts, not Sportscenter references. You keep saying "eat you alive" like this is 2007, I know he's a dangerous back but unless your Cleveland or Detroit he didn't "eat you alive" this year.

I have alot of respect for AD, but he's not going to be the deciding factor in the game.

Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 12:39 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hai guiz. I didn't notice that there were vikings fans in here until LL pointed out to me I can't wait for some good, friendly competition on sunday :). Can the Vikings fans post in here?

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 12:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Hai guiz. I didn't notice that there were vikings fans in here until LL pointed out to me I can't wait for some good, friendly competition on sunday :). Can the Vikings fans post in here?
Hell yea!! Everyone has been hyping this up as the game of the weekend, might as well build up the anticipation on both sides, though I'll probably go into depression if we lose but it's nothing like some good ol' confidence until Sunday.

I was up for a sig bet round 1, but this game should be alot closer, so I'll just stick to trash talking :D

Quote:
Old 01-15-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To tell you the truth, I think this game is going to be completely even on both sides. I think it will come down to whoever has the ball LAST. My pick, as sad as I am to say it:

Dallas 24 Minnesota 21

It will be a last second desperation kick by Dallas. One of those things where it shouldn't have gone in, but it did just due to luck.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:47 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Oz yes, And BGB, please take your mindless statistical banter elsewhere. Unless you want to be in the negative rep by the end of the game.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Jared Allen has the most ridiculous cheer I've ever seen. It makes me laugh out loud... literally. He's such a dufus.

This game should be a very close match up... I think the Cowboys could win or lose. Good luck to us all.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:57 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys will lose. Gut feeling. It'll probably be close...but in the end MN will make more plays at the end to win the game.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:01 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hello to all Cowboys fans, I'm looking forward to this game a lot. The game is about as even as it can get, at least imo. I think it will be close the whole way with the Vikings winning 30-24 with a late TD drive. I'm glad that almost all experts are picking the Cowboys as I'd much rather play the underdog role, even though as it's been pointed out the Boys are the true underdogs.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Hello to all Cowboys fans, I'm looking forward to this game a lot. The game is about as even as it can get, at least imo. I think it will be close the whole way with the Vikings winning 30-24 with a late TD drive. I'm glad that almost all experts are picking the Cowboys as I'd much rather play the underdog role, even though as it's been pointed out the Boys are the true underdogs.
The Cowboys have relished being the underdogs this year...
Old 01-15-2010, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Remember Orakpo vs Loadholt?

I hope Anthony Spencer does... :D