Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Miami Dolphins Team Forum

Miami Dolphins Team Forum Discuss the 'Phins

Old 03-17-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
thebow305
2009 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok guys, well, I'm going to start posting articles I find on prospects visiting and guys that we have rumored interest in. We need to liven this Dolphins forum up a bit, so let's start getting it going here! :)

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson

Last edited by thebow305 : 03-17-2010 at 12:10 AM.
thebow305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 12:11 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thebow305 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"The Dolphins' need at nose tackle is clear to anyone with eyes but while much of the attention has centered around bigger-name prospects such as Dan Williams and Cam Thomas, a source tells me the Dolphins are looking in a different direction.

Think Jeff Owens of Georgia.

The Dolphins' coaching staff liked him in the Senior Bowl, interviewed him during the Indianapolis Combine and has now scheduled a visit to Davie in the coming weeks, the source said http://miamiherald.typepad.com/dolph...-on-owens.html "

I personally hope this is the guy we get to be the NT of the future here. He is exactly the type of guy Parcells likes and this is a great article on Jeff Owens that demonstrates that.

Dolphins Dream Offseason 2014: Re-Sign Paul Soliai and Brent Grimes. Sign Brandon Albert, Sam Shields & Rashad Jennings. The Draft: 1. Kelvin Benjamin 2. Xavier Su'a-Filo 3. Seantrel Henderson 4. Xavier Grimble 5. Dion Bailey 6. Jalen Saunders 7. Nevin Lawson
Old 03-17-2010, 12:17 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Looks like Morgan Burnett could be a target of the Phins, according to Omar Kelly of the Sun-Sentinel:

"Being told GaTech's S Morgan Burnett is a player on the Phins radar. He's moving into 2nd rd range because of instincts (14 INTs in 3 years"

http://twitter.com/OmarKelly/status/10590398403

Old 03-17-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

The Phins also look to be interested in Georgia Safety Reshad Jones:

http://gnb.scout.com/2/953606.html

Old 03-17-2010, 07:30 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd love to bring in Jeff Owens as a NT. I thought it was a position he could excel at, just never saw it mentioned anywhere else. I really like Reshad Jones too but I think he's more of a SS and don't really like the fit here. Not a fan of Morgan Burnett in general, though the fit is there.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure I like the interest in Jones or Burnett since I would tend to agree that both are more SS than FS which would just continue to add to the cluster of guys we already have like that. If either was still there in the 3rd and we haven't taken one yet I wouldn't be opposed however since I think that'd be good value.

Not a huge fan of Owens but aside from Cody I'm not really a huge fan of any of the NTs this year :-\. I'd honestly rather take a late round guy like Ekom Udofia, Travis Ivey, or DeMarcus Granger than reach for Thomas in the 2nd or Owens/Troup in the 4th...

sig by BoneKrusher
Grizzlegom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

McShay talks about the draft with Omar Kelly and Edgar Thompson:

"McShay said all three players would be a reach at No. 12, said G Tech's Derrick Morgan a better fit, by a nose over USF's Jason Pierre-Paul.

McShay would put Sergio Kindle is second, but said he wasn't as productive at Texas as you'd have hoped, Jerry Hughes of TCU is next.

McShay said top 3-4 LB that fit Bill Parcells' mold is Michigan's Brandon Graham, who "is as good as you'll get in this class."

McShay said top 3-4 LB that fit Bill Parcells' mold is Michigan's Brandon Graham, who "is as good as you'll get in this class."

McShay said real chance WR Dez Bryant doesn't go in first 10, 11 spots - that would leave him to you know who.

Offensive tackles, defensive tackles, impact pass rushers, cornerbacks have more value than WRs, McShay said. "Diva" attitude adds to risk.

McShay said WRs are high risk picks ... have "more busts in first round than majority of other positions."

ESPN's Todd McShay on a conf call, will tweet highlights, said QB Sam Bradford "50-50" to go No. 1 to Rams, unless 3/29 Pro Day goes poorly.
Quote:
"If you can get three starters from a draft, that's a good draft," ESPN's Todd McShay. "Two starts is an average draft."

"It's almost a punishment for the teams drafting in the first three picks. Really the top 7. You wind up paying so much money," Todd McShay.

Todd McShay says Joe Haden is the top CB this year. His Pro days proves his combine was hindered by a back strain. Questions about awareness

Behind Haden, Boise State's Kyle Wilson and Ala. Kareem Jackson are his best CBs. Says Jackson is the most under rated player in the draft.

Todd McShay's sleeper: TE Clay Harbor, WR Seyi Ajirotut, WR David Reed, WR Emmanuel Sanders (says he's a Davone Bess type).

Todd MCShay said the knee injury Clemson' Ricky Sapp is a concern, and points out he was inconsistent "Explosive pass rusher but too many ?"

ESPN's Todd McShay says UM TE Jimmy Graham needs to address some toughness issues, but won't get out of the 4th round.

"It's hard to find human being that are 6-6, 260, and run like him and have his athleticism," McShay said of Jimmy Graham.

"Not overly dominant & could stand to put on a little bit more bulk. I don't know if he has the mean streak you're looking 4," McShay on Fox

ESPN's Todd McShay says UM OT Jason Fox has durability issues, and projects him as a late round pick. "He's a decent athlete."

ESPN's Todd mcShay says Brandon Graham, Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, Koa Misi are the draft's best 3-4 outside linebackers.

"He has accuracy, intelligence, toughness and intangibles. But he also comes with a couple of redflags," McShay on Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford.
'
Todd McShay says the draft's No. 1 spot is Sam Bradford's to lose. "A 50-50 chance he winds up going No.1." If fundamentals are off he wont

ESPN's Todd McShay said DE Sergio Kindle was productive at Texas, but needs to get stronger vs. the run. Best as upfield rusher, not OLBer "

http://twitter.com/OmarKelly

http://twitter.com/edgarthompson

Old 03-29-2010, 07:20 PM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Grizzlegom is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Update from the Forum Mock:

Here's all the moves Jnew and I have made in the Forum mock:
12. Derrick Morgan, OLB, Georgia Tech
43. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
55. Nate Allen, FS, South Florida

We traded Justin Smiley for pick 100 and then packaged picks 73, 100, and 110 for 55 and 116 in order to move up for Nate Allen, whom we felt was AMAZING value and we had to move up to get him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 03-30-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
jnew76
Pro Bowler

jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jnew76 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
Update from the Forum Mock:

Here's all the moves Jnew and I have made in the Forum mock:
12. Derrick Morgan, OLB, Georgia Tech
43. Terrence Cody, NT, Alabama
55. Nate Allen, FS, South Florida

We traded Justin Smiley for pick 100 and then packaged picks 73, 100, and 110 for 55 and 116 in order to move up for Nate Allen, whom we felt was AMAZING value and we had to move up to get him.
Unfortunately this only goes 5 rounds and we have only one more pick in this draft. With a ton of picks in rounds 6 and 7 we would be able to normally move up and grab an extra pick in the 4th-5th area if one of our targets fell, but we are not trading those picks because they have no use in this format.
Old 04-01-2010, 04:08 AM    (permalink
fergie 66

lets go and get FS Earl Thomas.............
Old 04-06-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.Quagmire is a cocksman.

Man, this board is dead.....

Here are my thoughts. There are only 4 players worth taking at the 12 spot for Miami IMO... In order they are Berry, Suh, Bryant and Spiller.

They need an impact guy and since there is no chance Suh or Berry are there, the only hope is for the offensive side. I am not scared off by Bryant. I think he is a gamechanger and will let this offense really blossom. Some hard coaching and he will be big time (at least early in his career before he has a chance to get too diva) Spiller is a big play waiting to happen and would provide a much needed big play threat.

If somehow none of the 4 are left, I would hope Miami takes Dan Williams or Jared Odrick, two extremely safe and unflashy picks. I hope it does not get to that. Lets hope Dez is there and they go for it. Thoughts?
Quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
Catch_23
Rookie

Catch_23 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I completley agree about those 4 prospects your talking about and if Bryant is there i say we have to take him, he is way to good of a player to pass up and he would even fill a huge need at WR. If Spiller is there i would love for us to take him as our offense could use a big play threat but i'm not sure if Bill is going to go down that road right now.

But if both are gone i'd more like to see us take Kindle as i think he would be a better prospect for us even though we would be reaching a little for him. But i would understand taking a guy like Dan Williams as he would fill a need for us but either way we would be reaching for a guy and i would hate for that to happen and i would hate it if Bryant and Spiller are both gone.
Catch_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Catch,

Of the pass rushers, I think Kindle would make the most sense for Miami because he "fits the suit" for their size/speed criteria. I just don't know about him in coverage. I think he can make a pretty good pass rusher, but I am a little scared of him at #12.... I think a Ricky Sapp in rd 2 could do the same job. Agreed that we really need to hope Bryant is there, because he is exactly what this team needs to help the offense take the next step...
Old 04-09-2010, 10:24 AM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ricky Sapp is not a good football player. There aren't a lot of guys I'd be upset at if we picked them, he is one of them. He's a pretty good athlete but he doesn't have a great motor and doesn't have any good football skills. I really like Kindle opposite Wake, Kindle has tons of experience at linebacker already, does a very good job of stacking and setting the edge and is also an explosive athlete who can rush the passer. He also has a great motor to boot. I want Dez at 12 but if we don't take him I really hope we take Kindle.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 10:29 AM    (permalink
thebow305
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Ricky Sapp is not a good football player. There aren't a lot of guys I'd be upset at if we picked them, he is one of them. He's a pretty good athlete but he doesn't have a great motor and doesn't have any good football skills. I really like Kindle opposite Wake, Kindle has tons of experience at linebacker already, does a very good job of stacking and setting the edge and is also an explosive athlete who can rush the passer. He also has a great motor to boot. I want Dez at 12 but if we don't take him I really hope we take Kindle.
Agreed. I am a little higher on Sapp than you I suppose, and I wouldn't be upset if we took him in the 2nd. But I think his real value is in the 3rd round. If we could get a Dez Bryant/Morgan Burnett combo in the 1st two rounds, I would LOVE to get Sapp in the 3rd.

Old 04-09-2010, 10:38 AM    (permalink
Grizzlegom
Mr. Rogers
All-Pro

Quote:
I'll get in line with this thinking as well. when the offseason began Kindle was the number one player that I wanted and as time went on other players have come and gone on the who i want list but at the end of the day, I think he's still probably the best fit. I really don't think Bryant is going to make it to our pick but if he did, I'd welcome him with open arms as well and I still love Derrick Morgan as a SOLB opposite Wake as well since he's better against the run than Kindle but I guess that would depend on how BP and company feel about his ability to play in space.

I'm also a Sapp fan but I think 43 is too early for him. I'm still holding out hope that Mount Cody or Nate Allen are there at 43.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 04-09-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Guru, its not that I don't think Kindle can be a good fit, but he has his share of questions too.. His first step is not that great.. I just don't think 12 is a good spot to take that chance. While I agree that Sapp is a question mark, I used him as an example only because I don't think Jerry Hughes makes it to 43... I would much rather take the chance at 43 than 12.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzlegom View Post
I'll get in line with this thinking as well. when the offseason began Kindle was the number one player that I wanted and as time went on other players have come and gone on the who i want list but at the end of the day, I think he's still probably the best fit. I really don't think Bryant is going to make it to our pick but if he did, I'd welcome him with open arms as well and I still love Derrick Morgan as a SOLB opposite Wake as well since he's better against the run than Kindle but I guess that would depend on how BP and company feel about his ability to play in space.

I'm also a Sapp fan but I think 43 is too early for him. I'm still holding out hope that Mount Cody or Nate Allen are there at 43.
I just don't see Morgan as a 3-4 OLB. I think he is more of LE in a 4-3... I would love Cody in rd 2, but I don't think this regime takes him if he gets there.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Catch_23
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quagmire View Post
Catch,

Of the pass rushers, I think Kindle would make the most sense for Miami because he "fits the suit" for their size/speed criteria. I just don't know about him in coverage. I think he can make a pretty good pass rusher, but I am a little scared of him at #12.... I think a Ricky Sapp in rd 2 could do the same job. Agreed that we really need to hope Bryant is there, because he is exactly what this team needs to help the offense take the next step...
I know what you mean with Kindle but imo he offers us better value at 12 than a guy like Dan Williams does so if Bryant were gone i would much rather see us take Kindle. I'd much rather see us have a 1st 2nd round of Kindle and Cody/ a WR.
Old 04-14-2010, 09:36 AM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Well, things are a little different now... I hope like crazy that they are able to find a trade partner to move down.. Even if they can't get another #2, some addl picks in rds 3 and 4 can really help us now. Big time trade though. If they are stuck at 12, I think it comes down to Williams or Kindle right now with my money being on Williams. Lets hope they can move down and get some more picks. I also hope they keep Ginn and let him be the deep threat now that Marshall will be occupying the #1 CB...
Old 04-14-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Catch_23
Rookie

What do you guys think about if we stay at 12 drafting a guy like Earl Thomas to help fill our FS void right now to help out our secondary?
Old 04-14-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Catch,

I think they need to find a way to move down. They need to fill numerous holes and having those picks in rds 2 to 4 is the way to do it..
Old 04-20-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, how's it going? Long time no see.

With the addition of Marshall, my desire to take Bryant is non-existent which is good because I was really wanting to see us go after the defense and get that taken care of. I love our depth at Corner right now, but Safety, Linebacker and D-Line are all question marks. My ideal scenario sees us trading back to recoup a pick and take Earl Thomas late Round 1. I'm never one to bank on a trade happening though so I wouldn't be thrilled to see us take him at 12 and while he'd be somewhat of a reach himself, if we stay at 12 I would be very happy with Dan Williams. I'd rather reach for a Nose Tackle than a safety and getting Williams means we wouldn't have to duct tape a guy in there. Kindle is probably 2nd on my list right now but I think NT is a bigger need.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Quagmire
Rookie

Wow, this board is crazy dead for the day before the draft..

My final thoughts...

I really hope they can trade out of 12 and get back a #2. The quality of players in the 2nd rd is amazing...

If they don't deal, my ideal pick would be Jason Pierre-Paul. I don't think he makes it there though... Maybe a Kindle or Hughes otherwise. Need the pass rusher.

I have been reading the Ryan Mathews name associated with Miami. Not sure how true it is, but that would definitely mean Brown is a goner..

Need a gamebreaking returner in this draft. Preferably a DB who can be a Nate Jones type player while returning kicks.

The greedy part of me wants to keep drafting offense, but the smart part of me says that they really need front 7 help on D..

Thoughts?
Old 04-21-2010, 08:30 PM    (permalink
4U2NV
Hall of Famer
Pro Bowler

4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.4U2NV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't want to see us get Matthews at all. RB is the last of our concerns. We need to re-tool on D, our offence is coming along fine, Henne is a very good prospect, our O-Line played very well last season, we've got a stud WR with a fairly steady supporting cast and our running game is one of the league's best. Right now I think our three biggest needs are at Linebacker, Nose Tackle and Safety. If we address any of those with our first pick I'll be happy.
4U2NV is offline   Reply With Quote