Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like Ryan Dempster to the Braves for Randall Delgado. I'm not sure if that's all the Cubs are getting, but that's the name being thrown around.
Old 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I'd like to point out that if Bonds, Piazza, and Clemens don't make the hall of fame next year, it should just be torn down and removed from existence.
I thought it was already torn down when Rose didn't make it.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IT's being confirmed that it's Dempster for Delgado

that's a great return for the Cubs. To get a prospect of that caliber for a 35 year old SP who is a FA after the season is nothing short of amazing
Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I thought it was already torn down when Rose didn't make it.
There's a HUGE difference between betting on baseball, which is easily the worst thing you can do when it relates to the sport, and what Bonds/Clemens did. Plus, Bonds and Clemens were much better players than Rose was.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

that's a great return for the Cubs. To get a prospect of that caliber for a 35 year old SP who is a FA after the season is nothing short of amazing
Yea it is, especially considering that the Braves can't get any compensation pick for Dempster.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There's a HUGE difference between betting on baseball, which is easily the worst thing you can do when it relates to the sport, and what Bonds/Clemens did. Plus, Bonds and Clemens were much better players than Rose was.
Irrelevant as to whether Bonds was better than Rose as a baseball player. I tend to think he wasn't.

As for betting vs steroids you could argue that Rose might have actually put up better numbers had he not bet on games when you consider he might have backed off in some of those games he gambled on.

Big picture i'm not advocating for Rose to be in, just saying if he isnt the others shouldn't be either.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:01 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I really don't see a huge difference between steroid use and betting on the game. Both undermine the general competitiveness and fairness of the sport.

I wouldn't let any of them in, and I honestly don't understand why anyone cares considering what massive assholes all three of them seem to be.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Huh?? Piazza is one of the furthest things from an asshole.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:03 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Huh?? Piazza is one of the furthest things from an asshole.
I think the 3 were Bonds, Rose and Clemens.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the 3 were Bonds, Rose and Clemens.
Ahh right on then BF!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Yea it is, especially considering that the Braves can't get any compensation pick for Dempster.
I think Dempster re-ups there, but still a great deal for the Cubs.

There are now rumors of Zach Lee going to the Cubs for Matt Garza. That'd be a nice coup as well.
Old 07-23-2012, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Irrelevant as to whether Bonds was better than Rose as a baseball player. I tend to think he wasn't.

As for betting vs steroids you could argue that Rose might have actually put up better numbers had he not bet on games when you consider he might have backed off in some of those games he gambled on.

Big picture i'm not advocating for Rose to be in, just saying if he isnt the others shouldn't be either.
He didn't bet until he was a coach.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
I really don't see a huge difference between steroid use and betting on the game. Both undermine the general competitiveness and fairness of the sport.

I wouldn't let any of them in, and I honestly don't understand why anyone cares considering what massive assholes all three of them seem to be.
Oh shut up, there is no actual evidence that directly links enhanced performance with the use of steroids. It's just hearsay and could easily be a placebo effect. Plus, Bonds is one of the greatest players of all time, and being one of the biggest assholes of all time didn't stop the HOF from electing Ty Cobb as a HOF.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-23-2012, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This dude sucked:

Major League records:
Most career hits 4,256
Most career outs 10,328
Most career games played 3,562
Most career at bats 14,053
Most career singles 3,215
Most career runs by a switch hitter 2,165
Most career doubles by a switch hitter 746
Most career walks by a switch hitter 1,566
Most career total bases by a switch hitter 5,752
Most seasons of 200 or more hits 10 (shared)
Most consecutive seasons of 100 or more hits 23
Most consecutive seasons with 600 or more at bats 13 (19681980)
Most seasons with 600 at bats 17
Most seasons with 150 or more games played 17
Most seasons with 100 or more games played 23
Record for playing in the most winning games 1,972
Only player in major league history to play more than 500 games at five different positions 1B (939), LF (671), 3B (634), 2B (628), RF (595)
National League records:
Most years played 24
Most consecutive years played 24
Most career runs 2,165
Most career doubles 746
Most career games with 5 or more hits 10
Modern (post-1900) NL record for longest consecutive game hitting streak NL 44
Modern record for most consecutive hitting streaks of 20 or more games 7

And I have met Pete more than a few times. He is a genuinely nice guy. Especially because we are both from the same side of Cincinnati, my original home runs on the street adjacent to his. My sister was in Las Vegas on vacation and Pete was there signing autographs and he saw the Reds hat her friend had on, yelled at them to come over (into an area you were supposed to pay money for) and asked them all about where in Cincinnati the were from, talked about what he misses most when he is out of town etc.

And as for the actual reports on Rose's gambling, they never found evidence that showed without a doubt he gambled on baseball, specifically against the Reds. It wasnt until 2004(I think) he admitted to gambling at all on baseball. He claims he never bet against the Reds. And having met him, I would believe him simply because he is the type of guy who would play you in any game if you said you could best him at it.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Bengals78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

I'm not saying he's not a HOF, and I know he only bet on his team as a coach, but he's not as good of a player as Bonds or Clemens were. It's just a fact.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-23-2012, 03:17 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengals78 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not saying he's not a HOF, and I know he only bet on his team as a coach, but he's not as good of a player as Bonds or Clemens were. It's just a fact.
Except it is not. If it was, people would not debate it. It is your opinion.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-23-2012, 03:22 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengals78 View Post
Are you seriously going to debate that he's better than Bonds? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-23-2012, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Are you seriously going to debate that he's better than Bonds? Seriously? SERIOUSLY?
Uh oh. Someone disagreed with Brody....

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-23-2012, 03:25 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bonds and Clemens are ABSOLUTELY better than Rose. Rose was great, but no.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Uh oh. Someone disagreed with Brody....
Bonds got on base more, was a better fielder/won more gold gloves, was a better baserunner, had considerably more power, won more MVPs...I seriously have absolutely no clue how you could see Rose as a better player than Bonds. It's ******* ridiculous.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-23-2012, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Bonds got on base more, was a better fielder/won more gold gloves, was a better baserunner, had considerably more power, won more MVPs...I seriously have absolutely no clue how you could see Rose as a better player than Bonds. It's ******* ridiculous.
Take away the roids and it's not even an issue, correct?
Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great, Epstein begins his conquest of the NL now. Zach Lee and Randall Delgado are very good rotation pieces that aren't ready to help this team win yet, meaning he gets to tank his way up the draft board.

Still, Dempster will be more effective than Delgado in the playoff rotation, and that's all that matters this year for Atlanta. There is still plenty of pitching depth in the Atlanta system, even without Vizzy and Julio dropping.
mqtirishfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:32 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Take away the roids and it's not even an issue, correct?
Take away the roids and you have a 3 time MVP and the best player of the 90s. And again, I legitimately don't see any direct correlation between roids and performance like so many others do. Bonds was the hardest working player in baseball, and he was absolutely obsessed with being the best.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 07-23-2012, 03:33 PM    (permalink
Bengals78
All-Pro

Quote:
Rose didn't have to cheat to get to where he got.

bonekrusher
The Twitters
themaninblack
Old 07-23-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Great, Epstein begins his conquest of the NL now. Zach Lee and Randall Delgado are very good rotation pieces that aren't ready to help this team win yet, meaning he gets to tank his way up the draft board.

Still, Dempster will be more effective than Delgado in the playoff rotation, and that's all that matters this year for Atlanta. There is still plenty of pitching depth in the Atlanta system, even without Vizzy and Julio dropping.
He'll have to beat out Houston for that, who possesses about 3 players who are legitimate major leaguers.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:35 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You make all Reds fans look stupid.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote