Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-26-2012, 01:49 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
A part of me feels like the reason why Marte was called up this weekend was to showcase him for a trade. For weeks NH said that he wasn't ready and needed stuff to work on. Why bring him up the weekend before the trade deadline if he isn't ready? I know they play the Astros and all that, but something seems fishy to me.
The other option is to check him out before the deadline so they can see if they need to make a trade for a bigger bat.
Old 07-26-2012, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tommy Milone continues to have the most absurd splits ever.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
A part of me feels like the reason why Marte was called up this weekend was to showcase him for a trade. For weeks NH said that he wasn't ready and needed stuff to work on. Why bring him up the weekend before the trade deadline if he isn't ready? I know they play the Astros and all that, but something seems fishy to me.
Showcase him for 4 days? No.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:06 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anything he does in the games between now and the deadline means nothing. Way to small of a sample size for either the Pirates to decide if they need a bat in a trade or for any other team to change their opinions of him.

Fans react to samples that small, not baseball teams.

Hopefully they finally just had enough of Presley being pathetic while Marte was doing very well in AAA.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
Tommy Milone continues to have the most absurd splits ever.
They are hilarious.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marte will lead off. Love seeing Presley put of the lineup.

Old 07-26-2012, 04:20 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Boggs and Motte are becoming beast in the 8th and 9th innings. I didn't think Boggs would be any good, seemed like he struggled finding the strikezone his first 2 years but this season he's put it together, 1.76 ERA, Hasn't been scored upon in his last 18 appearances.

Not really sure what I want the Cardinals to do on deadline day, The problem in the past was getting outs in the 6th and/or 7th innings before we got to Boggs and Motte but now with Rosenthal up he looks like he could be just as good, if not better than anyone we could get in a trade for that role. and if he does claim that "7th inning" role all three guys can bring the heat at 96-100 mph.

The only concern I have with the pitching staff is the young starting rotation, guys like Kelly and Lynn not being used to pitching this many innings, So I am a bit worried about fatigue in the arm as we get to September....With Kelly more so than Lynn. So maybe adding a starter and moving Kelly to the Pen just to make it stronger might be the best way to go.

I also wouldn't mind a Right Handed bat for the bench.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Question:

How will the playoffs work?

Let's say Angels vs. Athletics in the play-in game.

Weaver wins.

Will he be able to start Game 2 and Game 5 against the Yankees in the Wild Card round?
Technically he could pitch game 1 if they wanted, right?

I don't like the one game setup. You could have the top wildcard team with a ten game lead on the second wildcard. Probably logistically impossible to squeeze in a 3 game series but one game seems obsurd to me.
Babylon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its a joke. Play a grueling 162 game season and have your postseason fate decided by one game.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:47 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Its a joke. Play a grueling 162 game season and have your postseason fate decided by one game.
Yeah you can thank last years "magical" last day of the regular season for that.
Old 07-26-2012, 04:54 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it's awesome. Puts some real excitement into the season. It's the only situation where I don't think it's ******* stupid to have 2 wild cards.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JordanTaber View Post
Football...it's rocket surgery now, folks.
prock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

It's brutal. Getting a wildcard isn't even like making the playoffs anymore. Winning a wildcard over a 162 game season only truly wins you a 50% chance of making the playoffs.

Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
I think it's awesome. Puts some real excitement into the season. It's the only situation where I don't think it's ******* stupid to have 2 wild cards.
Awesome until a team goes 95-67 and lose the one game playoff to a team that's barely .500!
Old 07-26-2012, 06:52 PM    (permalink
comahan
Pillow Hat Pal
All-NFLDC

comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.comahan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I typically really like MLBNetwork and their coverage, particularly MLB Tonight, but my god Jerry Manuel is horrible.

comahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:17 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Awesome until a team goes 95-67 and lose the one game playoff to a team that's barely .500!
Then win your division. It's as simple as that.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Starling Freaking Marte homered on his first pitch ever as a big leaguer. It was beautiful.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:25 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

quickly trade him before people realize he is a 4th OF :D

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
quickly trade him before people realize he is a 4th OF :D
Oh yea, I know.
Old 07-26-2012, 07:44 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.prock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
It's brutal. Getting a wildcard isn't even like making the playoffs anymore. Winning a wildcard over a 162 game season only truly wins you a 50% chance of making the playoffs.
That's why the 5th team is ******* ********. But since they did it, this was the best way to do it.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2012, 07:50 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

best way to do it would be NBA/NHL style

8 teams NL & AL, 5 games series until NLCS/ALCS

Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
prock
All-Pro

Best way to do it is 4 teams per conference, just as it was.

Bonekrusher.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2012, 07:51 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by prock View Post
That's why the 5th team is ******* ********. But since they did it, this was the best way to do it.
I'd rather have left it at 4 teams. Way better.

But yes, win your division and you don't have to worry about it.

Old 07-26-2012, 08:01 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

1 Yankees
8 Rays

4 Tigers
5 White Sox

2 Rangers
7 Orioles

3 Angels
6 Athletics

-

1 Nationals
8 Diamondbacks

4 Giants
5 Braves

2 Reds
7 Dodgers

3 Pirates
6 Cardinals

Old 07-26-2012, 08:04 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

16 teams in a 30 team league is overkill. It's incredibly stupid for more than half the league to make it. You have to keep it exclusive. The NFL is perfect at 6/32, and MLB was fine with 4.
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by comahan View Post
I typically really like MLBNetwork and their coverage, particularly MLB Tonight, but my god Jerry Manuel is horrible.
Imagine that man managing your baseball team...