Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 12-13-2012, 02:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
No plan? You've been to 2 out of the last 3 WS. If you want no plan check out the Mets.
I guess it could be worse. lol.

I didn't want Hamilton back badly. I had come to ease at losing him during the season, but the Angels??? It's weird how that is. You sell your mind on reasons why it'd be ok to lose him, then he goes to a rival and you think of all the reasons why he could still be so good. LOL. They'll enjoy the honeymoon period, I'm sure. ...but I think there's a lot more temptation for a guy like him in LA to screw up again.

Now Jurickson Profar is supposed to be our savior.

I do not believe.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
Not that it's that big of a move... but it's an upgrade over Lackey and probably Morales.
I'd rather keep Morales in the bullpen and give him spot starts here and there.
Not sure how I feel about doing the bullpen to starter experiment again.
Hell no... I want Morales in the rotation now. He was far better as a starter last season than as a reliever.

Signing Dempster is just going to push back a good young lefty into the pen we he was solid but not great.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
If I was Texas, I would have just traded Profar back when they had the chance to get Upton

Yeah, Profar has higher upside than Andrus, but at least with Andrus the Rangers already know what they have(which is a pretty damn good SS already). They had just locked Kinsler up to an extension, so they really had nowhere to play Profar. They need an OFer. Trading a high upside/all potential at this point SS for Justin Upton would have been great. He's still young himself, and has high upside as well(not to mention he has shown his potential in the big leagues a few years)

They'd still be fine at MIF with Andrus/Kinsler and would now have a young OFer who has 30/20 potential
I agree. I can understand them not wanting Hamilton for 5 more years. Stick to what got them there... investing in young talent. But Upton is young and the way Bauer was given away for free, the Rangers probably could've gotten Upton and Bauer is some package that included Andrus or Profar.
Old 12-13-2012, 02:33 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Torii Hunter ‏@toriihunter48

I was told money was tight but I guess the Arte had money hidden under a Mattress. Business is business but don't lie.
Lol, Torii's mad.
Old 12-13-2012, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cubs sign Anibal? Didn't expect that
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2012, 06:41 PM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BloodBrother is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well now it appears that the Tigers were given a chance to match it and they have bumped up their offer, so who knows
Old 12-13-2012, 10:30 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodBrother View Post
Lol, Torii's mad.

How much does he seek for?
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Rangers need to pursue Stanton.
Old 12-14-2012, 07:58 AM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You just need to trade for Dickey already.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 08:10 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The best part of this offseason is going to see how the Rangers retaliate after losing Greinke and Hamilton and not trading for Upton.

We are in for a show gents.
Old 12-14-2012, 09:07 AM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sanchez 5/80 to Detroit

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 09:11 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Sanchez 5/80 to Detroit
Whoa. I didn't think he'd get that much.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 11:09 AM    (permalink
BloodBrother
All-Pro

*Things Dayton Moore is thinking in his head*

Tigers had to bring him back if they plan on beating out the mighty Royals now that they have James Shields
Old 12-14-2012, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
The best part of this offseason is going to see how the Rangers retaliate after losing Greinke and Hamilton and not trading for Upton.

We are in for a show gents.
You make it sound exciting, but the results could end up being very bad too.

#giancarloFTW!
Old 12-14-2012, 01:36 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You make it sound exciting, but the results could end up being very bad too.

#giancarloFTW!
Bad for you... interesting for the baseball world.
Old 12-14-2012, 01:44 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sounds like a Dickey trade will be coming today or this weekend.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 01:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
...and the details areeee???????
Old 12-14-2012, 01:48 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They better get top tier prospects.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 01:50 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

Why? Why would anyone give top tier prospects for a pitcher on the wrong side of 35 (knuckle ball or not) that has been average up until last season? Not to mention he has only one year left on his deal.

The Mets are asking for way to much and someone is going to be ******** and give it to them.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:08 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
All-NFLDC

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why? Why would anyone give top tier prospects for a pitcher on the wrong side of 35 (knuckle ball or not) that has been average up until last season? Not to mention he has only one year left on his deal.

The Mets are asking for way to much and someone is going to be ******** and give it to them.
For the first time in my fandom, I don't have to pray it won't be the Cubs.

Jim Hendry - "Cy Young winner, and they only want a handful of prospects for him? Ya, we're close to winning it all this year, he'll put us over the top, take our entire farm system and next 5 drafts."

"You don't need thumbs. My best friend is my brother's dog, he doesn't have any thumbs, he's doin fine."
-Pat Angerer on breaking his thumb.

DJK = Mr. Fun-Haver
Kirk Ferentz = Coach Killjoy
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2012, 02:09 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Sounds like Texas, Toronto, and Baltimore are the suitors at this moment.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:

He's been above average the last 3 years but just amazing this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 12-14-2012, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Sounds like Texas, Toronto, and Baltimore are the suitors at this moment.
What does Texas have that the Mets would want?
Old 12-14-2012, 02:22 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
They better get top tier prospects.

D'Arnaud and Gose pls.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:23 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What does Texas have that the Mets would want?
We need OF and C. Olt makes 0 sense to move to OF since he's a plus fielding 3B.

sig by BoneKrusher