Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:24 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3
Default Who Is most Underrated QB In NFL?

The most underrated QB in the NFL might be Ben Roethlisberger's , he has done so much for his team winning two super bowls and putting up big numbers but when people mention QB'S they don't mention him with the elites and I just don't get that?
raiderchampion3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
DeathbyStat
Pro Bowler

DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeathbyStat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderchampion3 View Post
The most underrated QB in the NFL might be Ben Roethlisberger's , he has done so much for his team winning two super bowls and putting up big numbers but when people mention QB'S they don't mention him with the elites and I just don't get that?

Big Ben is somewhat underrated no matter what he does I don't think he will ever shake the game manager title that he had early in career, the guy simply wins games..its not allways pretty

As far as underated I'll go with Matt Schaub and Aaron Rodgers, but its hard to go with Rodgers beacause everone is hyping him after his play this year.

Thank you Lebron James, you are truly a King Among Men.

"O-H-I-O...its a four letter word."
Mike Tirico

Magilla Gorilla ain'ta killa, ...

Roger Goodell's Beautify the NFL Campaign-No Violence-No Criminals-No Fun

I remember Marshawn Lynch
DeathbyStat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:35 PM    (permalink
Halsey
Pro Bowler

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eli Manning

He has his bad games, but when he's on...well, see the playoffs from a couple of years ago. He's viewed as Peyton's spoiled little brother who has an aloof look to him. He's a pretty good starting QB who can be very good at times and never misses games.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Matt Schaub right now. He had a pretty damn good season this year, yet he really doesn't get talked about too much. He does have Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels to throw to. Still a good QB though.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good call on Schaub.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:47 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the Schaub pick here. Strongly disagree on Roethlisberger though. For a long time he was considered a top 3 guy by alot of people. I think its hard to look passed Donovan McNabb as well

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chad Henne. I don't know how you can ask for much more from a 1st year starter than what he served up this last year, with weapons that left a lot to be desired. Looking forward to watching his development.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro

AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Chad Henne. I don't know how you can ask for much more from a 1st year starter than what he served up this last year, with weapons that left a lot to be desired. Looking forward to watching his development.
Hennes a good call as well. I think he needs to work on his touch passes in the offseason. It seemed every pass was a fastball but for a relatively new QB he done very well with as you mentioned lacklustre talent around

BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
Matt Schaub right now. He had a pretty damn good season this year, yet he really doesn't get talked about too much. He does have Andre Johnson and Owen Daniels to throw to. Still a good QB though.
Daniels went on IR early this year and he didn't really miss a beat.

For underated I think the media/general public underate Rivers. He has been playing like an elite QB the last few years and doesn't get much pub, he even got snubbed for the pro bowl last year despite leading the league in YPA, TDs and passer rating.

Last edited by Stranger : 02-17-2010 at 03:47 PM.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3 raiderchampion3

My point is Big Ben does not get much praise comparing to already winning two super bowls. The last time I checked Manning won one and he gets all hyped up, also the last time I checked Henne and Schaub has not even made the playoffs and Rivers chokes in the playoffs by not winning the big game.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think its that Rivers is underrated but hated by fans.

He is either the 3rd or 4th best QB in the NFL in my book.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:28 PM    (permalink
contento
Rookie

contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.contento could make a wolverine purr.

It has to be Schaub because most casual NFL fans probably don't realize he actually played the whole season this year...and that his numbers were stupid good.
contento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
My point is Big Ben does not get much praise comparing to already winning two super bowls. The last time I checked Manning won one and he gets all hyped up, also the last time I checked Henne and Schaub has not even made the playoffs and Rivers chokes in the playoffs by not winning the big game.
Your mom chokes in the playoffs, Rivers has only been a starter for 4 years.

For the record I didn't neg rep you, everyone is entitled to their horrible opinions.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kyle Orton.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:36 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ben Roethlisberger isn't good.

He's just clutch.

;)
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:37 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Ben gets more credit than he deserves, frankly. He takes all the credit for "winning 2 superbowls" and no credit for taking a truckload of sacks and causing his online to be discussed as one of the worst in the league.

Schaub is the best answer, I think. The guy puts up elite numbers but nobody really talks about him except to mention him as the guy throwing to Andre.

Rivers gets mentioned as a top talent, it's just that he's a dick and nobody likes him outside of SD.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

CC SD your team chokes in the playoffs including your mom and your family stop the name-calling!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler

Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
CC SD your team chokes in the playoffs including your mom and your family stop the name-calling!
You are cool.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:44 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
I think Ben gets more credit than he deserves, frankly. He takes all the credit for "winning 2 superbowls" and no credit for taking a truckload of sacks and causing his online to be discussed as one of the worst in the league.

Schaub is the best answer, I think. The guy puts up elite numbers but nobody really talks about him except to mention him as the guy throwing to Andre.

Rivers gets mentioned as a top talent, it's just that he's a dick and nobody likes him outside of SD.
Eh...all I have to say is "ends, not means." Can you really argue against the effectiveness of his style? Sure, it ends up in high sack numbers, but ultimately him running around like a chicken with his head cut off leads to more good plays than bad. How many plays did we see him extend with his feet in the Superbowl (especially on that final drive) that Manning would have curled up into a ball and eaten the sack on?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Dissing the team is okay by me, I diss it all the time. Back it up if you're going to knock Rivers though.
Old 02-17-2010, 03:46 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:

Imagine if the Raiders had a playoff game for this guy to choke in?
Old 02-17-2010, 03:49 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

At least the Raiders have won three super bowls and by the way Jamarcus is young and Rivers has been in the league for a while okay
Old 02-17-2010, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Stranger
Veteran

Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stranger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Dissing the team is okay by me, I diss it all the time. Back it up if you're going to knock Rivers though.
You're more concerned about him dissing Rivers than your mom :) a true fan.
Stranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
raiderchampion3
Rookie

Rivers has never won a super bowl and the last few years when everybody chose the Chargers to win it all. Who threw those interceptions in the playoff game against the Jets, who talks a lot without backing it up that is Rivers and the Chargers!
Old 02-17-2010, 03:53 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
At least the Raiders have won three super bowls and by the way Jamarcus is young and Rivers has been in the league for a while okay
There needs to be a rule that if you weren't alive to see your team's Superbowl, you cannot use it as smack talk to another fan.

Seriously dude. The last Raider Superbowl win was in 1980 - thirty years ago. The only two competent head coaches you've had since then (Shannahan and Gruden), you managed to piss off and/or trade for draft picks and cash. Your first round picks scream bust louder than Scarlett Johanssen. And the sad part is that there is no future in sight until your thief owner finally ******* dies.

Seriously, Raider fans shouldn't be allowed to criticize anything except their own team.

Last edited by yourfavestoner : 02-17-2010 at 03:56 PM.