Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-14-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Casey Hampton had one of his best seasons as a pro this season.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah i'll second that...Casey played lights out every time i saw him. I've got a feeling he'll be in Dallas or Miami if we dont resign him.
Old 01-14-2010, 10:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Naw Jakey, he'll be in Pittsburgh.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jakey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lets hope so man :)
Old 01-14-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
Lets hope so man :)
I read that he is their primary concern for the offseason. If they do not work out an agreement now, they will franchise him then keep talking. Don't be surprised to see the Steelers resigning Hampton in the next month or so. I think they'll resign him for three years and a front loaded contract.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Whats our financial situation like this year? I know the last few years hs been pretty tight, so i guess i assumed it was the same this year. If we can afford it, i'll be all for that. Then it comes down to if we can afford Ryan Clark aswell.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:25 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

if the Giants don't re-sign Chase Blackburn, there will be hell to pay.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2010, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Whats our financial situation like this year? I know the last few years hs been pretty tight, so i guess i assumed it was the same this year. If we can afford it, i'll be all for that. Then it comes down to if we can afford Ryan Clark aswell.
This will be an uncapped year it looks like. We will be able to sign them. We have to be careful, because we have Holmes and Woodley coming up, but they have two years till free agency. I can see Holmes being done before training camp IMO.
Old 01-14-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Jakey
All-Pro

Meh homes is demi-god'like...Woodley is full on GODLY. He needs to be resigned next year :p
Old 01-14-2010, 11:54 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

aints (11): running back Mike Bell, tackle Jammal Brown, guard Jahri Evans, safety Roman Harper, receiver Lance Moore,

These are the main Saints I see us retaining. But I thought Pierre Thomas was a FA too?
Old 01-15-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone can stay the hell away from Floyd and Jackson, my precious precious 17 ypc receivers. I would honestly rather keep these two than any combo of Sproles/Merriman/McNeill even though I love those guys. Bolts just spent way too long developing both of those receivers into gamebreaking weapons and throw in Gates and Rivers and you have our entire offensive identity.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachsaints52 View Post
Saints (11): running back Mike Bell, tackle Jammal Brown, guard Jahri Evans, safety Roman Harper, receiver Lance Moore,

These are the main Saints I see us retaining. But I thought Pierre Thomas was a FA too?
The list in the first post of this thread is just RFA's.
Old 01-15-2010, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Everyone can stay the hell away from Floyd and Jackson, my precious precious 17 ypc receivers. I would honestly rather keep these two than any combo of Sproles/Merriman/McNeill even though I love those guys. Bolts just spent way too long developing both of those receivers into gamebreaking weapons and throw in Gates and Rivers and you have our entire offensive identity.
Whoa Jackson is a free agent? He's gonna get paid.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's a restricted FA. At least, he will be.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With this whole CBA mess and players having to have 6 years in the NFL to be a URFA pickings are going to be line.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
With this whole CBA mess and players having to have 6 years in the NFL to be a URFA pickings are going to be line.
I think there will be some cap casualties that will spruce up the market, keep an eye on Champ Bailey.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:46 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

But what if there is no cap?

Teams can hold on to players that in others years would be cut.
Old 01-15-2010, 01:50 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

I still believe teams should spend wisely with no cap. I think this because whenever they do install the cap again, those high paid players are going to be a ***** to fit under and they'll have to cut a lot of weight in order to pay those players.
Old 01-15-2010, 10:51 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if Casey Hampton hits FA that one of the upstart 3-4 teams will break the bank on him.
Whoever does that will be regretting it with a year after signing him.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
cvv84
Pro Bowler

cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cvv84 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
I still believe teams should spend wisely with no cap. I think this because whenever they do install the cap again, those high paid players are going to be a ***** to fit under and they'll have to cut a lot of weight in order to pay those players.
I agree. There could potentially be a lockout in 2011 and teams are already looking to save cash by not signing guys to long term deals. I mean would you rather break the bank for 1 player or sign 3-4 good players for that same cost?
cvv84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But what if there is no cap?

Teams can hold on to players that in others years would be cut.
Players that have a huge cap cost if they are released no longer do. Teams can get rid of players that aren't nearly worth the salary but the cap hit made it very painful to do.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:04 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah i'll second that...Casey played lights out every time i saw him. I've got a feeling he'll be in Dallas or Miami if we dont resign him.
screw that I want him in KC.God knows we desperatly need a NT
Old 01-27-2010, 01:13 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
screw that I want him in KC.God knows we desperatly need a NT
Pickett would also be a nice option for you in the unlikely event he dosen't stay in Green bay.

What's the word with jamal brown? Is he going to be available?

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I would love to have Pickett if he doesn't stay in GB.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:37 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love to have Pickett if he doesn't stay in GB.
Too bad though, you can't have him. Ted will keep him. :D

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote