Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-04-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pedro Alvarez is turning into a nice professional hitter now. I like it. Hitting to all fields. Driving the ball the other way. Putting where the pitch is thrown instead of trying to pull everything.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's also hitting against a team that would struggle in Low A ball.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Philliez01 View Post
I wouldn't want him, he looks completely lost in the OF, has picked up some injuries as of late and is still changing his swing to get the loop out of it.

I used to be high on Brown, but I'm rather bullish on him now. The tools are still there but it just seems he's regressed heavily once he came up to the show. Sort of reminds me of how the Phils handled Gavin Floyd.
Yeah I've seen those gripes about him. I'd still give him a chance, though. I know Neal loves getting those top prospects and plugging them in. I don't see Vic, Brown, nor Hamels in a Pirate uniform, though.
Old 07-04-2012, 03:28 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Yeah the Astros are very bad. But do not discredit the work and progression he has made. Last year's Pedro doesn't drive the ball up the middle like that. He would have grounded out or struck out.
Old 07-04-2012, 04:11 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
9th in the NL in runs isn't Padres territory here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:17 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Astros traded Carlos Lee to the Marlins for 3B Matt Dominguez and LHP Rob Rasmussen per Buster Olney.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:19 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh ffs can they get Ervin Santana out of the rotation already. Goddamn I can't stand looking at that douche bag and his horrendous chinstrap beard. So glad he's gone after this season. Dude is such a headcase
Old 07-04-2012, 04:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yay Carlos Lee?

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:34 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

El Caballo is fun to watch. Not sure he makes you much better, but hes awesome nonetheless.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:51 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Pedro Alvarez is turning into a nice professional hitter now. I like it. Hitting to all fields. Driving the ball the other way. Putting where the pitch is thrown instead of trying to pull everything.
Quote:
I know you're just a bitter Houston fan, but that's just absurd.

Pedro Alvarez may finally be putting it together after an absolutely horrendous start to his major league career. He actually put up a wOBA of .383 in the month of June which translates to a 143 wRC+. This is after putting up a wRC+ that was worse than Ales Rios last year. Alex Rios.

Total on the season, Alvarez is finally an above average hitter according to wRC+, barely. He is sitting at 109 on the year now.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't want him, he looks completely lost in the OF, has picked up some injuries as of late and is still changing his swing to get the loop out of it.

I used to be high on Brown, but I'm rather bullish on him now. The tools are still there but it just seems he's regressed heavily once he came up to the show. Sort of reminds me of how the Phils handled Gavin Floyd.
Did you mean bearish?
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:09 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Did you mean bearish?
Bullish-eager to sell him as opposed to keeping him in Philly.

Give JKPIGSKIN credit for this masterpiece
Philliez01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh, I thought you were talking about what you thought of his stock as a player.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:17 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Philliez01 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Oh, I thought you were talking about what you thought of his stock as a player.
Actually I completely did, but somehow found a loophole to save face.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:19 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

I'm gonna let it slide lol. I just wanted to use the JLP facepalm.

And oh yeah, baseball stuff. Brandon Moss keeps hitting homers.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Have the Phillies successfully developed a prospect since Cole Hamels?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2012, 05:37 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cliff Lee got his first win today.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:39 PM    (permalink
Philliez01
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Have the Phillies successfully developed a prospect since Cole Hamels?
No but that's not a huge shock. The system was awful when Cole came up as the top guys at the time were Carlos Carrasco, Lou Marson, Jason Donald & Adrien Cardenas.

The Phillies way of drafting is also one of those high-risk, high-rewards that have seen them draft guys like Anthony Hewitt or other "toolsy" guys that high nor have they been big spenders overseas (Carlos Tocci has a lot of potential though).

Then you add in the fact that since 2008 the Phillies have traded:

Travis d'Arnaud, Jon Singleton, Jarred Cosart, Kyle Drabek, Anthony Gose, Domingo Santana, Adrien Cardenas, Josh Outman, Marson, Carrasco, Jason Knapp & Donald.

Old 07-04-2012, 05:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
No but that's not a huge shock. The system was awful when Cole came up as the top guys at the time were Carlos Carrasco, Lou Marson, Jason Donald & Adrien Cardenas.

The Phillies way of drafting is also one of those high-risk, high-rewards that have seen them draft guys like Anthony Hewitt or other "toolsy" guys that high nor have they been big spenders overseas (Carlos Tocci has a lot of potential though).

Then you add in the fact that since 2008 the Phillies have traded:

Travis d'Arnaud, Jon Singleton, Jarred Cosart, Kyle Drabek, Anthony Gose, Domingo Santana, Adrien Cardenas, Josh Outman, Marson, Carrasco, Jason Knapp & Donald.
So what you're saying is.......the Phils are just like the Tigers?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2012, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Oh yeah, here ya go Alex...

http://lockerz.com/s/220531159

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holliday RBI double in the first. He needs to be an all-star.
Old 07-04-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Oh yeah, here ya go Alex...

http://lockerz.com/s/220531159
goddamn I ******* hate Drew Stubbs.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Drew Stubbs Effect:

1. Take a highly skilled defensive college OF with pop in his bat and crazy speed for his size.
2. Draft him in the top of the first round.
3. Rush him a bit through the system.
4. Plug him into CF in the pros.
5. Ignore his horrendous eye for the ball.
6. Bench him just enough to keep him off pace for the K record.
7. Bat him lead off or 2nd. No where else.
8. Bat players at lead off who have no right to be there (see Zack Cozart)
9. Repeat steps 5-8 until your MVP (one of the best hitters in baseball) 1B is tied with Adam ******* LaRoche in RBI.

Stubbs has the worst eye at the plate I have ever seen. And I have watched Adam Dunn and Wily Mo Pena ON THE SAME TEAM. The ****** cant even bunt. With his speed he could easily get on at least once a game or so that way. And with his power, you couldn't play him shallow. But he just cant see the baseball.

I had hopes he would turn the corner for years. But I am done with him now. He has a nice swing and everything. He just cant see the ball.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack

Last edited by Bengals78 : 07-04-2012 at 07:45 PM. Reason: Forgot steps. Duh.
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Why did you list Adam Dunn for worst eye? He strikes out a lot sure, but he's also incredibly patient.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-04-2012, 08:00 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reminds me of Colby Rasmus when he was in St. Louis. A change of scenery could do him some good. Just be glad you don't have Stubb's dad getting on Message Boards and talking to the media on how he wants his son out of Cincinatti and blaming everything on the organization.