Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Detroit Lions Team Forum

Detroit Lions Team Forum Discuss the Lions

Old 02-28-2010, 04:19 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Lions to trade for Cromartie?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=090...s&confirm=true

Discuss!

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
don't tell anyone, but Charlie Casserly is a dope fiend
Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just read an article about this on pft. What do we give up? Kevin Smith? Avril? 3rd rounder? I dunno about this move...

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Addict is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I can't imagine the Lions would give up anything like that for him. K. Smith maybe, possibly a fourth round pick?

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-28-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i would imagine it would have to be morris since he isn't injured right now. i know smith opted not to have shoulder surgery, so maybe they feel alright about his knee and feel we can pick up a quality free agent plus definitely go with a rb in 2nd round. atleast i'm hoping that's the case. please say we aren't trading any picks.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
scpanther22
Rookie

scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.scpanther22 could make a wolverine purr.

I think it would just be a pick
scpanther22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:14 PM    (permalink
BRAVEHEART
Pro Bowler

BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BRAVEHEART is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, he's had his issues, but he's still 3X better than any CB on our team. Even when he plays like *****, his ***** is still better than our *****.

Get Him.
Old 02-28-2010, 05:16 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

this is where we learn that we just traded our 3rd rounder and that okung will be our 1st pick. followed up by promoting ernie sims to lifetime captain and that we're drafting tim tebow in the 2nd.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowler View Post
this is where we learn that we just traded our 3rd rounder and that okung will be our 1st pick. followed up by promoting ernie sims to lifetime captain and that we're drafting tim tebow in the 2nd.
I think you would be the first person I'd kill if that happened.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

lol well drafting tebow would solve many different needs. he can be a linebacker, tailback, fullback, wide receiver, safety, backup quarterback, reverend, etc. and yeah i'd probably be done with lions football.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Say we trade Kevin Smith, where does that leave us at the RB position? Maurice Morris and Aaron Brown? I wasn't counting on Kevin Smith next year anyways, but that'd be ugly.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

i'd have to get a new lions jersey if we trade smith. however it does make sense to move the injured guy since we can't play with an injured running back. even though i do appreciate everything he's done, cromartie is an athletic ballhawk. i don't care if he gives up a few touchdowns, they were probably going to score anyway. at least we know he'll snag a few interceptions for us like a bigger dre bly.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 05:51 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

From a talent perspective I would be PO'd in San Diego if my team dumped LT & Sproles then turn around & trades Cromartie (arguably there #1 CB) for an injured & average RB in Kevin Smith. Think about that for a minute, ridiculously lopsided ...
Old 02-28-2010, 06:01 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

cro fell out of favor over there. something about not being physical enough, shying away from contact, and free styling i think. but all i can remember is him picking off that pass from manning in front of reggie wayne.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 06:38 PM    (permalink
SINCE1978
Veteran

SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SINCE1978 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The MLive article, not this one from the NFL, mentioned a compensation of a Lions 5th round pick since San Diego might cut him outright ... just looking to get something for him. Wow, if that is even close to true.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

thank god, we actually have 2 of those anyway.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 06:59 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SINCE1978 View Post
From a talent perspective I would be PO'd in San Diego if my team dumped LT & Sproles then turn around & trades Cromartie (arguably there #1 CB) for an injured & average RB in Kevin Smith. Think about that for a minute, ridiculously lopsided ...
This. I wouldn't say they are rebuilding because they still have the important part of there offense with Rivers Jackson Gates..etc BUT they dump a first round draft pick in cro who is inconsistent and isn't physical enough for Kevin Smith who lives on the IR. Didn't think they would dump Sproles after LT got dumped but I guess they want a whole new backfield.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:01 PM    (permalink
Addict
All-NFLDC

Quote:
no baby would be left alive in a 30 mile radius of my house if that transpired.

Sig by Fenikz

I remember NFLDC
Old 02-28-2010, 07:54 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addict View Post
no baby would be left alive in a 30 mile radius of my house if that transpired.
with the 34th selection the lions select...Rob Gronkowski.

Mayhew, "hey, he was BPA."

Prowler's Newb Guide
Old 02-28-2010, 09:46 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
lol well drafting tebow would solve many different needs. he can be a linebacker, tailback, fullback, wide receiver, safety, backup quarterback, reverend, etc. and yeah i'd probably be done with lions football.
Don't forget that he would also protect us from Chuck Norris!
Old 02-28-2010, 09:49 PM    (permalink
woodnick
Veteran

woodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairwoodnick is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
The MLive article, not this one from the NFL, mentioned a compensation of a Lions 5th round pick since San Diego might cut him outright ... just looking to get something for him. Wow, if that is even close to true.
I would definately trade a 5th for Cro, maybe both of them, but unfortunately if it was MLive that said it there is a chance that they are wrong.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:57 PM    (permalink
noondog
Veteran

noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.noondog is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would either be a 4th or 5th. No significant roster players. Solid pick-up if it happened, but no one will lose any sleep if it didn't.

Crazyass sig by BoneKrusher
noondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
detroit4life
Pro Bowler

detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.detroit4life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i like it and really hope it happens. Instant starter, sure his run defense leaves a lot to be desired but he can definitely cover. With chicago going much more pass heavy now and green bay as well a cb with his abilities will help. Hopefully cuningham and schwartz can get him to be more physical but he has shown what he's capable of doing in the past so why not give him a shot
Old 03-01-2010, 08:26 AM    (permalink
DoWnThEfiElD
Pro Bowler

DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoWnThEfiElD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For a 5th rounder I would do it, but if he is upset in San Deigo, what is he going to be in Detroit?
Old 03-01-2010, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cro fo Sho.

He can cover. We still need to get a pass rush for him but he can cover and has ball skillzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Can't tackle but beggars cant' be choosers. 5th round pick, hell yes.

Funny San Diego still has Jammer and Cason. Damn them hoarding corner backs.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

suh without playing 2 gaps, and purely blitzing would definitely help him. same with mccoy. we're slowly solving the defensive puzzle.

Prowler's Newb Guide