Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 06-22-2013, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Dr. Gonzo
Icon

Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dr. Gonzo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Morrow needs to pull his head out of his ass as well.
Agreed. He is so incredibly talented but it just seems like he can't put it all together. When he is on he is elite so I will hold out hope that he can do it. Gibbons is about 100 times better than Farrell as a manager so hopefully that helps. The bullpen has been unreal and that is without Santos who has nasty stuff. I never thought I would see Cecil and Lind emerge as elite, let along both doing so in the same year. I think Lind comes back down to earth a bit but I can see Cecil remaining an elite bullpen arm.
Old 06-22-2013, 07:33 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marshallb View Post
Some??? They need a whole new rotation. The bullpen is fine, but the rotation needs a complete overhaul. No one currently in the rotation has a chance to be a long term solution.
I was messing around. Perkins is good, the rest of your pitching is ****.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:46 PM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brodeur View Post
I was messing around. Perkins is good, the rest of your pitching is ****.
I think Pressly can be a good middle reliever, but other than that, yea, I 'd have to agree. The good news is they have all kinds of bullpen arms in the system: May, Bard, Melotakis, Chargois, Duffey, Zack Jones, Tonkin, etc!!! Hell, Alex Meyer may even end up in the bullpen...

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
marshallb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 07:57 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, Kyle Gibson should really be up by now. It's almost July here.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-22-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I get pretty surprised every time I see Detroits record. With the pitching they have, and some of those bats, I really expect them to have a better record. It'll happen soon enough though.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 08:25 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** you Heath Bell
Old 06-22-2013, 08:43 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was excited to see Cincy losing, until I noticed Heath Bell on the mound.

Now it's up to Chapman to blow it. Good luck Dbacks.

Old 06-22-2013, 08:48 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Why doesn't he play that bad more often?

Old 06-22-2013, 08:51 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for Corbin but we are now 14-1 when he starts

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 09:39 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pedro Alvarez is having a pretty decent June.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alvarez is really tanking the ball at the moment. Not to mention his glove work is spectacular as well.
Old 06-22-2013, 09:45 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

I'm just hoping he can keep this up for a little longer. Anyone who's ever watched him knows how streaky he can be, just gotta enjoy watching him carry the offense for now and hope it keeps happening.

18 homers in June. I'd love to see him get around 40 when its all said and done.

Old 06-23-2013, 12:45 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster ******* sucks. The Red Sox need to get that rotation spot under control.

Iglesias up to .438
Old 06-23-2013, 01:06 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.marshallb is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Also, Kyle Gibson should really be up by now. It's almost July here.
Yea, but it's almost to the point of it being a lost season for him given that they said before the season that they would likely cap his innings around 130 or 140, and he's currently thrown 92.2. Obviously he needs to be up in the big leagues as him being in AAA is doing him no good at this point, but he'll likely make 6 or 7 starts and he'll be at that innings cap.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
If a girl is sucking me off, and I look down and shes beating off a **** of her own, I am absolutely going to tell her to stop. 100% of the time. Explain that ****.
Old 06-23-2013, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Yea, but it's almost to the point of it being a lost season for him given that they said before the season that they would likely cap his innings around 130 or 140, and he's currently thrown 92.2. Obviously he needs to be up in the big leagues as him being in AAA is doing him no good at this point, but he'll likely make 6 or 7 starts and he'll be at that innings cap.
The Twins are treating a 25.5 year old like he's 20 or 21.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-23-2013, 01:15 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
The Twins are treating a 25.5 year old like he's 20 or 21.
Oh, I agree. Only thing is that he is a year and a half removed from Tommy John surgery.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-23-2013, 01:19 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
Oh, I agree. Only thing is that he is a year and a half removed from Tommy John surgery.
18 months is a long time, he''ll probably be fine if they just don't overwork him.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-23-2013, 01:27 AM    (permalink
marshallb
All-Pro

Quote:
18 months is a long time, he''ll probably be fine if they just don't overwork him.
I feel the same way. If they wanted to have pushed a prospect to the big leagues this year, it should have been Gibson instead of Hicks or Arcia. Especially when you consider the innings limit, why waste 90+ innings in the minors when you have the rotation the Twins have. Keep the service time down for the guys who are 23 and (recently turned) 22 rather than the 25 year old.

sig by BK and avy by me
Quote:
Old 06-23-2013, 04:32 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

love this picture

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 07:03 AM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
love this picture
Will be interesting to see if Delgado can put together 2 QS's in a row today. I remember the braves had high hopes for him at one point, and he looked pretty damn good last start....I know it was the Marlins but still...

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Quote:
I feel the same way. If they wanted to have pushed a prospect to the big leagues this year, it should have been Gibson instead of Hicks or Arcia. Especially when you consider the innings limit, why waste 90+ innings in the minors when you have the rotation the Twins have. Keep the service time down for the guys who are 23 and (recently turned) 22 rather than the 25 year old.
Understandably, but if you guys continue to postpone the day that comes when Buxton/Sano hit together, I'll be happy.

RIP TheManInBlack
Old 06-23-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

9-0 through 3. Make that 11 in a row for Toronto.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:26 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I thought our pitching staff sucked...good god twins.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:29 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Twins pitching is about as bad as the Royals offense.
Old 06-23-2013, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Pedro homers 4th straight game.