Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-23-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Barry has a son playing ball?

Just finished his sophomore season at Heritage Hall in Oklahoma City - the same school as Wes Welker.

Barry Jr scoring 3 TDs in the 2A State final 2008 as a freshman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dplei_bV_SI
(watch the TD celebration)

Sophomore Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z9q4rKTjrY

Interviews as a sophomore:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh7WUvdQ56k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVmF-AyTnM

Looks like, talks like him, laughs like him. My god, fingers crossed he's going to run like him too. He's already 3 inches taller than his dad.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/f...-Sanders-91034

Lions fans. Start your 2015 mock drafts now. :)
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
boknows34
Veteran

boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.boknows34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViperVisor View Post
Skip Bayless says he isn't a HOFer by his standard.

Cites postseason performances.

Would Bayless put Trent Dilfer in the HOF I wonder? He'd probably vote for Jim Plunkett ahead of Dan Marino too. Thank god Bayless is not a voter and never will be with comments like that.
boknows34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:01 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chargers.com put up the 21 best memories of 21.

http://www.chargers.com/news/article...4-de258b19f811

Obviously Bayless is just trying to get some attention, there's no HoF debate here.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:16 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I honestly don't think LDT lands anywhere. His ego won't allow him to be a complimentary back.

And quite frankly, he's washed up. No team should invest in him when RBs come a dime a dozen in the draft. He should just retire. I don't want to see him end his career the way Edge did.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:28 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boknows34 View Post
Just finished his sophomore season at Heritage Hall in Oklahoma City - the same school as Wes Welker.

Barry Jr scoring 3 TDs in the 2A State final 2008 as a freshman.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dplei_bV_SI
(watch the TD celebration)

Sophomore Highlights
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z9q4rKTjrY

Interviews as a sophomore:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hh7WUvdQ56k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exVmF-AyTnM

Looks like, talks like him, laughs like him. My god, fingers crossed he's going to run like him too. He's already 3 inches taller than his dad.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/highschool/f...-Sanders-91034

Lions fans. Start your 2015 mock drafts now. :)
Kelvin Taylor (Fred Taylor's son)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Barry Sanders, Jr

Started as an 8th grader for a varsity prep school. As an 8th grader, he was 5'11 205 lbs.

http://highschool.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=850677
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

has there ever been a great father/son RB duo in the NFL?
Old 02-23-2010, 10:35 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
has there ever been a great father/son RB duo in the NFL?
Marion Barber Jr/III? Neither one of them is/was great. Or even that good...
Old 02-23-2010, 10:36 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Marion Barber Jr/III? Neither one of them is/was great. Or even that good...
Barber was nasty for like 3 years before he became a walking bruise.

I guess that sort of counts.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:39 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I honestly don't think LDT lands anywhere.
I disagree.

I'm not saying he isn't done but I will be shocked if some team doesn't give him a shot.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:40 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

While there is no doubt he is a first ballot HOFer, Skip is right about his poor postseasons. His postseason numbers are pretty putrid actually. I know a lot of people will say he was injured in a lot of those games but still he could have played in some, especially with title shots being so hard to come by. My guess is he will try to latch on with a SB contender who's willing to give him more than just 3rd back duties.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:42 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LT is a first ballot HOF'er for sure the main reason he didn't play great in the playoffs was do to the fact he gave everything he had to give by the time they got there.
Old 02-23-2010, 10:44 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
I disagree.

I'm not saying he isn't done but I will be shocked if some team doesn't give him a shot.
It'll be Seattle.

They'll have replaced Shaun Alexander with Edgerrin James with Ladainian Tomlinson. It's like a convention for washed up runningbacks!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
LT is a first ballot HOF'er for sure the main reason he didn't play great in the playoffs was do to the fact he gave everything he had to give by the time they got there.
When I look back at LT and compare him to the greats, I always just was bothered by the way he performed in the postseason. I think it boiled down to his leadership qualities and maturity. Even though he was injured you got to get in the game and at least try, its a shot at a SB, something that may only come once in your lifetime The way he acted in the colts playoff game was immature and that stupid dancing video he put out this year only confirms to me that he just doesn't get it. The greats are defined by titles not just career numbers. I know Chargers fans will blast me for this but this is just the way I have always felt.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-23-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
The greats are defined by titles not just career numbers.
If he was a QB I would agree but he is a RB so not so much.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:06 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
When I look back at LT and compare him to the greats, I always just was bothered by the way he performed in the postseason. I think it boiled down to his leadership qualities and maturity. Even though he was injured you got to get in the game and at least try, its a shot at a SB, something that may only come once in your lifetime The way he acted in the colts playoff game was immature and that stupid dancing video he put out this year only confirms to me that he just doesn't get it. The greats are defined by titles not just career numbers. I know Chargers fans will blast me for this but this is just the way I have always felt.
I actually agree with this to an extent. As great as LDT was, and he was great, he was very underwhelming as a postseason back.

Now granted, thats not all his fault, but some of it is. When we talk about the all time greats, you have to be more than just a great regular season guy.

He had no defining post season moments, and his willingness to take himself out when hurt in big moments hurts him in my eyes as well.

I really soured on him when he became full of himself. His own downfall came after the Patriots playoff game, when he ate up all the media love he was getting and became full of himself. His career went downhill from there.

1 of the greats for sure, but i wouldn't put him in the top 5. He needed to have more career defining games to be a top 5 guy.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:10 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hate to say it, but they should have done it 2 years ago.

AJ Smith knew it. He just didn't have the balls to do it. LDT has been washed up for 2 years now.

Great career though, and a first ballot HOFer. I liked him until he whined after losing to the Pats in the playoffs, then mentioning to everyone how he's a classy guy. That was the point in time when LDT officially became full of himself, and thats when his career started to go downhill.
Just +rep'd for something else, but this (and a few others across threads) is dead on. Though I actually like the fact that AJ kept him on as long as he could. It seem like AJ was holding out hope that LT would actually stick to his "I want to go out on top" claims.

Quote:

Skip Bayless is, was, and always will be a giant douchenozzle who only speaks b/c he has an adolescent need to gain attention.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:11 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I actually agree with this to an extent. As great as LDT was, and he was great, he was very underwhelming as a postseason back.

Now granted, thats not all his fault, but some of it is. When we talk about the all time greats, you have to be more than just a great regular season guy.

He had no defining post season moments, and his willingness to take himself out when hurt in big moments hurts him in my eyes as well.

I really soured on him when he became full of himself. His own downfall came after the Patriots playoff game, when he ate up all the media love he was getting and became full of himself. His career went downhill from there.

1 of the greats for sure, but i wouldn't put him in the top 5. He needed to have more career defining games to be a top 5 guy.
Well said, those were pretty much my thoughts as well.

Steddy Ambition!
Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Skip Bayless is, was, and always will be a giant douchenozzle who only speaks b/c he has an adolescent need to gain attention.
Pretty much.
Old 02-23-2010, 11:15 AM    (permalink
B-Dawk
Veteran

B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.B-Dawk is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not sure i buy postseason as a great way to evaluate a RB, it's not like a QB where they are in control of the game. Look at Barry Sanders for example

1991 dal W,38-6 | 12 69 1 | 5 30 0
1991 was L,10-41 | 11 44 0 | 4 15 0
1993 gnb L,24-28 | 27 169 0 | 2 0 0
1994 gnb L,12-16 | 13 -1 0 | 3 4 0
1995 phi L,37-58 | 10 40 0 | 2 19 0
1997 tam L,10-20 | 18 65 0 | 5 43 0

The way it is

GamerTag : GrubbyPaws (Halo 3, NCAA 09, Madden 09)
B-Dawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Apparently, Chargers could sign Thomas Jones to replace him. IMO Id select a back in the draft. And then after the draft pick up a back.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Don't want this guy in New England. What would we use him for, three yards a carry during the season and keeping the seats of our stationary bikes warm during the playoffs?
Old 02-23-2010, 11:21 AM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Don't want this guy in New England. What would we use him for, three yards a carry during the season and keeping the seats of our stationary bikes warm during the playoffs?
Yeah, I roll my eyes every time I hear some talking head mention how LT could fill a "Faulk-like role" in NE.

Um, why would we need someone else to fill the role NAMED for the guy we have on our roster?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:33 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This is out of whack. Where were the opportunities for Ladainian in the postseason? Say what you want about him but he was injured. 2004 and 2006 he had absolutely terrific games in the postseason, look them up, but the team lost, thanks Kaeding, so glad you're apparently a Charger for life.

2007, he had a busted knee. 'willingness to take himself out when hurt in big moments hurts him'.........okay. I mean if you are an injured RB, what are you supposed to do? It wasn't a boo boo, it was an MCL. In 2008 the same thing happened, a Colt turned his knee around. By this year he was done.

So those are the postseason games. He was injured by the time the team around him was set, his early career domination was on some pretty horrible teams.

You ask for more career defining games, but honestly the idea that anyone could question Ladainian's qualifications is a little ridiculous to me, and a clear example of taking recent history and using it to coat over his whole career.

He will always be the #1 back of this decade. #2 all time in rushing touchdowns, #1 in single season points and touchdowns all time, 100 catch season, fastest RB to reach ____ yards, year after year after year. He's busted so many clutch runs to seal games, even on crappy teams, that anyone who says he's not defined just hasn't been paying attention.

It's enough that he's done, and hasn't been all that effective in recent years, but now his achievements are being snubbed and that's wrong.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:16 PM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see LT and Brian Westbrook drawing a ton of attention from Seattle, and Detroit... Pete could go after a proven all-star runningback, like Tomlinson, and Detroit could use some versatility (Westbrook) to their backfield as well..
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
This is out of whack. Where were the opportunities for Ladainian in the postseason? Say what you want about him but he was injured. 2004 and 2006 he had absolutely terrific games in the postseason, look them up, but the team lost, thanks Kaeding, so glad you're apparently a Charger for life.

2007, he had a busted knee. 'willingness to take himself out when hurt in big moments hurts him'.........okay. I mean if you are an injured RB, what are you supposed to do? It wasn't a boo boo, it was an MCL. In 2008 the same thing happened, a Colt turned his knee around. By this year he was done.

So those are the postseason games. He was injured by the time the team around him was set, his early career domination was on some pretty horrible teams.

You ask for more career defining games, but honestly the idea that anyone could question Ladainian's qualifications is a little ridiculous to me, and a clear example of taking recent history and using it to coat over his whole career.

He will always be the #1 back of this decade. #2 all time in rushing touchdowns, #1 in single season points and touchdowns all time, 100 catch season, fastest RB to reach ____ yards, year after year after year. He's busted so many clutch runs to seal games, even on crappy teams, that anyone who says he's not defined just hasn't been paying attention.

It's enough that he's done, and hasn't been all that effective in recent years, but now his achievements are being snubbed and that's wrong.
You're right. He is the best back of the decade. I'm not questioning that at all.

But when you compare him to the all time greats, thats when unfortunately you have to critique the guy in unjust ways at times. Because it's hard for me to call him a top 5 back of all time with his current qualifications. I think his lack of success in the playoffs as a whole, regardless of the reasons, are valid to excuse him from the top 5 discussion.

Again, 1st ballot HOFer, incredible back, best of this decade. But when we talk about top 5 of all time, you have to bring more to the table than LDT did. Thats all I'm saying.

Its not a knock on LDT per say, there are a ton of incredible backs out there, which is why i can't put him in the top 5 of all time.

That's all I'm saying.

He has great #s for sure, but when we talk about top 5 guys, I just don't think he's 1 of those guys.

Top 10? Absolutely. Somewhere in that 6-10 range. Just not top 5.