Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-27-2012, 07:46 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Halos sign Greinke longterm? Don't they already have a ton committed to their other starters? Or is Haren a free agent soon?
Old 07-27-2012, 07:47 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaaand the Angels annnounce that Vernon Wells was recalled from AAA and was activated today

from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows
Old 07-27-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Halos sign Greinke longterm? Don't they already have a ton committed to their other starters? Or is Haren a free agent soon?
Haren and Ervin have club options for next season at $15.5 and $13 million, respectively. Safe to say that one of them(maybe both) won't have their options picked up. Ervin would be the best bet here to let go since he's been horrible. They have $30+ million coming off the books this offseason as well(Abreu, Torii Hunter, Takahashi, Hawkins, Isringhausen, Izturis, Iannetta are all FA's to be after this season)

It's early in his tenure, but I don't see Dipoto trading away all of those guys for just a 2 month rental. At least, I hope
Old 07-27-2012, 07:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
I'm not as big on Olt. He's a 24 year old in AA with a 24% K%. Obviously he has insane power, but with Beltre locked up for I think 3 more years, I would have pulled the trigger if I was Texas

In any case, won't lie, was surprised by this. FIgured that they had no chance of getting Greinke if the Rangers really wanted him. Sounds like I was right since the Brewers only turned to the Halos once Texas balked at giving up Olt.

They really need to get an extension done with Greinke. If they do, then the deal is amazing. Segura had nowhere to play here with Aybar/Kendrick locked up for 4 years each and Hellweg is a 24 year old in AA with huge command issues and is likely a RP in the end. Pena has the upside to be a #2/#3 starter though, which hurts. Again, if they lock up Greinke though, the loss of Pena is irrelevant.

Overall, I'm good with the deal, but they NEED to lock him up because their farm is gutted now with the graduation of Trout and Richards + the loss of Segura/Hellweg/Pena. Oh well though, they have some guys at the lower levels who have room for growth
I think the Rangers have plans for Olt at 1B. If not, then yes... I'm scratching my head why they are acting like he's untouchable.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:02 PM    (permalink
Mufasa
Veteran

Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mufasa is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think the Rangers have plans for Olt at 1B. If not, then yes... I'm scratching my head why they are acting like he's untouchable.
Why would they move him from third?
Mufasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mufasa View Post
Why would they move him from third?
Because he's 24 years old and Adrian Beltre isn't going anywhere soon.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Xiomera
Hall of Famer
Legend

Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xiomera is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Haren and Ervin have club options for next season at $15.5 and $13 million, respectively. Safe to say that one of them(maybe both) won't have their options picked up. Ervin would be the best bet here to let go since he's been horrible. They have $30+ million coming off the books this offseason as well(Abreu, Torii Hunter, Takahashi, Hawkins, Isringhausen, Izturis, Iannetta are all FA's to be after this season)

It's early in his tenure, but I don't see Dipoto trading away all of those guys for just a 2 month rental. At least, I hope
Ah, that makes sense then. Greinke will be really sought after, though, so it's no slam dunk as I'm sure you know.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiomera View Post
Ah, that makes sense then. Greinke will be really sought after, though, so it's no slam dunk as I'm sure you know.
Yeah, that's why most teams trading for a rental will ask for a prospect as well in return. Like how the Rangers got Nelson Cruz in the Carlos Lee rental that sent the Brewers Francisco Cordero, Laynce Nix and Kevin Mench.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

Obviously, though the reports are that Greinke is "fond" of the Angels or whatever, so who knows. I'd hope they can hammer out a deal before he's officially an UFA and it's a free for all for his services
Old 07-27-2012, 08:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Obviously, though the reports are that Greinke is "fond" of the Angels or whatever, so who knows. I'd hope they can hammer out a deal before he's officially an UFA and it's a free for all for his services
...and as always... we all fear the Yankees opening up their checkbook.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:57 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because he's 24 years old and Adrian Beltre isn't going anywhere soon.
Seems like a better longterm option at 1B for Texas than Young and Moreland as well. Much cheaper option as well.

Thanks to Bone Krusher for the sig
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It wasn't Olt or Profar when the Rangers wouldn't do it. The Brewers wanted Perez.
Old 07-27-2012, 08:59 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...and as always... we all fear the Yankees opening up their checkbook.
Greinke's fragile psyche won't allow him to sign in NY.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:02 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.devinhester=R.O.Y 2006 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Agreed...if he couldn't take it in Kansas City he is in trouble.

He is lucky he may have played in two of the most laidback cities in MLB.

Old 07-27-2012, 09:16 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why have the Astros not moved Chris Johnson yet?

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 09:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Good point!
Old 07-27-2012, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Astros are so bad.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's just such terrible baseball. Poor Astros fans.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:40 PM    (permalink
BigDawg819
All-NFLDC

BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigDawg819 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Johnson is broken :(

Magical sig by OSUGiants

SSAEL....... its a new revolution!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
On another note, Nicklas Backstrom is amazingly good.
Quote:
Meanwhile, in hockey the other night, the Washington Capitals' Eric Belanger gets hit with a stick, loses EIGHT teeth, has an instant root canal in the locker room, comes back out and PLAYS and never says boo.

So new rule, NBA: Unless you have a root canal at halftime, SHUT UP AND PLAY!
BigDawg819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:42 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow A's. Wow.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 10:43 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Giants are choking this one away
Old 07-27-2012, 10:48 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Marco Scutaro gets traded to the Giants for Charlie Culberson.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:53 PM    (permalink
hawkeye123
Veteran

hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.hawkeye123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hines View Post
Marco Scutaro gets traded to the Giants for Charlie Culberson.
Good trade for both sides....just need another reliever and the Giants are good.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:24 PM    (permalink
devinhester=R.O.Y 2006
Pro Bowler

Question for the Marlins fans.

Looking back now that the Marlins dealt Hanley, should they have kept Matt Dominguez?

Old 07-27-2012, 11:35 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How ridiculous have the As been? Tonight's win is crazy.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote