Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 09-09-2014, 11:53 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Papa Waffles!!!

Hey guys, just wanted to pop in to share some news. I know I'm not around here much anymore (and have lost a significant amount of interest in football and message boards, sorry) but I wanted to share some news with you all that I'm very excited about. A lot has changed in my life this year. I found the woman I will be spending the rest of my life with, moved out of the parents place, and made a new home with my own family. We have a 5 year old boy from her marriage with his father, as well as our own little homestead, with chickens and rabbits, for now, and have a new addition on the way. I've adapted to the role of a father in short time, and have had my bumps in the road, but things are going well. I may not have planted the seed for the boy who I see as my first son, but I am cultivating the mind, and have a new seedling on the way.

Kimberly and I found out she was pregnant about a month ago, and have been sharing the news with family and friends, and I wanted to share it with all of you, as I feel you all have played a role in shaping my path. I've assumed a lot of responsibility in the past few months, and look forward to more. This little gift of life and love is going to be another point of responsibility, which I've found, has brought out the best parts within myself, and has helped me discover the best parts of myself, and I am anticipating our new son or daughter more and more every day. The baby is due around the end of march or early April, and the days can't get here fast enough. Anyway, I hope you all have a great day, and I'll let you know how things go.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:58 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats EATW!
Old 09-09-2014, 12:00 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm afraid I don't get the seed references, but I'm guessing it has to do with your chickens.

Congrats, EATW, and watch out for raccoons!

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:07 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
I'm afraid I don't get the seed references, but I'm guessing it has to do with your chickens.

Congrats, EATW, and watch out for raccoons!
lol. We've got two Silkie black c*cks protecting our ladies (Silkies are a breed), raccoons don't stand a chance.

Thanks TH, and IBC, thanks a bunch!

Old 09-09-2014, 12:10 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*explodes from joke overload*

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:33 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Location: What do you do when a doo-doo chump punk points a finger like a stump?
FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats! It's exciting . . . then exhausting! lol

Good luck!

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:49 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats man! That's awesome! But we do miss you around these parts.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats my man

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations! Hope all is well, and good luck with the parentig thing!
Old 09-09-2014, 02:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats Waffles. Good luck in life man.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats EATW! Glad to hear the great news!

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:10 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congratulations man. Don't get so lost in the wilderness and not use the Internet.
Old 09-09-2014, 03:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for sharing! Happy for you!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:26 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baby Waffles !

Congratulations.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 11:23 PM    (permalink
TitansCJftw
Veteran

TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitansCJftw is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats brotha dont forget about us dude!
Old 09-09-2014, 11:35 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good work. Not just on having your own kid, but also on raising a kid that isn't yours. There aren't many men up for that challenge.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:07 AM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. As somebody who never interacts with raccoons, I will love and defend them.

2. Best of luck and keep being happy.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:36 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

keep him away from the power tools. He doesn't need to freak out another message board with pics in like 18 years.

but congrats buddy <3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 05:58 PM    (permalink
WCH
All-Pro

WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WCH is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Good work. Not just on having your own kid, but also on raising a kid that isn't yours. There aren't many men up for that challenge.
Yeah, you're a better man than I am Waffles. It sounds like you're doing well for yourself. Keep us posted!
WCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
keep him away from the power tools. He doesn't need to freak out another message board with pics in like 18 years.

but congrats buddy <3
As long as his father doesn't teach him how to post pictures on message boards, it'll be alright.

Good luck with everything EATW. Don't neglect us too much.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:22 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
Congrats EATW!
You're next, pal!

And congrats, EATW! Just don't raise him/her to be an Eagles fan and they will turn out okay!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:54 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Thanks everyone, I promise I will never forget to come back and check in with you all. You're all important in my life, and people I could never forget. I may not be around all the time, but I think of you all and this place on a regular basis, and as time goes on, I will check in more (without the fuss over making a thread like this one, lol) and see how things are going with you all, as well.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:33 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Congrats! It's exciting . . . then exhausting! lol

Good luck!
This I know, and it doesn't get any less exhausting when they are older. I'm sure you find, as a parent, as your kids age, you're just trading worries with every step of progress you make. That alone is exhausting, but the recognition of progress is worth it all, particularly when you see they are making progress in things you hadn't even worked on. Hearing parts of yourself in the voice of a child, or seeing your positive influence on another life gives me such gratitude. It makes the inherent struggles of parenthood wash away, and when you inherently hear your own negative influence back (yes, it happens), you realize more about yourself than you ever could on your own, and because of that, I feel I am going through a period of growth just as much as our boy. It's exhausting, but the reward... we're all trying to get better, in our own separate ways, but together, we are able to progress in a way that is stronger and healthier. This doesn't just apply to families, if all people had the mentality to work together, we would progress in a way that is best for all. We receive our lessons in the manner in which we send them, and if we want to learn our lessons kindly and with respect, you have to be what you wish to reflect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brat316 View Post
Congratulations man. Don't get so lost in the wilderness and not use the Internet.
This I can make no promises with. If Kimberly and I have our way, we're going to eventually find a place in the middle of nowhere and build ourselves an earthship, and live off our land. Maybe we'll have internet ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
It is a challenge unlike any I've experienced, and one I know will always be a responsibility to take seriously, as with parenting your own child. I just find it unfortunate that the boy's father doesn't see it the same way. I'd love if our little guy could have two strong father figures in his life, but I will always be there to at least give him one, because every child deserves a strong mother figure and a strong father figure.

It's an elastic relationship at the beginning, we had to learn how to handle divided attention of his mother, both him and I, among many other factors, but as time goes on, we are getting better at finding a more stable balance. I've realized just how much my parents and my upbringing have influenced my mentality, and in the relationship with the little man, I've had to come to realizations on aspects of my mentality that serve me and ones that don't. Trial and error, and experimentation, it really makes me feel like parenthood is inherently unfair to children, honestly, but making things as fair as possible, at least in your own home (as well as preparing them for the inequality of the world), is a responsibility of parenthood.

But being a father for this little boy truly isn't hard. He's is a very kind, bright, and passionate little boy, with loads of energy and ambition. I see bits of myself more and more as time goes on, but the thing that has truly made it easy to loves him as my own since I met him is that he has so much of his mother's influence as well. With so many pieces of his mother, her traits and qualities, the breath of her life, I see him as part of her, another extension of her, and when you realize that about a child in this situation, that they are literally another aspect of the one you love, loving the child is easy, whether it's "yours" or not.

I do realize not every man (or woman) can have this ability, but perhaps it's because they haven't been subject to that type of perspective. But if you want to, truly, the choice is easy. All of life is a choice, and if you choose love, love comes back to you, in all kinds of different ways.

Old 09-12-2014, 10:38 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMcGee View Post
1. As somebody who never interacts with raccoons, I will love and defend them.

2. Best of luck and keep being happy.
I love raccoons, as long as the leave my chickens alone, so you should be ok.
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

but congrats buddy <3
I'm already freaking out about what the little ones will be doing when they're older. But all I can do is help them learn from my mistakes, hopefully.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
As long as his father doesn't teach him how to post pictures on message boards, it'll be alright.

Good luck with everything EATW. Don't neglect us too much.
If you remember, I had difficulty with that, so I'd assume my offspring will too, for the sake of the internet, and queasy people everywhere, I will withhold this information from them... as long as I can.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Of course I remember. We all do. That is your legacy.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote