Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-18-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of us want to avoid season finale previews Drew.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
It does look epic!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Some of us want to avoid season finale previews Drew.
Then don't click the link! No link for you!
Old 05-18-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ps guess I was wrong about Shaw? lols!

Old 05-18-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prediction: Chuck knows that there is the overload problem with the Intersect, so I think he's going to try and wear out Shaw's intersect and his father will be able to save Chuck thanks to the Governor thing.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I am in the very small minority that believes Shaw could be the Intersect messing with Chucks brain. I'm probably wrong though. I do hate Shaw though and I hope Chuck finishes what he started and double taps him in the chest.

Old 05-24-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Two hour season finale of Chuck tonight! :D

Old 05-24-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Two hour season finale of Chuck tonight! :D
Sweet!! I thought they were only doing a normal-length finale. I may be confusing Chuck with The Office though.

Hopefully Ellie finally stops being a dumbass.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:30 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

And it's a SEASON finale and not a SERIES finale! Yay!

Old 05-24-2010, 11:33 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also good news of course. Any more rumors about Spy Night for Chuck and The Undercovers?

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-24-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

The schedule is set, so unless they decide to drastically change their Fall lineup, it's not happening. Undercovers is on Wednesday and Chuck is back on Monday.

I have a feeling it'll be the last 13 episodes but hey, a lot of shows are axed before their fourth season, so I'll take what I can get. :)

Old 05-24-2010, 01:03 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Bummer. Chuck on Mondays is such a bad idea. NBC doesn't deserve good shows.

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-24-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Chuck is also going up against the exact same competition in the Fall (DWTS, House, HIMYM/RoE) so it won't grow, but it'll be a steady performer for them.. and maybe, JUST MAYBE IF they promote it during SNF and the summer you could maybe maybe maybe get back to 2.4/2.5 range, but those are big ifs.

Old 05-24-2010, 01:42 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is this coming on at it's normal time or is it starting an hour earlier?
Old 05-24-2010, 01:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Tonight, or in the fall?

Tonight it's on at 8/7c like usual, it's just going for 2 hours.

Old 05-24-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dibs on Casey's daughter.

Epic finale! Loved every minute. Can't wait for next season!

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 09:50 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Seriously epic finale! Really great job by the writers! I think they tied it up nicely.. but now.. who is his mom?! I wonder who they get to play her for next year..

It looks like Orion had a ton of files on a lot of different organizations and missions.. that means this is just the beginning.

How is Chuck going to keep being a spy after he promised Ellie? Speaking of Ellie, I thought it was great how she learned about it.. and I can't believe Scott Bakula is dead. :(

I know I jumped around a lot but I loved loved loved that finale. Can't wait for the Fall. :)

Old 05-24-2010, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a very good finale. They've done a great job with finales in their short tenure. Most TV finales are lacking but Chuck has done an excellent job of wrapping it up.

That said, for as good as this one was, the season two finale still can't be matched. It was way too epic.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:02 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah, this doesn't touch the s2 finale, but it was still VERY well done.

Another note: Adam Baldwin was amazing this episode. I loved that he went to protect his daughter right away.. seems like there is a human side to Col. John Casey yet.. and I wonder if his daughter is going to be a returning cast member for next year? I somehow doubt it, but wouldn't hate it either.

Feinberg (who does a podcast with Alan Sepinwall) suggested that Mary McDonnell (from BSG!) would be a great person to cast as Mama Bartowski.. and I can't agree more.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:08 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh God that would just be too weird.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 10:13 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

If not her then who?

I've seen two names floating around from the fans:

Lynda Carter, who originally played Wonder Woman
Mary McDonnell, who played President Laura Roslin from BSG

The big thing is, the casting for his dad was so perfect. Scott Bakula was the perfect choice for Papa Bartowski, so they really need to hit a homerun on the cast for his mom now too.

Excited to see who it'll be. :)

Old 05-25-2010, 08:51 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Awesome... Just Awesome...

Loved how everything is wrapped up and yet everything is still entirely open.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Overall this was a great finale. I am a little more critical of the show than some of you but I have to give credit to the writers on this one, great way to end a good season.

Pros:

- The Buy More blew up.
- Jeffster are FUGITIVES!
- Casey getting to know his daughter
- Morgan getting hardcore with breaking his own thumbs
- Ellie, Awesome, and Morgan saving the spies (car missile FTW)
- Chuck NAILED the Russian accent and look
- Ellie stopped being so dumb
- The direction they're taking looks very interesting (freelance spying, Momma Bartowski, etc)
- FINALLY Ellie, Morgan, and Awesome all know about Chuck and don't have to be secretive around each other anymore.

Cons:

- I wanted them to kill Shaw outright. No resolution there.
- I wanted to see what happened with the Five. No resolution there either.
- The use of Jeffster was not as epic as I expected during the ending fight. I didn't even recognize the song they played and they just really didn't focus much on the video at all.
- I will miss Papa Bartowski

i done stole dis sig
Old 05-25-2010, 11:58 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Allow me to respond to your cons!

I read an interview with Chris Fedak where he was asked about Chuck not killing Shaw, and he gave a great answer: Chuck shot Shaw on the bridge to save Sarah, but Chuck is NOT a killer.. at that point (in the Buy More) Chuck already WON.. and since he isn't a killer, he was done. What I would have loved, personally, is Shaw telling Chuck that he can't kill because he's weak, and then Chuck saying "I can't, but she can" and watching Sarah shoot him multiple times in the chest, but, eh, I understand why they did what they did.

I also thought it was a little too easy for them to catch the Ring "Five" but with a reduced budget and having no idea if they were going to get the back 6 episodes, I'll let it slide. If they had the full 19 order at the start of the season they could have spaced it out a bit more and made it a little more "believable" but they couldn't, so I'll give it to em.

You're definitely right about the Jeffster! video.. I was hoping it'd play a bigger part there, maybe even both Shaw and Chuck stopping and looking at the monitors weirdly before continuing to fight, but whatevs. I also didn't really think the fight scene was done that well, but you could probably chalk that up to a) Zach Levi not really being a great action actor or b) The intersect was on the fritz and it played a part in him not being able to just flat out kick his ass.

I can't agree more about missing Scott Bakula. Like I said in a previous post, I thought it was PERFECT casting and I'm a huge Bakula fan to begin with. It sucks that he's gone, but I'm thinking we'll see a lot of "flashback" moments with him in season4.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If they really want to bring Scott Bakula back, they could you know. I mean, there was a cellular regeneration thingy that saved Shaw in the very next room.

They probably won't though.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote