Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 01-30-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Re-sign Avant and Weaver please.
I can't see him wanting to be a 3/4th receiver when he could play a starting role.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post
Re-sign Avant and Weaver please.
I agree 100%
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 09:27 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Samuel to Wilfork: Time to Leave Patriots
Old 01-30-2010, 09:37 AM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I used to love Asante when he was in New England, but then at his press conference after he signed with Philadelphia things changed. Samuel said that he left New England because Philadelphia gave him a better chance to win a Super Bowl. Well we all know that Asante was just looking to get paid. So Asante go **** yourself and shut the **** up! Samuel is a stud on the field, but just a **** in my eyes now.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
and come to KC :D
Old 02-01-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jets' Mangold wants a new deal
Old 02-01-2010, 11:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
and come to KC :D
Your call is a good one. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Pickett changes teams, he'd be a nice addition to the giants if the price isn't excessive.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:14 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I wonder if Pickett changes teams, he'd be a nice addition to the giants if the price isn't excessive.
I think he stays in GB but if he does hit FA I could see both Denver and KC making a big push for him.
Old 02-01-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Pickett back in Green Bay pretty bad.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something tells me Wilfork will be a Cowboy.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
Only if they plan on switching to a more traditional, two-gapping 3-4. Ratliff is the perfect NT for their one-gap scheme.

What's the status on Jenkins in NY? I could see them looking to replace him since he's injured so much.

Truth be told, most of the 3-4 teams in the league could look to add him: Casey Hampton and Jamal Williams are both getting old. Miami, Denver, GB, and Cleveland both could use a true, dominating NT as they continue transitioning to 3-4 defenses.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 02-01-2010 at 01:38 PM.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Only if they plan on switching to a more traditional, two-gapping 3-4. Ratliff is the perfect NT for their one-gap scheme.

What's the status on Jenkins in NY? I could see them looking to replace him since he's injured so much.

Truth be told, most of the 3-4 teams in the league could look to add him: Casey Hampton and Jamal Williams are both getting old. Miami, Denver, GB, and Cleveland both could use a true, dominating NT as they continue transitioning to 3-4 defenses.
Don't forget the Chiefs. :)
Old 02-01-2010, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealityCheck View Post
That's not funny.

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
RealityCheck
All-Pro

RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RealityCheck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
That's not funny.
Don't worry. We'll have an awesome free agency and an awesomer draft.
RealityCheck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post

Cleveland has Shaun Rogers, but I think he's gone.
Old 02-01-2010, 02:44 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Cleveland has Shaun Rogers, but I think he's gone.
I thought he signed an extension this season, and that Cleveland fans liked it more when he played DE with Rubin playing NT?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Titans RB Johnson wants big bucks

"Hopefully they'll want to give me a new deal. I think I deserve to be the highest paid running back in the league, or even the highest paid offensive player besides the quarterback," Johnson told the paper. "But it's not like I am not going out in the media saying, ‘Pay me, I want a new deal now.' I am just saying, if they were to pay me, I want that."
Old 02-02-2010, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
I thought he signed an extension this season, and that Cleveland fans liked it more when he played DE with Rubin playing NT?
Detroit media keeps writing about how he wants to come back to Detroit.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 07:41 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Breaking News!!!!

For all those who thought they'd be able to sign him after the 2010 season- no such luck!
It appears that he's going to be resigned... another surprise here...
HE'S EXPECTED TO BE THE HIGHEST PAID PLAYER EVER!!!
Definitely didn't see this coming.... I thought the Rams/Vikings/Raiders/Redskins/Bills all had a chance at him
Looks like its back to the drawing board for your front offices

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playof...ory?id=4881625

Old 02-02-2010, 09:56 PM    (permalink
crossroads
Rookie

crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crossroads is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Does anyone know if there's no salary cap next year, then how does that effect the cap hits that usually occur from cutting players?
crossroads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 01:20 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/blog/bostonnew-en...-with-patriots

CFL defender Ricky Foley set to visit Patriots. Took over Cameron Wake's position last year and had 12 sacks.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...peaks-out.html

LT refuses to take a paycut which may lead to him being cut

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post...eing-new-teams

Joey Porter demands a trade. Wants to play for San Fran, San Diego, or Arizona

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 02:05 AM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With no cap, it is important for us to gauge the frugality of our teams at this point.

Obvious big-spenders will be DAL, WAS, and OAK. I think we can add Arthur Blank and ATL in that mix as well.

The lack of a floor may be even more important to the competitive balance of the league than the lack of a cap. I think the Bills, Jags, and Packers will be cheap. I think the Steelers will be relatively cheap but not as bad as we might think. I can't imagine the Rooney's allowing for the team to start declining while they still have an elite QB and good pieces on defense. The Steelers were never big players in free agency anyway, but I don't think they'll be one of the bottom teams in terms of payroll.

As for the Seahawks, for those of you who may not know, the owner of the team is Paul Allen, who is one of the wealthiest men in the entire world. He has too much money NOT to spend it on this team plus he has shown that he really wants to win (new stadium, various big-name, big $ coaching hires, etc.).

This is a team starved for a title (and attention), and already has to overcome the geography factor when pursuing free agents. To say they'll break the bank to get the guy they want is an understatement. I would not be surprised at all if the Seahawks have the highest salary number for a long time a la the New York Yankees (that is of course until we get a new CBA).

So my question is- how much do you think your franchise will spend on free agents now that we are in an MLB-like situation with no cap and no floor? In my estimation that is what's more relevant than speculating on which players will be fits for which teams at this point.
gpngc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Elimination of the cap floor would actually help small market teams as they wouldn't have to waste tons of money on marginal players just to get above the cap floor. The cap floor was rising at such a stupid amount in recent years that small market teams were having trouble keeping up with it. These teams will now be able to devote more of their resources in keeping their own players.

The end of the salary cap is not the end of the world for the NFL. The entire purpose of the cap was to help curtail player salaries, so it's pretty much been dead for the last five years or so anyways. When's the last time you heard of a team in dire cap trouble? Washington, right before the last CBA was signed. Revenues have pushed the salary cap so high in recent years that it's pretty much been dead anyways.

The NFL won't turn into MLB for one major reason: it's the only league where young players are more valuable to your team than older veterans. The NFL doesn't have a developmental league or a farm system or anything like that. It's rookies hit the ground running, which is why draft choices are worth more than gold.

With the UFA requirement going from four years to six, teams will be able to hold onto their original draft choices into the prime of their careers, instead of losing them just as they're about to enter it. If big market teams want to sign them away, it'll usually be at the cost of a first and third rounder - more than worth it to a small market team that will be able to spend those picks on young, cheap talent.

There's an absolute overflow of football talent in America. The biggest concern the league needs to deal with in preparing for an uncapped NFL is restricting the movement of quarterbacks in the league. That's the biggest fear the small market teams should have: developing a young stud QB and losing him. Almost all other positions are replaceable, esepcially if you can get draft pick compensation for them.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
http://espn.go.com/blog/bostonnew-en...-with-patriots

CFL defender Ricky Foley set to visit Patriots. Took over Cameron Wake's position last year and had 12 sacks.
[/url]

Love it Love it Love it.