Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-21-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...m-houston.html

Roy Oswalt requests trade before the deadline.
Old 05-21-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Although the Red Sox pitching will come around, don't think their defense will though.
I don't see why the defense wouldn't come around. I mean, it's not like it has far to go. Once Cameron and Ellsbury come back we should be fine. J.D. Drew, Dustin Pedroia, and Marco Scutaro are all top 5 at their positions according to UZR. Beltre and Youkilis haven't played up to their standards, but are still playing above average. Victor Martinez has been our only poor defender, but we knew that coming into the season. UZR has us as the 7th best defensive team in the majors this year and that is with Cameron and Ellsbury missing significant time.

I'm far more concerned about the pitching. Lester has already come around and Buchholz has been great but I'm not confident after that. Lackey has been a rollercoaster ride this year, Beckett has been bad and now he's injured, and I can't expect any sort of consistency out of the #5 spot.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Albert Pujols i loathe you. How can Brad Penny get a grandslam and you go 0/3?

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for the help Dave Bush.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 10:33 PM    (permalink
draftguru151
:/
Legend

draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.draftguru151 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Holy **** stop bitching every time he doesn't get a hit you have the best damn hitter in baseball on your team ****.

<Gaius_Baltar> That is correct comahan
<vidae> I ******* LOVE YOU DG
<njx9> <3 dg
draftguru151 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2010/0...m-houston.html

Roy Oswalt requests trade before the deadline.
I've heard he's wanted to pitch for St. Louis for awhile, but I don't think the Cards have the kind of prospects available to get a deal done.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:23 AM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ned Yost baseball is awesome baby!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-22-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
I don't see why the defense wouldn't come around. I mean, it's not like it has far to go. Once Cameron and Ellsbury come back we should be fine. J.D. Drew, Dustin Pedroia, and Marco Scutaro are all top 5 at their positions according to UZR. Beltre and Youkilis haven't played up to their standards, but are still playing above average. Victor Martinez has been our only poor defender, but we knew that coming into the season. UZR has us as the 7th best defensive team in the majors this year and that is with Cameron and Ellsbury missing significant time.

I'm far more concerned about the pitching. Lester has already come around and Buchholz has been great but I'm not confident after that. Lackey has been a rollercoaster ride this year, Beckett has been bad and now he's injured, and I can't expect any sort of consistency out of the #5 spot.
Well I don't think Beltre or Scutaro are nearly as good defensively as their metrics may suggest. And Martinez is terrible.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:02 AM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
Well I don't think Beltre or Scutaro are nearly as good defensively as their metrics may suggest. And Martinez is terrible.
Also, Ellsbury takes hilarious routes.
Old 05-22-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Sanders Dreadlock View Post
Albert Pujols i loathe you. How can Brad Penny get a grandslam and you go 0/3?
Dude, you're so ******* annoying. I wished the Pirates had the pitching and hitting of your club, and yet you ***** whenever the best player in baseball doesn't get a hit for a night. You can't get a hit in every single game and even the greatest of players go through slumps. Seriously, shut the **** up. You should be happy you have Pujols. But if you don't want him, there's a team in the Central that would kill to have him. Send him to the Pirates for free since, according to you, sucks. God.
Old 05-22-2010, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
True. But in that small left field, that shouldn't be as terrible.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 01:10 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa 2 4 life View Post
True story. It's funny how some people think he's a good center fielder because he made a high rate of diving catches. Of course they were only due to him being god awful at running to the ball.
Old 05-22-2010, 01:20 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ellsbury has been a fantastic defensive left fielder in 86 career games (small sample size, but not that small). Yeah, he's a bad center fielder but he won't be playing there once Cameron comes back.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Tampa 2 4 life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Ellsbury has been a fantastic defensive left fielder in 86 career games (small sample size, but not that small). Yeah, he's a bad center fielder but he won't be playing there once Cameron comes back.
23 seasons of UZR data is considered a big enough sample size. 86 games is way too small.
Old 05-22-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Dude, you're so ******* annoying. I wished the Pirates had the pitching and hitting of your club, and yet you ***** whenever the best player in baseball doesn't get a hit for a night. You can't get a hit in every single game and even the greatest of players go through slumps. Seriously, shut the **** up. You should be happy you have Pujols. But if you don't want him, there's a team in the Central that would kill to have him. Send him to the Pirates for free since, according to you, sucks. God.
I remember you bitching about Malkin's play a couple of seasons ago.

Pot, meet kettle
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 04:00 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
To be fair, I'm pretty sure you or I could play left field effectively at Fenway.

By defensive metric standings Bay was horrid in left prior to park adjustment to his metrics.
Old 05-22-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

Fichbowl's rays mancrush Thomas Rafferty has retired.
Old 05-22-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Justin Morneau is good.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:02 PM    (permalink
Tampa 2 4 life
All-Pro

John Axford's mustache is the greatest in sports.
Old 05-22-2010, 07:07 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

boston's going to lose tonight.

daisucke vs the phillies... it's probably best if i don't even look at the box score.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:10 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
boston's going to lose tonight.

daisucke vs the phillies... it's probably best if i don't even look at the box score.
I wouldn't doubt it but some of the veteran hitters for Boston might hit Kendrick around a bit, and Daiskue had a pretty good outing but he can be inconsistent. On streak for cash I went with the Sox, but the Phillies bats scare me always.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 07:48 PM    (permalink
Bob Sanders Dreadlock
Pro Bowler

Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bob Sanders Dreadlock is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
Dude has played like garbage all of may. In a contract year i expect him to play like he actually wants one of the richest contracts of all time. Right now he has 1 homerun after hitting 8 in April and has been batting a measly .282 And an update for today he went 0/4 he has been awful

Colts Cardinals Bulls Hurricanes
Bob Sanders Dreadlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:00 PM    (permalink
sbh15
2010 NFL Mock Draft Champ
All-Pro

sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sbh15 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude has played like garbage all of may. In a contract year i expect him to play like he actually wants one of the richest contracts of all time. Right now he has 1 homerun after hitting 8 in April and has been batting a measly .282 And an update for today he went 0/4 he has been awful
and he's still the best player in the mlb. it's called a slump.
sbh15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:05 PM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Holy **** shut up. He's has a .952 OPS for the season and the .837 he's put up for this month is still well above average. Babe ******* Ruth had slumps that were a hell of a lot worse than this.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 08:06 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbh15 View Post
and he's still the best player in the mlb. it's called a slump.
Exactly. Baseball as a whole is underrated as far as difficulty and I mean Albert himself will tell you that, and Kazmir has been pitching pretty well for LAA anyway.
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote