Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-25-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
I read an interview with Chris Fedak where he was asked about Chuck not killing Shaw, and he gave a great answer: Chuck shot Shaw on the bridge to save Sarah, but Chuck is NOT a killer.. at that point (in the Buy More) Chuck already WON.. and since he isn't a killer, he was done. What I would have loved, personally, is Shaw telling Chuck that he can't kill because he's weak, and then Chuck saying "I can't, but she can" and watching Sarah shoot him multiple times in the chest, but, eh, I understand why they did what they did.
I get why they didn't want him to kill Shaw. I don't agree with it, but I at least get it. That is just how Chuck is. But all we know is that Shaw got KTFO. Did he blow up with the Buy More? Was he taken into custody? Where is he? I thought they dropped the ball a little there.

Quote:
I also thought it was a little too easy for them to catch the Ring "Five" but with a reduced budget and having no idea if they were going to get the back 6 episodes, I'll let it slide. If they had the full 19 order at the start of the season they could have spaced it out a bit more and made it a little more "believable" but they couldn't, so I'll give it to em.
Again, they should've showed them escaping improbably, or being forced into a NSA detention van, or something. It was really important to catch them. Where the hell did they go after the stairwell scene?

Quote:
You're definitely right about the Jeffster! video.. I was hoping it'd play a bigger part there, maybe even both Shaw and Chuck stopping and looking at the monitors weirdly before continuing to fight, but whatevs. I also didn't really think the fight scene was done that well, but you could probably chalk that up to a) Zach Levi not really being a great action actor or b) The intersect was on the fritz and it played a part in him not being able to just flat out kick his ass.
I agree that scene in general was not great. You're probably right about Levi's action hero prowess (though by now you'd think he'd be getting more comfortable with it). The Jeffster integration just faded into the background completely.

So here's a question. Chuck and Shaw had the same intersect in their heads, right? Was Chucks "specialness" with the ability to process so much info without problems the reason he ultimately won? Really, with the same intersect, Shaw should've easily wiped the floor with Chuck. He is stronger and has had more actual combat training.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
If they really want to bring Scott Bakula back, they could you know. I mean, there was a cellular regeneration thingy that saved Shaw in the very next room.

They probably won't though.
I really thought with Ellie there that once they left she would go work some doctor miracle and save him.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:59 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
So here's a question. Chuck and Shaw had the same intersect in their heads, right? Was Chucks "specialness" with the ability to process so much info without problems the reason he ultimately won? Really, with the same intersect, Shaw should've easily wiped the floor with Chuck. He is stronger and has had more actual combat training.
I don't think they have the same intersect at all. I think The Ring built their own.. I'm sure they incorporated many of the same things (no brainers like martial arts, use of weapons, etc) but I think it was their own creation.

What I'm thinking is, when does Chuck not need to flash on the same martial arts over and over? What about muscle memory? You'd think after flashing on something a lot you'd be used to it and wouldn't *NEED* the intersect to do it. Oh well, I suspend belief with TV shows anyway!

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I remember there was a big fuss made in one of the other episodes about Chuck's ability to process and break down the hidden images which the Intersect draws upon. I also remember a specific type of brain being needed for the intersect to properly run, so its entirely plausible that Shaw's brain didn't take to the Intersect the same way Chuck's did, and therefore creating any differences in apparent skill.

Great, great finale. They did such a good job wrapping everything up, that some other shows (LOST, anyone?) could probably learn a thing or two from.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:05 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really loved this. I was about like Killswitch with my pros and cons, and I think their number one priority for mama Bartowski is definitely Lynda Carter. The woman at the end reminded me a lot of her.
Old 05-25-2010, 05:44 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They said that she was just a placeholder and they'd be interviewing people to play Ma Bartowski in the next month or so.

Like I said, it absolutely has to be a slam dunk here though as Scott Bakula was PERFECTLY cast.

Old 05-25-2010, 05:57 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, as funny as it is that Jeffster is on the lam (sp?) they need to explain why they are considering so many people know why the Buy More actually exploded.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
Also, as funny as it is that Jeffster is on the lam (sp?) they need to explain why they are considering so many people know why the Buy More actually exploded.
It will probably go away after a quick phone call by some CIA rep to the local police and media. Unless they decide to use that as a way to divert attention away from themselves.

On the subject of Shaw, I think he turned into a pretty decent bad guy, but there are some things I would've changed. He turned to the Ring because he was so furious about his wife's death. He wanted revenge. But once he came back he seemed too smug and villainy. I would've preferred to see him more unhinged, driven by grief and rage and conflicted over what he was doing. No biggie, I just think it was a missed opportunity to have a more original anti-villain.

Speaking of missed opportunities (and going off of what vidae said about muscle memory) , one of the challenges of this show is finding a balance between the bumbling nerd Chuck was and the slick intersect-augmented spy he is becoming. A good device would've been to show the physical effects of Chuck's body doing acrobatic things like karate and jumping past lasers without being used to it. His brain artificially knew what to do, but his body wouldn't be accustomed to it and would be cripplingly sore after a strenuous activity. Eventually his body would've adapted and his recovery time would've gone down and eventually vanished altogether. Again, not a big deal, just something that would've added to the growth of Chuck as a character, IMO.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone else think that the Orion files might make Chuck once again question Sarah and Casey in a few episodes in the future? I feel like that is going to get old real quick. That was my only concern.

Also, epic finale!
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaw's evil laugh was awesome. He was a fairy decent bad guy. His character was a lot better bad than good. :/

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
Crickett
All-Pro

Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crickett is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What I'm thinking is, when does Chuck not need to flash on the same martial arts over and over?
Additional martial arts graphics would cost money, and the show does not need to bring that particular anvil onto the thin ice its been on for years. Apparently, this is my 4,400th post.
Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
Additional martial arts graphics would cost money, and the show does not need to bring that particular anvil onto the thin ice its been on for years. Apparently, this is my 4,400th post.
I didn't mean the graphics themselves, I meant that after flashing on martial arts 23847258923849 times he'd probably be able to accomplish what he needed to WITHOUT flashing, ie, muscle memory kicks in and he instinctively knows how to fight.

And yeah, Shaw was a pretty awful good guy, but I really liked him as a villain. I just hope we don't see him at all next year.

Last edited by vidae : 05-25-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Buy More exploding was some hilarious CGI.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 09:29 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Yeah it was awful, but with a reduced budget you can only do so much.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the bad CGI works in campy shows like this and Buffy, so I didn't mind it. I was very sad when Bakula died, because I do not approve of Bakula death.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-25-2010, 09:52 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I agree good sir. Bakula is awesome, and it really sucked when he died.. I teared up a little. :(

Old 05-25-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

The Buy More going down can't hold Jeffster down, but does that mean the end of Big Mike?
Old 05-25-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Sorry for the double post, but I thought it would be interesting to bring up the names that were on the files at the end of the finale......
1. Ted Roark (DECEASED stamped on it)
2. Operation LARKIN
3. Fulcrum Files
4. Identity: ORION
5. Identity: Hydra
6. Corvus: Phase Two
7. The Aries Papers
8. The Triangulum (CAPTURED stamped on it)
9. The Fornax Group
10. Operation: CYGNUS
11. MARY ELIZABETH BARTOWSKI: MISSING

The two main things that stick out to me are Operation Larkin, which doesn't have deceased or closed stamped on it like some of the others. Also, it'll be interesting to find out more about the Hydra ID. Is it just another ID for Papa Bartowski or maybe mama Bartowski?
Old 07-15-2010, 05:20 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Chuck is coming back September 20th. This will be the first year that it will return for the Fall schedule! :D

Old 07-15-2010, 06:41 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

Sweet. I was hoping we didn't have to wait for January again.
Old 07-25-2010, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

So Linda Hamilton is going to be Chuck's mom.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-25-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
So Linda Hamilton is going to be Chuck's mom.
Milf? Me thinks!

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good choice from cred perspective but can't act. No Bakula.

Even in T2 she can't act...but she is really buff.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Good choice from cred perspective but can't act. No Bakula.

Even in T2 she can't act...but she is really buff.
She is a fine actor goddammit.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-26-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
She is a fine actor goddammit.
In what...

I had to go get the quotes but I remember these two scenes have got to be the most poorly delivered lines ever. They actually make this writing worse.

"The unknown future rolls toward us. I face it, for the first time, with a sense of hope. Because if a machine, a Terminator, can learn the value of human life, maybe we can too. "

"Watching John with the machine, it was suddenly so clear. The terminator wouldn't stop, it would never leave him. It would never hurt him or shout at him or get drunk and hit him or say it was too busy to spend time with him. And it would die to protect him. Of all the would-be fathers that came over the years, this thing, this machine, was the only thing that measured up. In an insane world, it was the sanest choice."
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that her fault though? James Cameron movies aren't exactly beacons of great dialogue and acting.

Shiver is online now   Reply With Quote