Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 07-23-2013, 02:10 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Problem is they have nothing to sell.

I can't think of a statement more false, Kuroda is one of the top SP available if he waives his NTC, Granderson if he shows hes healthy at all can bring back something. Hughes probably a B prospect for a team desperate for BP depth, Joba possibly a C prospect (if some team gets desperate).

Oh, and that guy named Cano, who would be the best hitter available.

And this is only guys who are hitting FA this year. Robertson and Gardner would most definitely be valuable in a trade as well.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 03:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cards are interested in Jake Peavy. We need SP help for sure
Old 07-23-2013, 03:15 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I would hate this.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:30 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Problem is they have nothing to sell.
Sure they do. Phil Hughes, Joba Chamberlain, Kuroda, Pettite, they have guys.
Old 07-23-2013, 03:35 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Marmol called up to Dodgers.

**** just got real.

In other news, very excited for Yelich's debut tonite.

Sig by the King BK

Fear the Spear - Winston Era has begun....
Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
BallerT1215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D View Post
Yanks can't get the players in free agency that they used to because teams are locking up their young guys. Now they are using their money to trade for overpaid veterans...
It's more the new luxury tax sharing structure than anything. MLB passed the new luxury tax rule while the Yankees had 200 million plus tied up in salary. I wish when they passed that, they would have allowed teams to "amnesty" a player like in hockey. Yankees would gladly still pay Arod all that money to never play again if it didn't count towards the soft cap.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rangerzz baby. Garzzzzzzza time.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post

I can't think of a statement more false, Kuroda is one of the top SP available if he waives his NTC, Granderson if he shows hes healthy at all can bring back something. Hughes probably a B prospect for a team desperate for BP depth, Joba possibly a C prospect (if some team gets desperate).

Oh, and that guy named Cano, who would be the best hitter available.

And this is only guys who are hitting FA this year. Robertson and Gardner would most definitely be valuable in a trade as well.
You're being a huge homer. I was excluding Cano you're obviously not trading him.

Kuroda only wanted to pitch for you or Japan so he's certainly not waving his NTC.

The Granderson who's been out all year with injuries and a FA at the end of the year? Oh yeah he's also still owed millions of dollars. Yup that's a big piece.

Hughes has been as average as the come this year and is a 5th SP on a contender. I don't think any team gives up a B prospect for him. Also a FA at the end of the year.

Joba has been awful this year. Maybe a bag of balls gets him. Also a FA at the end of the year.

You're not trading Robertson when Mariano is walking. He's your closer for next year.

Gardner yes you could get something very good for him but again he's your only good OF on the roster for next year so unless someone bowls you over he's staying.

In recap your 2 best bats are good pieces but are pretty much locked into the roster. Cano is getting re-signed no questions. Some average to below average FA to be pitchers. Yeah I'm sure Cashman will be fielding tonssss of calls this deadline.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 04:52 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Love it, I think Lynn belongs in the bullpen. We need SP, and possibly a SS...
Old 07-23-2013, 04:58 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BallerT1215 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well....This would void the contract I assume?? Next Pete Rose?

Quote:
According to CBS Evening News’ Jim Axelrod, Alex Rodriguez could be facing a lifetime ban from MLB.
Ryan Braun was given a 65-game suspension on Monday for his involvement in the Biogenesis PED clinic and reports from ESPN have stated that the evidence against A-Rod is "far beyond" what Major League Baseball investigators had on the Brewers star. Rodriguez is presumably going to attempt to work out a deal with the commissioner's office, but if MLB has enough evidence it could look to push the 37-year-old third baseman out for good. There's much more to come.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
"I wasn't going to lose to Miami, no matter what," Freeman said. "It means a lot to go out there and beat them. Every time I get a chance, I want to destroy them."
Old 07-23-2013, 05:02 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Would be the best thing to happen to the Yanks. A miracle of miracles.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:06 PM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're being a huge homer. I was excluding Cano you're obviously not trading him.

Kuroda only wanted to pitch for you or Japan so he's certainly not waving his NTC.

The Granderson who's been out all year with injuries and a FA at the end of the year? Oh yeah he's also still owed millions of dollars. Yup that's a big piece.

Hughes has been as average as the come this year and is a 5th SP on a contender. I don't think any team gives up a B prospect for him. Also a FA at the end of the year.

Joba has been awful this year. Maybe a bag of balls gets him. Also a FA at the end of the year.

You're not trading Robertson when Mariano is walking. He's your closer for next year.

Gardner yes you could get something very good for him but again he's your only good OF on the roster for next year so unless someone bowls you over he's staying.

In recap your 2 best bats are good pieces but are pretty much locked into the roster. Cano is getting re-signed no questions. Some average to below average FA to be pitchers. Yeah I'm sure Cashman will be fielding tonssss of calls this deadline.

And you're letting your bias cloud your judgement.

We have no idea what Kuroda wants, he signed here for a chance to win, who says he wouldn't go back to the Dodgers for half a year? I also have no idea if Cano will be resigned or not, it hasn't happened yet, so we have no idea if it will.

Plenty of teams have scouted Joba already, and Hughes has rumored interest from the Rockies and I'm sure other teams would love him in the 8th. I'm not expecting the world for these guys.

I already said I only included the rentals, as that's usually what sellers sell.

And to the original point, you said we have no pieces to sell, not if we are actually going to sell them off. If we REALLY did sell and could convince Kuroda to waive the NTC? Cano, Hughes, Joba and Kuroda all traded probably bumps our system from 13-15 to easy top 10.
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:07 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love that if it got his contract of our books so it didn't count for luxury tax.

However it really would not be fair to him. Since Bonds, McGwire, and Clemens, A-Rod has bore the brunt of the steroid issue. There are plenty of players who are or should be very thankful that A-Rod gets so much scrutiny when it comes this. The guy has never actually failed a test, yet. How can you ban him for life?
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 05:08 PM    (permalink
BallerT1215
All-Pro

Teams will want Phil Hughes. His ERA is very misleading this year as he had a very solid year after the poor start (3-4 starts) and one huge blowup game he didn't get out of the 1st inning.

Hughes is a legitimate #2-#3 pitcher especially once he gets out of that little league park.

Teams will want him if they showcase him.

Sig by the King BK

Quote:
Old 07-23-2013, 05:17 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodapoop View Post
Love it, I think Lynn belongs in the bullpen. We need SP, and possibly a SS...
Couldnt agree more. Lynn is a mediocre starter but a dead sexy reliever.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:06 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yankees are not the seller, PERIOD. Kuroda does not have any no trade clause this year. Chamberlain and Hughes need a change of scenery but many teams want Hughes for relief job so the returning value will be laughable.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:29 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pedroia agreed 7 years, 100 Million.

I am glad to see probably my all time favorite athlete locked up for what should be his entire career. He needs to retire with the Sox.
Old 07-23-2013, 06:38 PM    (permalink
YotoJets007
Pro Bowler

YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YotoJets007 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

I am glad to see probably my all time favorite athlete locked up for what should be his entire career. He needs to retire with the Sox.

Good for him. He has worked out well for Red Sox. I hope it may help Yankees sign Cano to 16-17m AAV instead of 20+m AAV.
YotoJets007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:43 PM    (permalink
ImBrotherCain
SWDC Mafia
All-NFLDC

ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ImBrotherCain is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are rumors stating that the Sox wanted to not have Cano set the market. Which makes a ton of sense... but Pedey has never been one about the money.

Now he never needs to worry about money again.
Old 07-23-2013, 07:24 PM    (permalink
princefielder28
Legend

princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.princefielder28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Francisco Rodriguez has been traded to Baltimore

Nick Delmonico to Milwaukee

Follow me on Twitter! http://twitter.com/#!/aMo_Captain

Last edited by princefielder28 : 07-23-2013 at 07:47 PM.
princefielder28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 07:37 PM    (permalink
Prowler
Pro Bowler

Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Prowler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

... I wish the Tigers would have grabbed K-Rod. I hope we don't do something dumb like end up with Street or by some insanity a Brandon League type closer.

Prowler's Newb Guide
Prowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 08:21 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man the Nats are sloppy.
Old 07-23-2013, 08:57 PM    (permalink
zachsaints52
Asian Batista
All-Pro

zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.zachsaints52 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post

I for one dont see him going to age 38, but players have played longer for sure.
Old 07-23-2013, 09:09 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallerT1215 View Post
Well....This would void the contract I assume?? Next Pete Rose?
I hate A-Rod as much as anyone but a lifetime ban is ridiculous.

All it does is make an example out of one single player.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 09:10 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Shelby Miller with a nice start tonight, he desperately needed it.