Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-10-2013, 11:54 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon League needs to be our set-up guy & Kenley Jansen has to close. I don't want a rollercoaster ride of emotion when my closer comes on the mound. I want light out throw strikes blow by you stuff like Jansen

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:53 AM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
Brandon League needs to be our set-up guy & Kenley Jansen has to close. I don't want a rollercoaster ride of emotion when my closer comes on the mound. I want light out throw strikes blow by you stuff like Jansen
I honestly have no idea why Mattingly continues to insist on having League close.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:12 AM    (permalink
SickwithIt1010
All-Pro

SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SickwithIt1010 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was just coming in here to post that Jansen needs to be the guy. Cmon Donny B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 49erNation85 View Post
I wouldn't be sir prized if he passed McCoy on the depth chart. I think he might have a better arm and accurate arm then him from the highlights I thought. He also got some wheels too help us prepare for QB's as Wilson , RG3 and other runners etc.
SickwithIt1010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:30 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickwithIt1010 View Post
I was just coming in here to post that Jansen needs to be the guy. Cmon Donny B.
How's his Mental toughness? Some guys blow a save and are done.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:46 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think your defense blew it more than anything, Prado & Parra probably still score but allowing 2 to score on a infield single is kinda ridiculous and Kubel's single wasn't that hard of a play either

#dontrunongeradoparra
http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/gameday/index..._copy_27926103

he mutombo'ed him

Last edited by fenikz : 06-11-2013 at 04:53 AM.
fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:00 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel like we had this Jansen/League convo about 2 weeks ago. It seems Don is just dead set on him being the closer.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:13 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Getting pretty pumped to see Cole play tonight, wish I could be there. Shame it isn't a weekend game.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Umpire Tom Hallion's punch out:

Haha

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 10:58 AM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
Getting pretty pumped to see Cole play tonight, wish I could be there. Shame it isn't a weekend game.
I get to be there

Old 06-11-2013, 01:31 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Westbrook is coming off the DL on Friday, he was pitching pretty well before he got hurt. I think they plan on sending Lyons to the bullpen. Will be interesting to see what they do when/if carpenter comes back. Wonder if theyll "DL" Shelby for a few weeks to let him rest up.

Our next three series' is a nice chance to continue adding some distance between us and the Reds and Pirates. We got the Mets, Marlins and Cubs. Hopefully the cards play like their capable of versus these teams. The cubs always play us tough. And that pitching matchup for Thursday is SEXY...Waino vs Harvey!
Old 06-11-2013, 01:35 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Wacha definitely staying up?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 06-11-2013, 01:42 PM    (permalink
pierce2walker
Pro Bowler

pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pierce2walker is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
I feel like we had this Jansen/League convo about 2 weeks ago. It seems Don is just dead set on him being the closer.
And this is why its so frustrating. It's not anything new. Just like how we continue to throw Cruz in the lineup when he's hitting worse than a pitcher or continue to throw Matt Magill out there or continue to put Ethier in the middle of the lineup. Mattingly has made very questionable decisions all year.

Pitch Jansen and Howell late in games, give Zach Lee a shot instead of Magill, give Pederson a spot start or two over Ethier and see how he does. You'd think with the lack of success he would try some of these things, but he continues to insist on the same things that have continually failed.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:06 PM    (permalink
fischbowl
All-NFLDC

fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fischbowl is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Haha
Love Hallion. One of the best old school umps still around

<+fenikz> "**** the Police, ride my fischstache bitches"
fischbowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce2walker View Post
And this is why its so frustrating. It's not anything new. Just like how we continue to throw Cruz in the lineup when he's hitting worse than a pitcher or continue to throw Matt Magill out there or continue to put Ethier in the middle of the lineup. Mattingly has made very questionable decisions all year.

Pitch Jansen and Howell late in games, give Zach Lee a shot instead of Magill, give Pederson a spot start or two over Ethier and see how he does. You'd think with the lack of success he would try some of these things, but he continues to insist on the same things that have continually failed.
Very questionable on a lot of the choices. One thing is for sure, even if you don't find a trade partner for Ethier, he can't be an everyday starter with the other OF's you got.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-11-2013, 03:51 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Is Wacha definitely staying up?
Tough to say. My gut feeling says yes he will be up for the remainder of the season, but I'm not sure I want it. I just don't want a bunch of dead arms by September and playoff time.

These young pitchers like Shelby and Wacha are exciting but anyone remember Lynn last year? He wore down in the second half of the season and was pretty much useless by playoff time. An 18-game winner pitching out of the bullpen because his arm was dead.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:13 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No Pirates tv game for me. Wonderful!
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:54 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gerrit Cole>>>you.
Old 06-11-2013, 06:58 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

That stop 5 feet away from home plate by Walker in the pirates game made no sense at all.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:06 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Oh ****! Allen Craig almost killed himself. With his knees, this man should not be playing the outfield.
Old 06-11-2013, 07:34 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Oh ****! Allen Craig almost killed himself. With his knees, this man should not be playing the outfield.
They need to make sure he just stays on the field because then he crushes the ball like just now....

Beast.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-11-2013, 07:35 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Craig with a 3-run shot!

.314 BA, 5 homers, 47 RBI

sexy.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:59 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post

Haha
I feel like he would be a great fighter in Mike Tyson's Punch Out. Kind of like Bald Bull, you know?

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They need to make sure he just stays on the field because then he crushes the ball like just now....

Beast.
They wouldn't have to put him in peril if the NL just adopted the DH rule.

Oldie but a goodie.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:03 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by nobodyinparticular View Post
They wouldn't have to put him in peril if the NL just adopted the DH rule.
I'm undecided on the DH coming to the NL. I guess it makes sense?

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 06-11-2013, 09:06 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

Quote:
I'm undecided on the DH coming to the NL. I guess it makes sense?
It makes even more sense now that we have interleague play throughout the season.

Oldie but a goodie.