Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Minnesota Vikings Team Forum

Minnesota Vikings Team Forum Discuss the Vikings

Old 01-28-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default McNabb?

Eagle fan here...Just wondering what ya'll think about the Mcnabb rumors to the vikes?
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Makes sense if Favre bolts.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Favre is gone then I say we pursue him. But I don't want to give much up for him. Maybe a 2nd round pick at the most.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

a 2nd round pick is a lot for a guy who is only going to be around maybe 4 years and has a injury history ten miles long. I loved McNabb coming out of college i would of loved and cheered for him to be a viking but we have some serious needs DT MLB CB QB OL S and possibly RB that we need just to maintain the momentium we have now. 2nd round pick is just too much to give for a 3-4 year stop gap. That they will have to rid themselves any way of
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:40 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
a 2nd round pick is a lot for a guy who is only going to be around maybe 4 years and has a injury history ten miles long. I loved McNabb coming out of college i would of loved and cheered for him to be a viking but we have some serious needs DT MLB CB QB OL S and possibly RB that we need just to maintain the momentium we have now. 2nd round pick is just too much to give for a 3-4 year stop gap. That they will have to rid themselves any way of
That seems completely backwards. The Vikings are ready to win now.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid_Ego View Post
I disagree I mean I would try to make a huge trade and get McNabb for a 3rd but it won't happen. You are not going to get an above average starting QB for less than a 2nd round pick. That said I would drop a 2nd if I were the vikes. The Vikings are so close to a SB it is not even funny. It took 5 turnovers to have the Saints beat you and even then it went into overtime. This point is mute if Favre comes back but it is time to win now You can get safety in the third round. (The kid from FSU should be still there) You take care of your QB. You can hit one of the other 3 needs in round 1 if Pat Williams comes back that is one less thing you have to worry about for the next season. That is 4 of your 6 needs already taken care of in the first 3 rounds. The OLine isn't that bad really get some depth in round 5 and then grab a CB in round 4. Are they perefect? no but no team is without needs.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 04:33 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Geez you guys overrate draft picks so much. McNabb is probably a top 10 QB in the league and 2nd rounders are hit or miss. If the Eagles offered that we would be stupid to say no.

As broth said we are insanely close right now and to not fill the biggest need on the team because you don't want to give up a pick where it's a 50/50 chance whoever we pick is going to be worth a damn anyway would make no sense.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Kid_Ego
Veteran

Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.Kid_Ego smells like sex panther.

I really dont see it that way. I see the fact we have had excellant production out of the second round Loadholt johnson rice griffin henderson Kliensasser with our one bad pick being Cook who may actually not be that bad if we left him at the same position and his orginal position Center. Compared to just 5 first rounders since Bryant McKinnie The Second Round is usually Production over prediction. Usually second rounders are solid players who almost always make the team. at affordable prices that is why the patriots usually trade out of the first and into the second and third rounds because all the bull crap is usually out of the way and the quality players.
Kid_Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd glady give up a 2nd round pick for McNabb and so would the Vikings. The issue is that Philly probably wants more than a 2nd.
hagy34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagy34 View Post
I'd glady give up a 2nd round pick for McNabb and so would the Vikings. The issue is that Philly probably wants more than a 2nd.
This. I'd be willing to give up next year's first for him as well as a mid-late rounder(5th-6th), or a second this year and a mid-late rounder.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 12:27 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't give up a first for McNabb.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-08-2010, 04:47 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

a second rounder for mcnabb would make me cream.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 04:08 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I would give up a 2nd as well, but I'd be upset if they threw a 1st at the Eagles.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:04 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hagy34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm hoping we keep Favre and don't have to worry about a trade this year. But would you guys really be upset with the thought of trading Chad Jones/Nate Allen/Brian Price ect. for McNabb?

This team would be way better off with McNabb and no 1st round pick than with TJack/Sage and whom ever we select. We are in a position where if Favre walks we almost have to overpay for a QB. Whether that be McNabb or even trading up for Bradford.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:20 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
I'm hoping we keep Favre and don't have to worry about a trade this year. But would you guys really be upset with the thought of trading Chad Jones/Nate Allen/Brian Price ect. for McNabb?

This team would be way better off with McNabb and no 1st round pick than with TJack/Sage and whom ever we select. We are in a position where if Favre walks we almost have to overpay for a QB. Whether that be McNabb or even trading up for Bradford.
Trading up for Bradford would honestly be better than spending too much on McNabb. I know that Bradford is an NFL ready QB. He's kind of like Mark Sanchez, only with more experience. McNabb is just injury prone. And spending a 1st on him would be terrible. Trade this years 1st and 3rd and next years 1st for Bradford. Sounds good to me. We have everything in place, and this is a really deep draft, especially along the D-line. Someone like Nate Allen or Chad Jones should be there in the 2nd.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-10-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Bradford NFL ready? He hasn't taken a snap under center? Who knows how he reads defenses while dropping back? Footwork?

We always complain about qbs and the system they play in and putting up massive numbers, how is Bradford excluded from this club?
Old 02-10-2010, 09:10 AM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_28 View Post
Trading up for Bradford would honestly be better than spending too much on McNabb. I know that Bradford is an NFL ready QB. He's kind of like Mark Sanchez, only with more experience. McNabb is just injury prone. And spending a 1st on him would be terrible. Trade this years 1st and 3rd and next years 1st for Bradford. Sounds good to me. We have everything in place, and this is a really deep draft, especially along the D-line. Someone like Nate Allen or Chad Jones should be there in the 2nd.
Spending a 1st on McNabb wouldn't be ideal but it wouldn't be terrible. How can you say that. You have no idea what Bradford would bring. I want Bradford as much as the next guy but it is very unlikely we will be in a position to move up to get him. And for the record he is nothing like Mark Sanchez? Where do you get that comparison?? Sanchez was much more NFL ready coming out of USC playing a legit pro style offense.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:52 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Spending a 1st on McNabb wouldn't be ideal but it wouldn't be terrible. How can you say that. You have no idea what Bradford would bring. I want Bradford as much as the next guy but it is very unlikely we will be in a position to move up to get him. And for the record he is nothing like Mark Sanchez? Where do you get that comparison?? Sanchez was much more NFL ready coming out of USC playing a legit pro style offense.
I understand that. But I'm saying that Bradford would play the same role in the Vikings offense as Mark Sanchez did in the Jets offense. Game manager and basically let the running game and defense do the work. And to tell you the truth, I'd rather have Bradford than Sanchez, cause Sanchez was a starter for 1 year in college. Bradford has been for a while.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-10-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No first for McNabb. Late first rounders are arguably more valuable than top 10 picks in the current climate, although without a cap coming it probably goes back to the old value.

I'd do a 2nd and a 4th and not blink.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:30 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McNabb's not going anywhere...

And you're crazy if you think anything less than a 1st would net you McNabb. He's a top 10 qb in the league.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post

And you're crazy if you think anything less than a 1st would net you McNabb. He's a top 10 qb in the league.
He's a top 10 injury prone QB. He's a liability.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Quote:
I have an iPhone.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Bertuzzi View Post

I think a 2nd AND a 3rd could do it for McNabb. He is entering the decline stage and the Eagles seem to really like Kevin Kolb (who, in terms of cost, is probably more valuable to Philly than McNabb).. it's still unlikely that McNabb leaves Philly, but if he did, I could see them netting our 1st for him, sure. But in terms of value, 2nd and 3rd round picks have had a lot more value placed on them because of how cheap they cost to sign for the talent you get. Sidney Rice is making $550,000 next year.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:23 PM    (permalink
BlueBandit24
Rookie

BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.BlueBandit24 could make a wolverine purr.

I don't see anyone giving up a 1st for McNabb. He's still a quality quarterback, but he's turning 34 this year and it's an old 34 considering his history of injuries; he's one major injury from being pretty much done. A 2nd + is OK with me but nothing more.

I dislike the idea of selling the farm for Bradford even more. Two 1st's and a 3rd is far too much IMO, even though it's a pure hypothetical. That's the type of move that could handcuff us for years.
Old 02-11-2010, 03:33 PM    (permalink
hagy34
Veteran

Quote:
Jesus. McNabb is not a liability. Are you crazy??
Old 02-11-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
yeah sorry vikes, i disagree with you. mcnabb isnt a liability. tavaris is a liability.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote