Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2012, 06:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garza is who I want the Halos to get

Rangers just lost Colby Lewis for the year so expect them to get an arm for sure
Old 07-23-2012, 06:38 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
We'll trade you Ben Zobrist for him.
Ben Zobrist hahahahha... sorry.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
would anyone like Aubrey Huff? I'll trade you for a bag of potato chips and some worthless single A player.
I traded an Aubrey Huff showdown card for a bag of chips back in the day. I won that deal.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 06:53 PM    (permalink
asdf1223
Veteran

asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.asdf1223 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just feels so weird seeing Ichiro go. Thanks for the 2001 season and making Mariners baseball watchable all these years.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
Someone overpay for Wandy, please.
I seen the Pirates might have an interest to him.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Notredameleo
Pro Bowler

Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Notredameleo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Traded our second or third best prospect for a pitching rental and a utility infieder (who I DO love, and will shore up 2nd base). I guess we shall see how this ends up. On first thought though, not a fan.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tigers farm system sucks anyway. It's a team built to win now.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:16 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pretty much, and this move helps them in 2 areas. I think it's fine for them
Old 07-23-2012, 07:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That Marlins team is such an abortion.

They heinously spent **** tons of money on everything about the team. New stadium, new uniforms, rebranding of the entire franchise, tons of money on expensive free agents... None of which were approved by fans or positively reviewed by critics.

And the team is still bad and people still don't show up to the games. One of the worst extortions of tax payer money in the history of the United States. The team should have moved somewhere that wants a team like Portland (which, consequently, would have kept Houston from switching to the AL West and created a great natural rivalry with Seattle).

Last edited by nepg : 07-23-2012 at 07:32 PM.
nepg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Those MArlins caps make them look like a *** Mario
Old 07-23-2012, 07:34 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
Not that he provides anything other than good defense.

I'll be honest, I never thought I'd see Ichiro in another uniform.
Same, and I'm not too excited to see it happen. I'd like to see him win, but it still feels wrong.

Seriously, how do I keep ending up in this thread?
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
jrdrylie
All-NFLDC

jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.jrdrylie is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Garza is who I want the Halos to get

Rangers just lost Colby Lewis for the year so expect them to get an arm for sure
Garza for Trout???

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidGold View Post
Bortlezzzzzzz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monomach View Post
Brilliant letting one of Scott Pioli's henchmen have his own team to ruin.  One of the premier GM jobs in the NFL and it gets handed to a stupid **** who makes three facepalm moves for every good one.  Awesome.  Just like handing a new Mercedes to a 16 year old girl who's already been in three wrecks. 
jrdrylie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Bixby (Thumper)
Rookie

Location: "Everybody sounds like Meryl Streep with a gun to their head."
Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bixby (Thumper) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Supposedly the Athletics are in the market for anyone who can play the left side of the diamond. They've been tied to Yunel Escobar and Jon Heyman tweeted that the A's are the "new one" for Chase Headley.
Bixby (Thumper) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:39 PM    (permalink
nepg
All-NFLDC

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Those MArlins caps make them look like a *** Mario
Let me fix what I said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

They heinously spent **** tons of money on everything about the team. Ugly new stadium, ugly new uniforms (when they had some of the nicer uni's in baseball), retardedly rebranding of the entire franchise that didn't need to be, tons of money on overpaying expensive free agents that aren't good... None of which were approved by fans or positively reviewed by critics.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdrylie View Post
Garza for Trout???
Garza for a whiff of Trout's taint and Albert Pujols gold chain necklace

deal?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Angels scouting Josh Johnson and Francisco Liriano tonight. Also have interest in James Shields and Jeremy Hellickson

I hope they get Johnson or Hellickson.
Old 07-23-2012, 07:55 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Man, the price for these SP is off the charts. Dempster for Delgado, Anibal Sanchez for Turner. These are SP who are FA after the season and teams are paying with top tier SP prospects
Sabean came up with this brilliant strategy last year. Like many geniuses, he was well ahead of everyone.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 07:58 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Sabean came up with this brilliant strategy last year. Like many geniuses, he was well ahead of everyone.

The Master
Old 07-23-2012, 07:59 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hope Turner works out better for you DG than Andrew Miller and Maybin.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:13 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think I could get a hit off Liriano tonight.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:18 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bixby View Post
Supposedly the Athletics are in the market for anyone who can play the left side of the diamond. They've been tied to Yunel Escobar and Jon Heyman tweeted that the A's are the "new one" for Chase Headley.
Yeah. When the left side of your infield has a 51 and 68 wRC+... You will be be desperate for help.

Personally I'd love Rollins and Headley.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:30 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rollins prolly too expensive for Oak.

Vogelsong allowed 3 ER or less in 16 of his 17 starts.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:33 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You do know Rollins has been absolutely terrible the last 3 years. The most overrated player of the last 10 years. If he's not he's certainly on the short list.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 08:47 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post

They heinously spent **** tons of money on everything about the team. New stadium, new uniforms, rebranding of the entire franchise, tons of money on expensive free agents... None of which were approved by fans or positively reviewed by critics.

And the team is still bad and people still don't show up to the games. One of the worst extortions of tax payer money in the history of the United States. The team should have moved somewhere that wants a team like Portland (which, consequently, would have kept Houston from switching to the AL West and created a great natural rivalry with Seattle).
Marlins are 12th in attendance percentage. Heath Bell being **** and the Marlins being absolutely ******* awful with RISP (plus some injuries) have absolutely killed them this year. They had the best month in franchise history this year. Yes right now they're ******* terrible, but please stop overreacting a ridiculous amount like they should just blow up the stadium right now.

And woo we won. But JJ got hurt. So no trading him now woo.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:07 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by draftguru151 View Post
Marlins are 12th in attendance percentage.
Doesn't hurt that they have the smallest stadium in the league. 18th overall isn't terrible, but with a brand new stadium, it's pretty bad.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote