Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 02-28-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd offer a fourth for Cromartie. Come on Colbert, get AJ Smith on the line!
Old 02-28-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Kramer
Veteran

Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Kramer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh I didnít know that so I may be wrong. I also donít understand why they would trade their starting CB within the division.
Kramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:38 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

heck, if im arizona im on the line to trade my 5th rounder and unite probably
top 5 in the physically gifted department corners in the league who are cousins.

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:45 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post

ROFL.....That's funny right there
Old 02-28-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
yeah 3 in one game vs Peyton Manning including

One of the most jaw-dropping INT's I've ever seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryno626 View Post
seemed like his success was based upon the pass rush the chargers used to have. all of a sudden merriman comes off roids and messes his knee up and adios pass rush
I agree. I think he can be a playmaker again if he's got a good pass-rush in front of him - although that can be said for any CB.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:52 PM    (permalink
StickSkills
Veteran

StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.StickSkills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Get the Vikings front 7 in front of him and he's golden.
StickSkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-NFLDC

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
"I think they're going to make moves this year, especially for guys that are going to be expecting big contracts and things like that coming up," Cromartie said. "If that's what they want to do, especially with the trade rumors that I'm hearing, that's part of the business, that's how it goes. If I'm there next year, I'm going to play to the best of my ability. If I'm not, I got to play somewhere else and help that organization out the best way I can."
at least he's handling it with class

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StickSkills View Post
Get the Vikings front 7 in front of him and he's golden.
No he'd still be pretty awful because he's an awful player. WHY DO PEOPLE NOT GET THIS?

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:18 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
No he'd still be pretty awful because he's an awful player. WHY DO PEOPLE NOT GET THIS?
He's more betterer at cornerback than Jeff Backus is at Left Tackle.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great move if Detroit can do this, their CB situation is terrible, so if they could land Suh and Cromartie along with Delmas that alone would be a pretty big increase in talent compared to just a few years ago.

I'm completely aware that Cromartie sucks and is overrated but for a 5th rounder I firmly believe that it's well worth the risk for any team to see if you can get something out of him. Now a 3rd I can see that as just over paying, but a 5th? Well worth it.

It doesn't always work out that way but we have seen quite a few times where a guy gets a change of scenery or scheme and ends up playing alot better then the last stop. If they can keep Kevin Smith and do it for just a 5th I applaud Detroit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If all it cost is a 5th rounder, that isn't a bad deal at all for the Lions.

And Hines, man Ziggy last year now potentially Spoon this year? I like the Steelers thinking.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd be very happy with Spoon as our pick. Ziggy started to come on last season and I expect big things from him.
Old 03-01-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much is he scheduled to make this year because that could be a big reason for the trade along decreased production and falling out of favor with the organization? It could also be why he is only worth a fifth.
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:04 AM    (permalink
Phillysteeler
Rookie

Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Phillysteeler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much is he scheduled to make this year because that could be a big reason for the trade along with decreased production and falling out of favor with the organization? It could also be why he is only worth a fifth rounder.
Phillysteeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:23 AM    (permalink
StorminNorman
Rookie

StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.StorminNorman is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeTeel View Post
I'm not a fan of either team, but I seem to recall the season that Bodden didn't fit in well with the Lions after being so good with the Browns was because of the scheme. Bodden needs a zone type scheme, whereas the Lions played a man scheme (I think, I really don't know). Now, in the Lions scheme, Cromarties physical gifts will really shine and he can just stick with his man and be the ball hawk that he is. I think this benefits Cromartie and the Lions the most. Again, I have no idea what i'm talking about in regards to the Lions or Chargers systems so if a fan of either team could shed some light on this I would appreciate it.
Bodden was actually a man scheme corner who was stuck in Detroit's old Tampa 2 zone. Bodden was the odd man out.

He was released and Schwartz came in. He and Cunningham run more press and man coverage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD View Post
He's more betterer at cornerback than Jeff Backus is at Left Tackle.
Not true. Backus was great this year.
StorminNorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Many Charger players would be really pissed off at him for not even trying to tackle. Keeping him could demoralize the team, to the point where the team can't play at a high enough level to contend.

It sends a terrible message to the team, that tackling isn't important, that being a team player isn't important, that sacrificing for each other doens't matter.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 12:34 AM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some how we will end up with a 3rd round pick from them, dont question it!

bantx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Citing a league source, Lions beat writer Tom Kowalski reports that a trade sending Antonio Cromartie to Detroit is now "highly unlikely."
It appears Detroit balked when San Diego asked for Maurice Morris. The Lions have reportedly "opted to move in a different direction." Though Morris is a replacement-level back, he is versed in OC Scott Linehan's scheme and showed the ability to perform at a high level in spot duty with 126 yards and a touchdown on 17 carries against the Cardinals in Week 15 last year. Morris would also be the Lions' every-down back if the season started today. Mar. 1 - 8:02 pm et
Source: MLive.com

Well if Detroit didn't want to give up Maurice Morris that say alot about Cro at this point. It's probably still a good chance he gets cut honestly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If the Lions draft Best/Dwyer/Mathews in round 2, I can see the deal going down. I'd still give up a 4th for Cromartie if I were the Steelers hoping it will just be a change of scenery that makes him play better.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bantx is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4956942

another rumor, choice for cromartie.

I'd like this a lot, Choice a guy who wants more playing time and is a leader in the locker room. Make this happen AJ!

Old 03-02-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the chargers would have to add some.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:32 PM    (permalink
bantx
I have a Custom Title
All-NFLDC

Choice is a 3rd string back, I think straight up is a fair trade.

Old 03-02-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Choice would start on any other team that doesn't have two backs in front of him. I think Barber is the RB Dallas needs to trade.
Old 03-02-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know your career is in the garbage when the freaking Lions are balking at giving up a 30 year old backup RB for you.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
You know your career is in the garbage when the freaking Lions are balking at giving up a 30 year old backup RB for you.
If we traded Morris we would have Kevin Smith coming off an ACL and bum shoulder, Dede Dorsey, and Aaron Brown at RB. I can see why Mayhew doesn't want to trade him.