Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-13-2010, 01:27 AM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Does anyone think Casey McGehee can sustain his current play? I drafted him late in my fantasy draft and right now he's my starting 3B. What should I expect from in the future?
Last year everyone said that his success was just luck and he'd fall sooner rather than later. Well that never happened so they started saying he'd go back to a below average player this year. Again hasn't happened and he's actually been even better.

He's looking good at the plate doing it too. He's getting good at bats and looks very comfortable. He hasn't even been streaky either. McGehee has gotten a hit in all but 6 games this season. Currently he's been the best offensive third baseman in the league. He might not stay quite that high, but he should be top 7 or so in MLB.
Old 05-13-2010, 09:58 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

only good thing I have going for KC right now is we're in great posistion to land the 1st overall pick
Old 05-13-2010, 10:15 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is that really a good thing? Dishing out millions to a player who may or may not ever pan out to anything relevant? The MLB Draft is the biggest crapshoot of the major sports. By far.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Is that really a good thing? Dishing out millions to a player who may or may not ever pan out to anything relevant? The MLB Draft is the biggest crapshoot of the major sports. By far.
yeah but the on field product is nothing to brag about right now
Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is true. I'm hearing that there are a lot of young arms on their way + Moustakas is finally starting to produce. Combine them with Billy Butler, and there is some reason for hope long term.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 05-13-2010, 10:53 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Billy Butler, but I think he's so ridiculously overrated by some people that it kind of puts me off him. He is absolutely not a franchise piece, he should be a solid secondary piece when Mous and so forth develop.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Butler would be a #5 hitter on a contender. He is a good hitter for average and power. Nothing wrong with the guy really. He isn't a centerpiece, but he's a good protector, and he produces with RISP. I'd be happy with him as my DH. Not ecstatic, but happy.

Old 05-13-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I like Billy Butler, but I think he's so ridiculously overrated by some people that it kind of puts me off him. He is absolutely not a franchise piece, he should be a solid secondary piece when Mous and so forth develop.
His ceiling(IMO) is probably .310/.380/.490 with 35ish homers. Not bad, but he's not going to be carrying any teams.
Old 05-13-2010, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
His ceiling(IMO) is probably .310/.380/.490 with 35ish homers. Not bad, but he's not going to be carrying any teams.
If he ever hits more than 28 homers, I will **** bricks.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-13-2010, 11:50 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Billy Butler will break out in 2011 with 35+HR

at least I hoped, I loved Billy Butler as a prospect and a hitter

as for hitters coming around how about Andre Ethier

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If he ever hits more than 28 homers, I will **** bricks.
Yeah. 35 is probably the absolute ceiling, but I guess I'm a little bit more optimistic he'll take up juicing than you are.
Old 05-13-2010, 12:34 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

Moose and Hosmer are tearing up the minors right now.Moose could be up next year heck he could be in triple A by year's end.and Mike Montgomery...remember the name
Old 05-13-2010, 01:02 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
Moose and Hosmer are tearing up the minors right now.Moose could be up next year heck he could be in triple A by year's end.and Mike Montgomery...remember the name
T-RICH49 circa 2006-2007:

Quote:
Gordon and Butler are tearing up the minors right now.Gordon could be up next year heck he could be in triple A by year's end.and Luke Hochevar...remember that name
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:04 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So, I just had 2 trades proposed to me that I find really odd.

Background on my team: I'm middle of the road in all stats except tops in ERA, last in Ks. I have Votto at first, with Glaus backing him up. My starting OF is Soriano, Milledge, and Francoeur...yea. My starting pitching is Halladay...my 2nd best pitcher (Happ) is on the DL, so by default Jamie Moyer is 2nd. Also, it's an NL only keeper league and Holds is a stat.

So remembering all that, here's the 2 trades (from the same person):

I give: Roy Halladay, Alfonso Soriano
I get: Ryan Howard, Ryan Ludwick, Randy Wolfe, Carlos Silva
OR
I give: Roy Halladay, Hisanori Takahashi
I get: Ryan Howard, Randy Wolfe

Obviously he wants Halladay and is willing to give up Howard (he has Pujols and Ike Davis). I really want to unload Soriano while his stock is high. But why would I give up the only pitcher I have that gets Ws, Ks, and keeps my ERA low, while taking on a 3rd 1B, an OF no better than what I have, and crappy starters that will also drag my ERA up and not give me Ks.

Sorry it's long, and no one cares. But if anyone is bored like me and feels like sharing any insight...
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Miguel Cabrera is having a monster season. He is scared of Brennan Boesch taking his spot in the line up.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:13 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man that O's game was pretty ******* awesome.
We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
Man that O's game was pretty ******* awesome.
Just watching that highlight I had a little tear in my eye haha. What an uplifting win.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

Background on my team: I'm middle of the road in all stats except tops in ERA, last in Ks. I have Votto at first, with Glaus backing him up. My starting OF is Soriano, Milledge, and Francoeur...yea. My starting pitching is Halladay...my 2nd best pitcher (Happ) is on the DL, so by default Jamie Moyer is 2nd. Also, it's an NL only keeper league and Holds is a stat.

OR

Obviously he wants Halladay and is willing to give up Howard (he has Pujols and Ike Davis). I really want to unload Soriano while his stock is high. But why would I give up the only pitcher I have that gets Ws, Ks, and keeps my ERA low, while taking on a 3rd 1B, an OF no better than what I have, and crappy starters that will also drag my ERA up and not give me Ks.

Sorry it's long, and no one cares. But if anyone is bored like me and feels like sharing any insight...
I care goddammit. Both deals suck though.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 05-13-2010, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Poor Grady Sizemore. I hope he can bounce back soon.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:26 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by iowatreat54 View Post

OR

Why in gods name would you give up Halladay for anything other than a Pujols ransom?
Old 05-13-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I care goddammit. Both deals suck though.
That's what I think. I don't wanna give up Halladay like at all, and especially not for crap. Plus, even though Howard is good, I have Votto, who is godly, and Glaus, who might be ok but can also play 3B for me. Why would I want another 1B?

I just wanted other opinions to see if I was missing something. I do, however, really want to try and trade him Soriano for Aramis Ramirez. That would be awesome.
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:30 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know what is a rare occurrence these days? An Albert Pujols homerun

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bud Norris is 0-4 this season with an ERA of 9.59 this season against the rest of the league........Against the Cardinals he's 2-0 with a 0.76 ERA.

Lets take that farther, in 4 career starts against the Cardinals, Bud freaking Norris is 4-0 26.0 IP, 1 ER, 25 Ks and a whopping ERA of 0.38, he freaking has 7 career wins and a 7.24 career ERA

The legend of Bud Norris continues.
Old 05-13-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cardinals need to get their heads on straight. Each game its one guy hitting well the others sucking. Tired of a good day from molina, then holiday then apu

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Cardinals need to get their heads on straight. Each game its one guy hitting well the others sucking. Tired of a good day from molina, then holiday then apu
Man, I wished my team had great starting pitching and above average hitting. It's 6 weeks into the season. They'll be fine.