Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 03-31-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Good call vidae. My wife also called that one, I didn't see it coming though.

Anyone think Shaw has no intention of killing Sarah at all, and instead is taking her somewhere to kill whoever gave her the order? He has to know it was her red test and that she didn't know who she was taking out.

Sarah's hypocrisy was a little annoying, I'm glad they're not dwelling on that angle a bunch.

Good episode, I wouldn't call it the best at all though.
That's what I'm thinking.
Old 03-31-2010, 03:20 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
That's what I'm thinking.
Seems like a good way to move the story. Having him try to kill Sarah (and of course be killed in the process) seems too unjust and undignified of a way to end his character on the show. I think they'll work together to find out who gave the order, Shaw will either kill that person and go into hiding, or it'll turn out to be a long drawn-out thing and Shaw will go off in search of his revenge. Either way I don't think he can keep any feelings he has for Sarah. It wasn't her fault, but there's no way he would be with her when she was the one to pull the trigger.

I just don't know what they're going to do with Chuck. He is too big for the Buy More now. He can't stay there, especially with Casey needing to be brought back on as an agent and Awesome needing Chuck to leave so Elie will consent to going to Africa. And he can't just run off with Sarah and hide, no one would watch that for very long.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great Chuck Q&A here. Some spoily stuff at the end, so don't read the second part if you don't want something spoiled.

Worth a read anyway though.

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune....hary-levi.html

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know the guy who plays Shaw only signed on for a number of episodes that wraps up here in the next week or two... My guess is he gets killed in the act of saving either Chuck or Sarah.

I don't want to believe he has been around all season ONLY to turn out evil in the end. It's too easy to write a character off that way.

Whistler6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 12:01 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We previously talked about who we thought could be the death this season? What if it's Beckman? What if she gave the order to Sarah and that's who Shaw wants to kill now?

idk, just a thought.

Old 04-03-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Beckman gets iced!
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:54 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Apparently this episode Monday is the best Chuck episode to date! Multiple sources reporting it! So excited. :D

Old 04-05-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae View Post
Apparently this episode Monday is the best Chuck episode to date! Multiple sources reporting it! So excited. :D
After last season's finale I think that's going to be tough, but now I'm excited.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-05-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I miss Bryce Larkin :(
Quote:
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
Old 04-05-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** YES **** YES BEST EPISODE EVER.

Seriously, **** YES.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 09:51 PM    (permalink
HChu
All-Pro

HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HChu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

...That was amazing. I can't even describe how awesome and fulfilling that episode was.

BoneKrusher
HChu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:27 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Absolutely perfect episode from start to finish. Absolutely PERFECT. This is why I started to watch this show in the first place.

I listened to people whine and ***** about the direction of the show but never stopped believing in the writing team and their vision for this season. They could not have done a better job. This was, hands down, the best episode of Chuck to date and no others come close.

Just amazing.

Old 04-06-2010, 12:41 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

That was absolutely awesome. On the edge of my seat the entire time, and what a picture perfect ending. Routh as the fallen hero was pitch perfect, and the ending was just awesome. I think I speak for us all when I say about ******* time.

Overall, just a fantastic season. Really thrilled with the way that turned out. I know it isnt over and 6 more episodes were ordered and filmed, but I for one would have been ok if the series ended right there. That was awesome.
Quote:
Old 04-06-2010, 12:07 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Chuck stayed steady (or was flat, depending on how you look at it) with a 2.1 for last nights episode, blah.

Here is to hoping the word is out and the back six will get better ratings.

quick edit: It was up against the NCAA championship game in Mountain/Pacific time zones, so some are thinking it could have been as high as 2.3. 2.3 isn't a lock for renewal, but it is better. It's looking like a 2.1 isn't as bad as it seemed originally.

Last edited by vidae : 04-06-2010 at 12:14 PM.
Old 04-06-2010, 08:40 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Whistler6 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Chuck stayed steady (or was flat, depending on how you look at it) with a 2.1 for last nights episode, blah.

Here is to hoping the word is out and the back six will get better ratings.

quick edit: It was up against the NCAA championship game in Mountain/Pacific time zones, so some are thinking it could have been as high as 2.3. 2.3 isn't a lock for renewal, but it is better. It's looking like a 2.1 isn't as bad as it seemed originally.
I mentioned this in the TV thread, but NBC has renewed Marriage Ref and Minute to Win it. If Chuck is canceled but those 2 shows renewed, the heads at NBC deserve to be dropped immediately.

Unfortunately good tv doesn't always equal great numbers. Here's an interview with executive producer Chris Fedak about last night's show. The interview was held before the show aired, but it's still pretty spoiler filled.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/OMG-Chuc...d-1016954.aspx

Old 04-06-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

It's really quite amazing how there is not only a rabid group of viewers among fans but also critics. This show is loved by all the critics I've read, but that unfortunately doesn't transform into ratings. I still blame the night. It's up against some of the most watch shows in TV right now. Meh.

Old 04-06-2010, 10:57 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Chuck me a Chuck scoop, please! — Becca
MICKEY: We asked Zach Levi if Chuck's first kill was just the beginning of a new, violent phase for the cuddly nerd. "Chuck is not comfortable using guns and goes out of his way to not use guns," he tells us. "It's all I've been wanting to do for two-and-a-half years is kill people, but for Chuck, it brings him to his next step of evolution, good and bad."

http://www.tvguide.com/News/MegaBuzz...e-1016971.aspx

Old 04-06-2010, 11:08 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

He definitely will not be a killer. Schwartz and Fedak have already stated that multiple times. The only instance he would ever shoot someone was if Sarah was in danger.. she was, and he did it, but it was just for her.

Old 04-06-2010, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Whistler6
Pro Bowler

Quote:
It's really quite amazing how there is not only a rabid group of viewers among fans but also critics. This show is loved by all the critics I've read, but that unfortunately doesn't transform into ratings. I still blame the night. It's up against some of the most watch shows in TV right now. Meh.
It's an endless battle...See Freaks and Geeks, Arrested Development, Firefly, Futurama, Playmakers, etc. Okay, maybe kidding a bit on the last one, but the show sucked me in.

I refuse to believe Chuck will die.

Old 04-07-2010, 01:36 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

I'm more confident this year than I was last year for renewal, but it could go either way. Here is to hoping that NBC pulls their heads out of their asses and gives us another season.

Old 04-07-2010, 09:03 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Very good episode. I can't say it was best ever, season 2 finale is still the best IMO.

Thoughts:

- I really didn't think Shaw would turn out like he did. Why did he have to take her all the way to that warehouse just to show her the tape? Why did he have his gun out when he walked in, then put it away and act like he didn't think it was her fault that she shot his wife? I thought they'd give the character more of a dignified ending. I like it, and I guess I like that I didn't expect it.
- Was that a quadruple cross by Shaw? No I guess just a triple cross. Was the purpose of all the intrigue to get Sarah to France, to that spot where his wife died?
- No more Ring. What do they do now? The Ring didn't turn out to be all that formidable.
- Morgan is an official spy, weird. They now have a way to keep the Buy More in. I don't see any way Chuck can keep working there. I'm guessing he'll have more of a tech role and won't be doing field work.
- Casey reinstated by holding the Ring leader hostage. He could've demanded money but just wanted his old job back. Awesome.
- Chuck finally killed somebody. How long until he has to do it again? Will it be to save Sarah? If not, will she get hypocritical again and leave him?
- Chuck and Sarah FINALLY do it. At least that was the implication.
- Will we ever find out who gave the order to kill Shaw's wife? Does it matter anymore?

I need to go back and watch again to see if I notice things I missed the first time.

i done stole dis sig

Last edited by killxswitch : 04-07-2010 at 09:06 AM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:22 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Chuck finally banging Sarah was like me banging Sarah. It felt good.
Old 04-07-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

From what I read from a few different interviews, The Ring is far from dead, and part of the reason that Fulcrum seemed more formidable was largely due to the budget cuts. They had a big plan for The Ring, but with a reduced budget I don't think they were able to really make it work how they wanted it.

Old 04-07-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

Quote:
From what I read from a few different interviews, The Ring is far from dead, and part of the reason that Fulcrum seemed more formidable was largely due to the budget cuts. They had a big plan for The Ring, but with a reduced budget I don't think they were able to really make it work how they wanted it.
Bummer. Maybe they should ratchet back on The Ring and just do more standard CIA operations. It isn't like spies are only assassins, or that they spend all their time going after rogue spy groups.

Also, Chuck could do non-violent things like covert surveillance and such and narrowly escape. Not that hard to have him avoid killing people.

i done stole dis sig
Old 04-07-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

He could also just pop some people in their kneecaps or wing them in the shoulder. Discharging a gun, especially in fiction, doesnt have to equate to death. I think in the future you are gunna see Chuck carrying a real gun alot more, however I still dont expect him to kill anyone else.
Quote: