Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-03-2012, 11:39 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://mlb.mlb.com/video/play.jsp?co...099982913-1028
Old 07-04-2012, 12:49 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's funny a good amount of people said Bauer would struggle when he got the call up.

Also, booooom roasted:

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:10 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's weird, his stuff is obviously amazing but he just has these innings where he can't find the strike zone or throws it right down the middle

1st inning for example was 13 pitches, 9 strikes, 3 Ks
http://www.brooksbaseball.net/pfxVB/...lb_arimlb_1%2F

Last edited by fenikz : 07-04-2012 at 01:13 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 08:46 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

CBS report claims that the Pirates have talked to Philly about Victorino, Brown, and Hamels.

How I'd love to land Hamels. I really don't think he'll cost that much unless some team is willing to overpay for the chance of resigning him.

The last two years have been the first time I remember the trade deadline being fun for the Pirates. Hope they go in harder than last year.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:10 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather have Brown of the three to be honest.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:30 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know whats awesome? The fact that baseball starts in 30 minutes.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
You know whats awesome? The fact that baseball starts in 30 minutes.
What are you hearing regarding Jed? I read on Houston SB board that Astros and Pirates were going to do a swap for him. Is there any truth to that?
Old 07-04-2012, 09:43 AM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No idea, mlbtr is as extensive as I get when it comes to looking at that kind of stuff.

Video Games - Anime - Comics - Cosplay - etc

A site dedicated to giving support and exposure to female
geeks and gamers, while also providing a community for
people of all genders to hang out and discuss their
favorite nerd past-times without needing to worry about or
deal with the prejudice and mistreatment that's so common online.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:47 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
I'd rather have Brown of the three to be honest.
I'm not sold on Brown ever being a major league player. He hasnt done much with plenty of opportunity. But he probably wouldn't cost much of anything so he could be had fairly easily.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
What are you hearing regarding Jed? I read on Houston SB board that Astros and Pirates were going to do a swap for him. Is there any truth to that?
Mlbtr cites Rosenthal called Jed essentially unavailable.

Old 07-04-2012, 09:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I'm not sold on Brown ever being a major league player. He hasnt done much with plenty of opportunity. But he probably wouldn't cost much of anything so he could be had fairly easily.
He's only got 246 career ABs and you know Manuel doesn't play young kids unless he has to. He's only 24 and has a boatload of potential. He has work to do, but I'm willing to give him that chance. Could be a colossal bust or be a steal. Either wouldn't surprise me.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:57 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
CBS report claims that the Pirates have talked to Philly about Victorino, Brown, and Hamels.

How I'd love to land Hamels. I really don't think he'll cost that much unless some team is willing to overpay for the chance of resigning him.

The last two years have been the first time I remember the trade deadline being fun for the Pirates. Hope they go in harder than last year.
Supposedly they are interested in Vernon Wells as well. Unfortunately the dodgers have been mentioned in talks with him as well. Most teams want the Angels to eat most of his contract though, so I guess it wouldnt be horrible depending on the circumstances.

Dodgers have also been linked to about every pitcher on the market. Hamels, Greinke, Dempster. I would love to make a run at Greink but I dont think we have the type of pitching prospects to get him, most of our studs are in AA or lower. Hamels would be the same situation, and hes the type of player we could very well sign in FA with his Southern California roots so why give up a ton of prospects?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:01 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

If the Pirates trade for Vernon Wells, I'll kick a baby square in the face. That would be horrible. He sucks now and makes too much damn money. Maybe the NL will get him to play better, but still.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:18 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If the Pirates trade for Vernon Wells, I'll kick a baby square in the face. That would be horrible. He sucks now and makes too much damn money. Maybe the NL will get him to play better, but still.
Oh I fee the exact same way, but with the way the Dodgers offense has been hitting I dont think I could be surprised one bit at anyone they try to land.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 10:58 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sweet baby jesus I'd love for the Halos to get rid of Wells. Angels will have to pay probably 90% of that craptastic contract but hey, I'm not the one paying him. From my end, as long as he isn't on the team, it's like he doesn't exist and the nightmare is over

It has been so damn great to watch this team with Trumbo and Trout in the OF doing their thing and Wells nowhere to be found. I hope he's moved, as I fear that whenever he returns, he'll play at least 3 times a week and take AB's away from Torii Hunter, Peter Bourjos and Kendrys Morales.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:22 AM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Fielder got to select the team last year and put in Weeks over Upton

just boycott the damn game already
Exactly. That's why they shouldn't have players picking who goes because they just pick guys in their posse. It's ********.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:58 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, this team captain thing is stupid. Just let the fans vote

I mean, if it wasn't for Pujols, Trumbo wouldn't even be in it. Cano actually called Pujols to do it. He's already done it a few times ffs and wasn't even an all-star this year
Old 07-04-2012, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cano picked a good team. Next year the Mets host the All Star Game and I don't need to see Wright, Davis, or Duda participate in the HR Derby. I want the guys who can crush the ball and Butler or whomever else from the Royals doesn't belong.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:06 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who the **** wants to watch Billy Butler in the home run derby anyway? Is this argument still happening? Last year it made sense because Upton would have been fun to watch but Butler has been a 20 HR guy his entire career.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 01:28 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

#KeepHamels

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:00 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

#KeepHamelsInPA

Old 07-04-2012, 02:07 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In other news the Twins have won 5 in a row and 6 out of 7. That's pretty dope. Only 8 games out, gotta love playing in a **** division.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:35 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Icon

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
In other news the Twins have won 5 in a row and 6 out of 7. That's pretty dope. Only 8 games out, gotta love playing in a **** division.
Too bad tonight they face Verlander and therefore the streak will all in likely end unless the Tiger offense sucks it up.
Old 07-04-2012, 02:41 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's only got 246 career ABs and you know Manuel doesn't play young kids unless he has to. He's only 24 and has a boatload of potential. He has work to do, but I'm willing to give him that chance. Could be a colossal bust or be a steal. Either wouldn't surprise me.
I wouldn't want him, he looks completely lost in the OF, has picked up some injuries as of late and is still changing his swing to get the loop out of it.

I used to be high on Brown, but I'm rather bullish on him now. The tools are still there but it just seems he's regressed heavily once he came up to the show. Sort of reminds me of how the Phils handled Gavin Floyd.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote