Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 03-05-2010, 05:26 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atlanta. Shefter confirms a 6 year deal. Here's my thoughts from the Falcons thread.

On Dunta, I'm placing my faith with TD. We've supposedly been infatuated with him for a while, and TD even tried to swing a deal for him last year. He's a self admitted CB snob, and I don't think he's just going to hand out cash freely. I haven't seen this point brought up, but remember when we brought in a solid CB but nothing special by the name of Foxworth? And then he went on to do a very good job for us. I'm trusting TD feels like bringing Robinson back home and putting him in our scheme is going to pay huge dividends.

I do want to see how much money he got though, because I can't pretend like the guy has been a shut down corner.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunta Robinson should immediately aid out the pass rush in atlanta. Great sign.

Sig by: BK

02:40 *** Chucky quit #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> yay, hes gone
02:40 *** Chucky joined #nfldraftcountdown
02:40 <vidae> aww hes back
Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
we all hate you
Bosanac01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If hes the #1 CB there, ehhh.

Hopefully hes better than last year, though. He wasnt that good at all.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 06:19 PM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bosanac01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post

He is definitely going to be #1. He's a huge improvement over the CB already on the falcons roster.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-05-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosanac01 View Post
He is definitely going to be #1. He's a huge improvement over the CB already on the falcons roster.
Id imagine the falcons have CB's better bthan Jacques Reeves right? Because Dunta was outplayed by Reeves last year. Which annoyed the hell out of me, because i HATE Jacques Reeves

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post

It'd be really hard to judge him based on last year, he wasn't 100% recovered from his knee (takes 2 years to fully recover from an injury like that) not to mention he held out. He wanted to get 'paid' to stay in Houston.

I know Thomas Dimitroff made a name for himself scouting DBs like Asante Samuel, and there's no doubt that Robinson has a unique skill set. Even though he's 5'10" he packs a serious punch as a physical corner.

I think the guy knows what he's doing in Atlanta, so I'm sure he's not done building his team up down there. Their defense really turned it on towards the end of the year, putting Robinson out there could only help.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like the signing. I'm not crazy about Dunta Robinson, I think he is only above average as a CB, but he should do well in our scheme and he is certainly better than what we had. Only the injury ridden Titans' secondary was worse than ours last year. Our corners made Jake F'n Delhomme look like a great QB: 500 yards, 3 touchdowns, 1 interceptions and a passer rating in the 90s.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:46 PM    (permalink
jkpigskin
Pro Bowler

jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jkpigskin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i agree that he has been overhyped as a "shut down" corner. I think he is a very solid corner, just not that type you pay the bank for.
that said... i wish the ravens couldve gone after him

Go Ravens!
jkpigskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In TD we trust. The only reason I am backing this deal is because Tom Dmitroff has done it and I trust his decision making. Otherwise, apart from his early seasons, he has been an injury prone CB who on his return to a full 16 game season, was the most penalized CB in the league.

I hope a change in scenery and coaching can get him back to form. The fact that he provides an upgrade to our already abysmal CB group is a definite plus as well. I guess this rules Joe Haden and Kyle Wilson out of the picture? I don't think either will last til 20 anyway.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 12:53 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really am not that sold on Dunta Robinson, especially when you look at his metrics over the past couple years (he was what, the #88 CB in the league this year on PFF?) but I guess you gotta give it to the Falcons for attempting to fix their terrible pass defense. I can't say I'm sorry they didn't go for Leigh Bodden instead, otherwise New England would be in a lot of trouble.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:59 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope this keeps them from upgrading their CBs any more :)
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't really see how this helps the Falcons cover the Marques Colston's (and the rest of our WR corps) and the Steve Smith's of the division. I used to be a big fan of Robinson a few years back and was a fan of him. Now... eh. Not so much.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
Bosanac01
Team Leader
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyboy View Post
I don't really see how this helps the Falcons cover the Marques Colston's (and the rest of our WR corps) and the Steve Smith's of the division. I used to be a big fan of Robinson a few years back and was a fan of him. Now... eh. Not so much.
He can't cover any worse then Chris Houston and Brent Grimes did.

Quote:
we all hate you
Old 03-06-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

PFT says his contract is a 6 year deal for 57 million with 25.5 million guaranteed. Damn big bucks. Add that to the 10 mil he made just last year by being franchised. He better become a shut down corner or he'll be feeling pressure from the media and fans big time. Lets hope he doesn't turn into another Deangelo Hall.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mmm, it makes me all warm and fuzzy thinking about the deal we signed Jabari Greer too.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 11:29 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesus, Dunta go paid like a ************. TD better be right with this one.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:04 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This still makes Nate Clements the highest paid at 8 years 80 million and 22 in guaranteed.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:24 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
This still makes Nate Clements the highest paid at 8 years 80 million and 22 in guaranteed.
Clements' deal is only supposed to be 6/60 i believe.
Old 03-06-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is so ******* ridiculous. There is no way you can justify that kind of money to a player of Robinson's caliber. He better become a top ten corner... and quick.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 06:17 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Jesus, Dunta go paid like a ************. TD better be right with this one.
Wow yeah. He better be the solution to our CB problems the way he is getting paid. Jeez more than 9 million a year after being the most penalized CB in the league? ****. At least every CB that TD has brought in outside of the draft has been good with the Falcons. Foxworth had a good season with the Falcons before getting owned in Baltimore and Brian Williams proved to be a good veteran addition before he went out for the season.

At least any addition to the Falcons CBs is an upgrade. Maybe Chris Owens or Brent Grimes steps up this upcoming season to give the Falcons an average secondary. One can only hope.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Wow yeah. He better be the solution to our CB problems the way he is getting paid. Jeez more than 9 million a year after being the most penalized CB in the league? ****. At least every CB that TD has brought in outside of the draft has been good with the Falcons. Foxworth had a good season with the Falcons before getting owned in Baltimore and Brian Williams proved to be a good veteran addition before he went out for the season.

At least any addition to the Falcons CBs is an upgrade. Maybe Chris Owens or Brent Grimes steps up this upcoming season to give the Falcons an average secondary. One can only hope.

No one has ever doubted the fact that Dunta is physical and will tackle, and we all know how we like that in our CBs. I'm just guessing TD thinks he's walking into an ideal scheme now. Because I can't think of much other reason to pay him this heavily.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dunta was going to get this money no matter who he signed with, I don't know why people even get surprised anymore. If you wanted him you had to pay this price, and if CB was your biggest need it eliminates a draft day need. If you wanted to pay him a few million less per year I guarantee he'd be playing for somebody else.

He makes ATL better, and of course he's getting paid more then his talents say he should be, but find me one Free Agent in the last 3 years that signed on the first day you could say that wasn't true about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 04:49 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Dunta was going to get this money no matter who he signed with, I don't know why people even get surprised anymore. If you wanted him you had to pay this price, and if CB was your biggest need it eliminates a draft day need. If you wanted to pay him a few million less per year I guarantee he'd be playing for somebody else.

He makes ATL better, and of course he's getting paid more then his talents say he should be, but find me one Free Agent in the last 3 years that signed on the first day you could say that wasn't true about.
QFMFT

Seriously, people, have you seen the Falcons' secondary recently? I don't care at all that they overpaid, its not my money.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:05 AM    (permalink
D-Rod
Veteran

D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.D-Rod is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
QFMFT

Seriously, people, have you seen the Falcons' secondary recently? I don't care at all that they overpaid, its not my money.
Indeed. It's an uncapped year, and Blank's cheques are exactly that.

I think Robinson has the perfect skill set for Atlanta's scheme, and last season is a clear outlier. As some people have observed, coming off a major knee tearup is not easy for a corner. Also, being unhappy with your contract situation can often affect play on the field. Further, outside of Super Mario, the Texans' pass rush stank last year, if I understand correctly?

In any case, the Falcons are better today than they were two days ago, so I'm happy.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:16 AM    (permalink
the_dark_knight
Veteran

the_dark_knight hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We all remember that movie Blank Check. Well Robinson just got his Blank Check. hahaha, sorry I know it was lame, but it was running through my head and I wanted it out of there!

Now if he'll just go put slides off a mansion or something and keep his nose clean he'll help Atlanta out.
the_dark_knight is offline   Reply With Quote