Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-02-2010, 05:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Carp has struggled this season and is still 4-0 with a 2.84 ERA and could easily be 5-0 if the bullpen didn't screw things up in Arizona.

Big series coming up with the Phillies. Cant wait to see "Hi-Me" vs that offense.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:41 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Red Sox fans.. would you guys be open to a Wilson Ramos for Daniel Bard+ mid level prospect swap?
Old 05-02-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why exactly mention Ellsbury with the rest?
You're right, he's in a tier of his own, far above the rest of those guys.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Red Sox fans.. would you guys be open to a Wilson Ramos for Daniel Bard+ mid level prospect swap?
Tough question to really answer. I hate watching Varitek and Martinez behind the plate because teams give everyone the green light to run against them and Ramos has a good history of throwing out base stealers. However, I don't think Varitek and Martinez's inability to throw out base runners is the sole reason teams run wild on the Red Sox. The Red Sox team philosophy of focusing on hitters and not paying the proper amount of attention to baserunners / having pitchers who are slow to home plate will still make steals a problem regardless of who is behind the plate.

The thought of trading Bard for catching help probably makes a lot of sense, but I can't help but feel if you take Bard out of the pen the pen becomes weaker so in essence you'd address one weakness by creating another.

In a honest moment, I have a gut feeling that with the Yankees and Rays in the division that this season's best realistic result is 3rd place w/ a winning record and contending for the wild card. So I would almost prefer for the Red Sox to look to stand pat this season, ride out the struggles, and look to get back to WS contending status heading into the 2011 season when there has been a proper amount of time to see what the team has in their own system and what needs to be augmented.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:11 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Why exactly mention Ellsbury with the rest?
I assume he'll be under contract then and he's part of their core. Why shouldn't I? Is there a sabr stat that makes it wrong to mention him with the others that I'm missing?

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Wally03
Rookie

Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Wally03 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
I assume he'll be under contract then and he's part of their core. Why shouldn't I? Is there a sabr stat that makes it wrong to mention him with the others that I'm missing?
My guess is Brodeur will point out a middling OBP coupled with terrible defensive metrics in CF which are both valid criticisms of Ellsbury. Regardless, I would agree that he will still be a part of the team at that point.
Wally03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, huge trade proposed to me in fantasy.

I would give Andre Ethier and Dan Haren for Chase Utley and Justin Duscherer.

Thoughts? My current 2B is Kendrick.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:23 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post

Duke just got hurt, hip injury. Could be serious although I haven't heard how long he'll be out yet.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob S View Post

I wouldn't do it off the top of my head.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
Rob S
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Location: I'm a simple man. I like pretty, dark haired women and breakfast food
Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rob S is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I wouldn't do it off the top of my head.
My reaction also, Chase is so damn tempting tho.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would think you'd be the one throwing in another mid level prospect, not the Sox.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not very good...

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 07:23 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I would think you'd be the one throwing in another mid level prospect, not the Sox.
Relievers = not that important

Catchers = very important

Great catcher prospects that can play great defense that would be going to a team that needs defense from said position = even more important
Old 05-02-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A part of me died today as Cutch got hurt.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:29 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Relievers = not that important

Catchers = very important

Great catcher prospects that can play great defense that would be going to a team that needs defense from said position = even more important
Well Bard isn't your typical reliever. He was quite the prosepct himself and would be the closer on your team as well as quite a few others.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Wright will surpass his HR total from last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:25 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With all due respect, Moyer can go **** himself. Retire already. You're too old for this ****. There's a total 6 mph between his fastball and change up. It's basically batting practice.

Old 05-02-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
With all due respect, Moyer can go **** himself. Retire already. You're too old for this ****. There's a total 6 mph between his fastball and change up. It's basically batting practice.
I can't stand Maine throwing 89/90 so I would absolutely be pissed if I had a pitcher throw as soft as him.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
I can't stand Maine throwing 89/90 so I would absolutely be pissed if I had a pitcher throw as soft as him.
76/82. I hold my breath every pitch.

What's going on with Santana?

Old 05-02-2010, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Livan is having a good year so far and his fastball is like 79 MPH.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

His one problem has always been solo HR's. CBP plus your lineup doesn't help that very much. Hopefully we keep pouring it on Moyer though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 05-02-2010, 08:47 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
His one problem has always been solo HR's. CBP plus your lineup doesn't help that very much. Hopefully we keep pouring it on Moyer though.
The warm weather makes it that much easier to carry the ball out as well.

I miss Jimmy Rollins...

Old 05-02-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Johan's not as good as he used to be. Shhh, keep it quite, other Mets fans think me saying that is sacrilege.
Old 05-02-2010, 09:05 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Johan's not as good as he used to be. Shhh, keep it quite, other Mets fans think me saying that is sacrilege.
No, I agree. But that was still a good trade.

BTW, neither one of those HRs that he given up were bad pitches. High Fastball and changeup away. And I'm not sure either would be HRs in Citi.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2010, 09:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
No, I agree. But that was still a good trade.

BTW, neither one of those HRs that he given up were bad pitches. High Fastball and changeup away. And I'm not sure either would be HRs in Citi.
Polanco hits high fastballs rather well and it was a questionable pitch on 0-2.